Mustang Evolution Forum banner

GT500 mufflers on a V6

8K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Fintile 
#1 ·
Since the weather is finally starting to get warmer after a VERY long winter, it's time to start modding again. :D First up: exhaust. I was going to get the Borla ATAK axlebacks but now I'm considering the GT500 mufflers. Does anyone else on here have them? And if so, how do they sound compared to the Borlas or anything else like it? I also love the quad tips the '13-'14 GT500 has, will those work with my 2012 V6?

#2 · (Edited)
I've heard it's hit or miss. I believe there was a post where someone did it successfully a long time ago but it was a long project.
You probably have to cut into your bumper for quad exhaust and and get a new rear valence. Personally I'd just go with the Ataks or s-types.

#6 ·
My bad, they both sound great. White do you have quad tips?

#7 ·
I had them on my 2011 V6; great sound.

However, they have become a more popular mod, and the price has gone up. I paid a hundred bucks for mine used.

#19 ·
+1. loving mine. at cruising speed nobody will know there's aftermarket exhaust. but yeah that thing is loud as hell. lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

#18 ·
Me personally I have heard the gt500 mufflers on a v6 in person, and i have roush Axle Backs on my 2011 v6. and they sound very similar. In my opinion the Roush axlebacks sound better. That would be cheaper, and a whole lot easier as well since it is a simple unbolt and bolt on the new ones process.

#26 ·
haha that's crazy. also, apparently ups trucks have borla exhaust, did you know that? lol i was browsing borlas site one day and saw that.

either way, anyone who got these for a good price, that's awesome.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.