Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Bbk 73mm throttle body

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Hampton CIT 
#1 ·
I'm debating weather to get the bbk 73mm throttle body which you pair up with my Airaid CAI and a bama tune. Could anyone that has it give me some insight?

#8 ·
If you keep the 3.73 gears and you plan on continuing your 100+ mph highway cruising, you may want to consider a new drive shaft.

#6 ·
Lol...oh in that case it's worth 500.00! Gears and a tuner are still the best bang for the buck. I did like how the CAI made my car SOUND, along with the MBRP axle backs. If I was going to do one, somebody is making 80mm kits and selling them on this site....I would probably try one for the price he's selling them at!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#11 · (Edited)
When everything in your house's water system is the same, including water pressure, pipe diameters, etc., why do you think a larger faucet will make the water run faster?

It could make you "feel" faster, because it opens up quicker, but you can achieve the same thing by pressing your gas pedal a little further.

#20 ·
I have the Airaid CAI and the BBK 73mm TB. The CAI made the car sound deeper (to include the exhaust note). The throttle body did the same but you could feel the midrange power boost. No tuner here yet but so I'm expecting more then. Without the tune, the midrange increase with the TB is surprisingly good. I'm happy with my set up of both but I suppose if I had to choose one or the other, I'd go with the throttle body first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.