Is my dealership trying to rip me off with oil changes? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2015, 10:07 PM   #36
Registered Member

Region: Massachusetts
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Like I said another name for a dealership is rip off center...
Just to let you know, just because they work at a dealership doesn't mean they can fix a car...
The dealer that sold me my car actually crushed a rocker moulding putting it on a lift for warranty work. I think a garage full of monkeys couldn't have done a worse job.

2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #37
Registered Member

Region: Kentucky
Is my dealership trying to rip me off with oil changes?

Must be a local thing around here the dealerships suck, and when they finally admit they can't fix it we are called, very few things a dealer can do, assuming that they can do it right, that we can't. Especially, imports no one wants to work on imports here, which is real stupid, I guess they want to work on the easy stuff. But whatever if you want to take it the rip off center go ahead, let them take more of your money than they need, greedy bastards...
I mean we just finished a job today on an X5 BMW and it was $2,3XX nothing to major, just there aren't too many $20 parts on those cars, but I guess the auto repair world has gotten lazy. No one wants to work on the hard stuff, which is we they have maybe one or two cars on their lot. We've currently got 55 cars in a 10 bay shop with 7 workers, and on average about 15-20 cars come to us daily. Which we've got about two weeks worth of work right now and could stand 4-5 more people, but all the decent techs are already hired...

Adventure till you drop

Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang