Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Break in miles complete

884 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  FastFord19 
#1 ·
Shop I had the gears installed at quoted me 60.00 to drain break in gear oil and fill with synthetic ( I furnish it) ....sounds reasonable...recommended mobile 1. Feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
This was at Steeda? Did they tell you once the swap was done to come back around 500 miles?

#4 ·
No little shop in kankakee il "Gearmasters". He filled it with a break in oil and said after the 500 to bring it back he said he will drain it clean it out and refill with a synthetic of my choice. He recommended Mobil 1, but also acknowledged a lot of people use "royal purple". Mobil 1 is 10.99 a quart, need 3! So this trip will cost around a 100.00 with the oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#6 · (Edited)
Yeah its expensive, but at least it requires no friction modifier. Is it better than the rest to justify the price, maybe, maybe not. The shop i went to only uses RP for whatever reason, but when i asked about a gear oil change after 500kms he said not necessary. Its been over a year and no noise or problems knock on wood. I also use it in my mt82 for over 2 years.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.