Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Wheel refinishing

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  tym_v6 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new here to the forum - which by the way, has been amazing! I've got a 2014 Sterling gray premium V6. Recent mods have been white stripes, GT 19" wheels (couldn't stand the stock V6 wheels), and Rousch upper and lower grilles. I recently took my car to Discount Tire to have a wheel balance and rotate (at 5K) and specifically asked them to not scar the wheel when removing lugs. Well guess what? Yeah, I wasn't happy at all. They have been so kind as to agree to send them off for refinishing. Seeing as I've never had this done, will this be a problem or typically is it a process that looks good post repair? Thanks! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Shelby mustang
Auto part Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive wheel system Rim

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#4 ·
The dealer's managed to scar the paint for all of my lug nut holes. I just let that go because it's hard to see (and pales in comparison to the other damage done by the dealer).

I do have some curb rash on the clearcoated machined lip of one of my rims. Am actually looking into having that refinished right now.

#6 ·
One place I saw quotes $150-$200 to do a whole wheel, but since I have only small areas of rash, I'm getting quotes from other places. Hopefully less than $150-$200, since you can almost buy a new rim for that much!

#8 ·
The place here in Houston Discount Tire uses is near Humble and quoted $100.00-$150.00 per tire. I agree that the cost is a bit much, especially considering I got my 19's on EBay brand new take offs for $1,000 shipped. As soon as I make time to get them in, I'll update everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#11 ·
The place I contacted is quoting $125 to refinish the curb rash on the rim lip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.