Suspension Upgrade Install/Cost$$$ - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Here's a quote taken from the article I was reading on LCA's
"The angled LCA also causes a rougher ride."
Here's a link to the article if interested.
Google-Ergebnis für http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA%20_adj_files/image002.jpg
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Here's a quote taken from the article I was reading on LCA's
"The angled LCA also causes a rougher ride."
Here's a link to the article if interested.
Google-Ergebnis für http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA%20_adj_files/image002.jpg
This made me think of something. I am running an aftermarket 1 pc aluminum shaft. Ocassionally I hear some clunking at shift when high RPM's could this be those angles noted in the article?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
This made me think of something. I am running an aftermarket 1 pc aluminum shaft. Ocassionally I hear some clunking at shift when high RPM's could this be those angles noted in the article?
I don't have a clue!
Was going to hit Voltwings up with the question on that subject of different angle for 1 pc and 2 pc drive shafts.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
I don't have a clue!
Was going to hit Voltwings up with the question on that subject of different angle for 1 pc and 2 pc drive shafts.
LOL, reading through the link you had I THINK thats quite possible. I just ordered the relocation brackets though! and through in some caster camber plates to call it a day!
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

In my search I found this similar but slightly different article. It seems to talk more about the adjustments of the LCA's or the UCA, vs driveshaft type.
I'm real curious as to why the change in drive shafts has never brought up the subject of pinion angle.
cherod.com/mustang - LCAs
Old 04-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I don't have a clue!
You're asking the wrong guy haha, i had Kelly from BMR explain it to me once, but it went right over my head. I'll do my best to recap, but this was roughly a year ago, so i encourage everyone to do their own research still. I'll see if i can find the write up on SVT though, not sure what the rules here are for linking to other forums.

So i may have to talk myself through this a few times until all the pieces fall into place. I believe you'll need an angle finder to measure the output angle of the transmission flange, as well as the pinion flange.

For most purposes here, yall will likely want a difference of 2* between the two. So, lets say the Transmission has a negative ... 3.5* lets say, you'll want the pinion flange to be 2* lower than that. This basically means when driving normally, your pinion and transmission will be 2* difference from eachother, but that when you floor it, the weight and load shift back, resulting in closer to a 0* difference. You basically are sacrificing a little wear during daily driving to save a ton of wear when WOT.

I've personally never messed with it, but, assuming this isnt frowned upon here is an amazing link from Kelly at BMR.

Suspension Tech: Bring It!!

If i cant link forums, just search "suspension tech, bring it! svtperformance" on google and it will pull the thread up.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post

The lower you go from parallel, the more it will load the tires, if you go too aggressive, it is possible to overload the tires unless you've got some serious rubber on there.

As far as the axle sticking out, hard to say without really knowing whats going on. Do you have an adjustable panhard bar? I didnt have anything fancy on my rear suspension, but i cant recall ever getting that sensation. You're basically making it sound like the axle is moving independent of the body around a corner?

I'm running Michelin super sports 285s on all 4 corners, but I doubt they're as good as drag radials in terms of traction let's say if go lower on LCA bracket?

I'd say the rear end is slightly limpy. You're right its kinda hard to explain it in words lol let's say the feeling is more like when people are having sekx in a car at a parking lot? Its jumpy/wobbly like that lol. Not just around curves/ramps, but I did a quick u turn last night, same thing. Rear end seemed Topsy-turvy

I spoke to AM the other day, they said it could be the thrust angle and that I should alignment. Which I will, just waiting on n camber plates. I do have adjustable panhard bar. However, I doubt if a deviation in thrust angle is going to cause such a big goof up?
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Great link!
Good videos showing pinion angle and UCA in action.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I'm running Michelin super sports 285s on all 4 corners, but I doubt they're as good as drag radials in terms of traction let's say if go lower on LCA bracket?

I'd say the rear end is slightly limpy. You're right its kinda hard to explain it in words lol let's say the feeling is more like when people are having sekx in a car at a parking lot? Its jumpy/wobbly like that lol. Not just around curves/ramps, but I did a quick u turn last night, same thing. Rear end seemed Topsy-turvy

I spoke to AM the other day, they said it could be the thrust angle and that I should alignment. Which I will, just waiting on n camber plates. I do have adjustable panhard bar. However, I doubt if a deviation in thrust angle is going to cause such a big goof up?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BwIqMhACIAM9Qth.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	179657  
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang