Aluminum one piece drive shaft - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Illinois
Originally Posted by swhitfield2013 View Post
No problem glad i could help as for mean14 its has nothing to do with knowledge a nutless monkey could do it, its the fact you are going to need more clearance than most jacks plus ramps offer as well as the fact that with out the proper wrenches its virtually impossible if you have a lift an some torque wrenches more power to you but for those of us who dont have access to things like that this thread serves as a warning that yes you can get the rear bolts off, i did with the little bit i had but the part on the transmission isnt gonna happen there just isnt enough room to muscle it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

The only wrench I used was a 1/2" socket wrench with 5in extension. Make sure you're using a 12mm 12pt. All of this can be picked up at a local hardware store for around $20. That gave me enough leverage to muscle the front bolts no problem. I also didn't even Jack the front of the car up. It was the rear only and I had a good amount of clearance. I'm just spelling it out for people who want to do it themselves but are limited with tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #37
Registered Member
Region: Other
Soaked mine in some pb, let soak for 24hrs then used a big a** breaker bar. Came right loose for me.

mustanguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang