SYNC Update - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Haha, may have to give that a try. My 64gb iPhone 5 only has 300mb of free space left. Need to get me a 6+ I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
or get a real phone that uses micro SD storage
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I cannot understand why ford could not put simple instructions on there site. Thanks Chaz

Kingkong
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:05 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
I am convinced this isnt in my head. I think the USB communication has improved. Before my FM radio had a cleaner sound than my USB. Now it seems the other way around. Sonny Landreth was sounding mighty fine today.
Hmmm, I'll have to go back and give a more critical listen. I've mostly been listening to podcasts and not music since the update.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2015, 06:16 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Alright I did the update and everything seemed to work fine. I have the navigation with the shaker system and if I leave the music on when I turn off the car it will always be on line in when I get back in. Did this update fix this problem for anyone? My phone does connect to sync and I get 911 assist and everything and it does display the song title on Bluetooth now.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Brandneutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandneutral View Post
Alright I did the update and everything seemed to work fine. I have the navigation with the shaker system and if I leave the music on when I turn off the car it will always be on line in when I get back in. Did this update fix this problem for anyone? My phone does connect to sync and I get 911 assist and everything and it does display the song title on Bluetooth now.

Mine doesn't stay on Bluetooth audio too, which I thought was part of the update but I guess not. Kind of disappointed with that.

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
Mine doesn't stay on Bluetooth audio too, which I thought was part of the update but I guess not. Kind of disappointed with that.

Yea so did I but apparently not. Not a huge deal but it is disappointing.
Brandneutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:49 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
I cannot understand why ford could not put simple instructions on there site. Thanks Chaz

Kingkong

No problem man

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

This might be a dumb question but if your tuned and try to update your sync is there any interference?

Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
This might be a dumb question but if your tuned and try to update your sync is there any interference?

No. They are different computers. I think we have at least 3 onboard. The ABS has another one.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:04 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post

Kingkong

Try this instructional video, should be the same process:

http://youtu.be/4q22yJ49pW4

For those who have raxiom nav, you have to be at the phone menu. There are arrow buttons bellow call/end on the left side of the screen. You can browse Sync menu using these buttons just like in the video. I updated mine with no issues. Wait for the 2nd installation complete notification.
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandneutral View Post

Mine is behaving intermittently. Sometimes it will stay on Bluetooth, sometimes it'll revert back to USB, other times the Radio and worse, the BT now frequently fails to connect at all. When the latter happens I have to go to my iPhone's settings>bluetooth and select sync to make it connect.

I've tried re-setting the phone as well as deleting the pairing on both sync and the phone and re-paring, so far with no change in behavior.

I'm giving this update the Forrest Gump box of chocolates award!
Old 04-03-2015, 02:36 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
Mine is behaving intermittently. Sometimes it will stay on Bluetooth, sometimes it'll revert back to USB, other times the Radio and worse, the BT now frequently fails to connect at all. When the latter happens I have to go to my iPhone's settings>bluetooth and select sync to make it connect.

I've tried re-setting the phone as well as deleting the pairing on both sync and the phone and re-paring, so far with no change in behavior.

I'm giving this update the Forrest Gump box of chocolates award!
My sync is acting a lot quirkier also. It often does not respond to my "USB" command and keeps reading me that menu, which goes on forever. Or if I ask for a particular song it says it can't play protected material.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:29 PM   #83
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I just installed the update and now I'm actually using sync rather than yelling curse words at it.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:55 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
I just installed the update and now I'm actually using sync rather than yelling curse words at it.

Lol. Awesome!

2013 Race Red V6 Premium. 35% window tint, racing stripes, Raxiom interior LED dome lights, Raxiom license plate LED lights, MMD taillight trim, MMD Classic louvers, blacked out all side and back markers and tail lights, Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, upper and lower black modern billet grilles, MGP caliper covers, Ford Boss302 strut tower brace, 19" staggered black Axim MMD wheels with Pirelli tires.
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol a lot of people seem to hate sync...idk, always works for me when i give it voice commands.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 04-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
That is a lot of music

Lol my 128gb iPhone 6 has 42gb free. I have around 65gb of just music

Rollin' in my 5.0
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Lol my 128gb iPhone 6 has 42gb free. I have around 65gb of just music

Rollin' in my 5.0
I can see I have some catching up to do.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:11 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup! works for me as well. Only problem happens when my phone decides to crap out.

Spotify is awesome!
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:43 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

I think my problems have been from it taking longer to boot up. If i listen to the radio a few minutes before using it I don't have any problems. If I ask for USB as soon as I am pulling out of the driveway I have a lot of issues. It doesn't respond, or if it does it starts playing a song then locks up, etc. I think I must be asking it to go to work before it finishes booting.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:49 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

sync has been annoying since this update lately. I'm always on USB and lately when starting the car, it's on fm radio. that's very annoying.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:34 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
or get a real phone that uses micro SD storage
+1 GS5 is where its at...got a 64G SD card in mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
sync has been annoying since this update lately. I'm always on USB and lately when starting the car, it's on fm radio. that's very annoying.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
Sounds like what I go through every now and again with mine, but I haven't updated mine... ever.

Anyone notice any issues with their phone contacts not downloading? Mine just started doing this. I've repaired my phone 5 different times and it still only downloads some of my contacts and not all of them. Sucks when trying to make a call and it doesn't recognize the name you are asking it to call because it is not downloaded.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Noticed a new problem a couple of weeks ago. When I tell sync to play a particular track, she repeats back to me the correct track name (so I know she heard me correctly), but then proceeds to randomly play something else unrelated. If I ask again for the same track, sync will again play a wrong, but a different randomly selected song. Same thing happens if I use the dash controls to navigate to a particular track and select it. Something else will play instead. I can ask for or select the same track over and over again and each time get a different, incorrect song.
If I ask for a particular artist, she correctly repeats back to me and then plays tracks from the correctly requested artist. It won't work that way at the track level though.

This latest "upgrade" is a real POS.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Saw this cruising the GT forums. Go check your SYNC account online for an update! New features include bluetooth reconnecting if you turn the car off with it so you don't have to say "bluetooth audio" every time you get back in. Also, song/artist info now displays on the radio!

It looks like someone was listening, as these were my main gripes with the system.

For install you need a USB thumb drive and about 10-20min. I started my car, went to install, took a drive to get breakfast, and it finished while I waited in line for my chicken minis.

Didn't see any notification from Ford or anything, just happened to see it on another forum and found my car had a pending update when I logged into the SYNC site.

BTW, being this is a Microsoft system, I have never been afraid of "bricking" a car until now,

I bought my car used how can I check my account??
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
Noticed a new problem a couple of weeks ago. When I tell sync to play a particular track, she repeats back to me the correct track name (so I know she heard me correctly), but then proceeds to randomly play something else unrelated. If I ask again for the same track, sync will again play a wrong, but a different randomly selected song. Same thing happens if I use the dash controls to navigate to a particular track and select it. Something else will play instead. I can ask for or select the same track over and over again and each time get a different, incorrect song.
If I ask for a particular artist, she correctly repeats back to me and then plays tracks from the correctly requested artist. It won't work that way at the track level though.

This latest "upgrade" is a real POS.
That really sucks. Mine has never done that either before or after this update. You should try and update it again, that sounds like you got a bad download or something. It is not a bug in the update.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I know this is completely off topic, but does anyone know if a 2013 v6 comes with the wires already installed for foglights on the grill?3

Gumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:35 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbus View Post
I know this is completely off topic, but does anyone know if a 2013 v6 comes with the wires already installed for foglights on the grill?3

I don't think they do
louie5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:40 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbus View Post

They don't, as Ford never designed the v6 Mustang for grille mounted foglights
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:01 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
They don't, as Ford never designed the v6 Mustang for grille mounted foglights
Thats strange because I have seen a v6 2014 with them near the chin spoiler. Its all stock has the 19' premium wheels. Maybe its some special premium v6.
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

You are right.'10-'14 Pony package V-6 Mustangs all have fogs in the lower bumper. Base models don't have the wires for them though.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:36 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Ohh okay. I guess if I got grille fogs I'll have to get the wires

Gumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:28 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
So... sync blows. I'm so done with Microsoft and Ford on this one. I was excited to update to features that it should have had in the first place. Cool, Ford's directions were wrong on the official website but thankfully Chaz here helped everyone out.

Fine... everyone makes mistakes.

I have been using the update for a while trying to enjoy the "new feature" of starting up the car and it staying on bluetooth audio...

doesn't work

Whatever, I'll say bluetooth audio every time i get in the car like before...

Recently, my bluetooth has been VERY buggy. Sometimes the sync lady goes off on a tangent and starts shouting commands out of nowhere (wtf?), she then gets stuck and starts spazzing out and turns on the radio instead of my phone audio...

but now, the bluetooth audio will work for about 5 minutes but then says the bluetooth connection has been lost or some BS and i have had to set up the bluetooth 3 times over already.

Even though i wanted the new features in the update, i wasn't expecting it to butcher the existing features.

I love my car in every way. The only feature that seems to ruin it for me is the media system. I don't understand how one of the largest tech companies paired with one of the largest automobile manufacturers can screw up so badly.

To be honest, i bet if i spent a week looking over the code for sync i could improve it tenfold.

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguanaman3 View Post
That really sucks. Mine has never done that either before or after this update. You should try and update it again, that sounds like you got a bad download or something. It is not a bug in the update.
I actually tried that using the files I had already down loaded. Immediately after re-installing he update Sync started working correctly again with respect to play the requested tracks. After about a day it reverted to the same problem again. Not sure how to go about getting a new download, but maybe that would be the fix?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:16 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Well thanks for the info guys. Here I was just logging back in to download the update...not anymore. I have enough issues with Sync as it is I dont need more...My main issue is when Sync just fails to load. Im stuck using radio or CD player and it wont prompt me for a command when I hit the speech button...occasionally it will do this and I need to unplug everything from the USB or shut off the car and restart it again. Sync blows and I hate that Ford still uses this Micrsoft BS...but whatever...next car I get Im ripping out the media system and installing a custom unit.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang