Mustang Evolution Forum banner

MBRP catbacks

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  sticks123 
#1 ·
I am one click away from getting the mbrp catback system BUT I would really value anyones input that has the mbrp catback or axle back system. I it would be paired with a CAI and a SVE tune.

#2 ·
I just installed MBRP axle backs last Friday and they sounds very nice! They're not super loud. The have a nice rumble at start up and accelerating sounds good. But once you're in 6th gear cruising at 50-60 they're they're nice an quite. However I must say that I have a little bit of drone when driving at 70-80 mph. Which I thought there wouldn't be but I have a convertible so it's a little louder inside the cabin than a coupe. For the money I think they're good value and I'm very happy with them. Sticks123 has them too and I'm he'll give you his experience too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#4 ·
I have MBRP catback on my sixxer and I love them.
Very nice tone, but not raspy and crackling like some more aggressive systems. Even on highway with 3.55 gears it sounds nice. I dont really hear any drone, but I havent added headers yet..
Some people ask if it's a V8 when I start it up

#5 · (Edited)
I've had the budget version of the MBRP AB's on my car for almost a year. I really liked them when I first installed them and like them better now that they've had a chance to break-in. Also, the tips are a bolt on item and can be customized via a number of options. I had mine powder coated gloss black. Here are some before and afters.
Before

After

I also used rattle can grill black paint to paint the mufflers pre-install. It makes a nice looking package. At least IMHO, but I am biased.

#7 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

One side was stock tip other MBRP

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Legs are of my buddy doing the wrenching!! Lol

#13 ·
Vinny, let us know how these work out if you get them. I've had the same hesitations. I am terrified of dropping several hundred clams and end up with a raspy minibike sound. Good luck!

#17 ·
I'm the same way, there are way more execessively loud and raspy exhaust setups on the 3.7 than balanced deep ones. Want to make sure the axleback will still sound good with headers installed.

I know Borlas sound great but just no way I'm spending that much for pretty much no performance increase. So for now picking up other bolt ons until I'm more certain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.