Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Gears are in

2K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  sticks123 
#1 ·
I finally got my 3.73's done. I dropped it off on Monday and got it this afternoon, here's my impression so far....

After just a little driving I know I'm going to like these, a lot!! I have to go easy for the break in but I do know that it will launch a lot harder for sure. I finally have a usable 6 speed manual. All the gears will now be usable. Before I drove it like a 4 speed, I would put it in 5 or 6th gear and there was no power, now driving in 5th there is some power at the pedal.

I could see how some people wouldn't like these gears. If I had an automatic I don't think I would like them either. The RPM range is much higher and might make you a little crazy if you have an exhaust that drones. For the manual it's great. So far I really like the gear choice.

#3 · (Edited)
DID you end up doing any speedometer correction?

#16 ·
Just hit 500 on my swap today, already ordered the gear oil heading back to steeda this Saturday to do the change

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#25 ·
Invoice on my swap at Steeda shows Ford Motorcraft gear oil used, still going back this Wednesday to have them swap the motorcraft to 75w140 royal purple, if I would have done some research before, I would have just brought in the gear oil to begin with and have them use that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.