Mustang Evolution Forum banner

17k for a used 2013 mustang - good deal or no?

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  black2013 
#1 ·
Friend wants to buy a used 2013 mustang with 43,000 miles on it.

Seller wants 17k, is this good, i thought the miles might be high for the year, but I dunno.

#6 ·
I bought my 2013 premium about 9 months ago for 17.5K

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

#7 ·
in april of 2014, i bought my 2014 premium with 6459 miles on it for $22k after all the taxes and fees and everything.

does this help? i have no idea. lol for me, what i paid was what i thought was a good deal compared to the other prices other places were giving me for similar stangs.

#8 ·
wow that is a good price

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

I bought my 2013 premium about 9 months ago for 17.5K

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!
How many miles did it have when you bought it?

#9 ·
I say if you get him in the 15 to 16k range you'll have got a good deal. Miles are a bit high for that price. If it was 30k I would say that's a solid price because you still have 6k of warranty left. After 36k the prices should dropped to reflect that fact.

Edit: I should also mention you should verify its a premium and/or post pictures here. We have had a few people looking at stangs that they were told were premiums, when they were in fact base models with the tech package.

Edit 2: I just re-read your post and you said it had leather interior so it is a premium model. lol

#13 ·
$15.2k for my premium pony package with 28k miles. But I know I stole it, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 · (Edited)
Well they are higher than average miles but that doesn't make it a bad car. Should work on the price a bit.
You mentioned 19" wheels. That would indicate that either the previous owner upgraded the wheels or it is equipped with the Performance Package. That would make it much more appealing in my opinion.
Get the vin number and look it up.
Edit: http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

I can't make out your avatar pic very well but it doesn't look like it's a perf pack.

#16 ·
Well they are higher than average miles but that doesn't make it a bad car. Should work on the price a bit.
You mentioned 19" wheels. That would indicate that either the previous owner upgraded the wheels or it is equipped with the Performance Package. That would make it much more appealing in my opinion.
Get the vin number and look it up.
Edit: Use your VIN number to get Ford Window Sticker

I can't make out your avatar pic very well but it doesn't look like it's a perf pack.
The pic shows 18" pony package wheels not 19". There is also a pony on the side.

#15 ·
Let me be the first to suggest spending a few thousand more for a 5.0 Lol.

Miles are within reason. I have 30k on mine and I bought new in 2013.

#17 ·
That's a lot of miles for that year lol. My 1996 gt has 70 xxx miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Just go for one with less milage or possibly new in my opinion. Unless he drops the price a bet.

#20 ·
lmao when i viewed mine, under optional equiptment this is all i see:

front license plate bracket - no charge
california emmissions - no charge
painted side mirrors - no charge

sad. hahah

#22 ·
I bought my 2014 Premium with the Pony Package for 22k and it had only 2600 miles on it. It is also a Certified Preowned. I felt that it was a good deal. I would shop around a little longer and find one with lower mileage. If you are 2nd guessing yourself then it probably isn't a good deal and you will be kicking yourself later. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.