Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Resonator on off road x pipe, will it remove the rasp? Or sell it?

7K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Whitelightning 
#1 ·
So I wasn't to sure I wanted to keep my off road pipe because it has way to much raspy noise and I'm not digging that. But with the help of fellow mustang evolution members; I have came to a crossroad conclusion. Should I get resonators to remove the x pipe raspy sound ( but my problem with that is, will it remove enough rasp for it to not sound like a bunch of empty soda cans clinking and clanking together)? Or should I sell the BBK off road x pipe all together instead and install my stock one?

#2 ·
These 3.7's sound like garbage when you remove the cats IMO. Some resonators might tame it a little but it won't eliminate it.

#3 ·
Lol mine sounds classy. It's about your muffler setup. 3 years and people still don't get that.

Anyway, resonators don't reduce rasp. They change the tone of the exhaust. Deeper and more fart can sounding. You still have the rasp, so it's a half yes and half no

#6 ·
Try the roush ab mufflers. I have them on mine. Thing to remember with them is they mellow out a lot after 1200 miles or so. So you can not listen to them at first. I absolutely love mine. Just have to remember it's a v6 and will never sound like a v8. If your in Michigan we could meet up and u can hear the roush ab set up if you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#15 ·
I'm the opposite because everyone were in from uses flow master and I like to stand out. Naturally I run with magma flows but I love these roush ab. There perfect for me but its up to the driver really. I like what I like and you like what u like at the end of the day we all love our stangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#19 ·
Well, I'll agree with you on that. If someone wants an axle back to stand out and make a whole bunch of extremely loud noise, the Roush axle backs are for you. If someone wants ear piercing, head turning, then look no further. The Roush axle backs with no almost no baffling is the ticket. Its basically a hollow piece of metal in the shape of muffles. Ha ha ha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#18 ·
Exhaust sound

Exhaust sounds are like women, some of us like red heads, some blonds. It's all in what each of us is looking for. I've got GT500 on mine, primarly because I got tired of the drone between 1200 and 1600 rpm. Not a lot of sound now, but the f____n drone is gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.