Mustang Evolution Forum banner

OEM Clamps Too Big For Borla S-types

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  jayochs 
#1 ·
So I got a set of Borla S-types and installed them with no issue save for the OEM clamp on the passenger being too big to properly clamp onto the S-Type connection. No matter how I adjust it, a bump in the road pops in loose. The clamp is small enough to keep the axleback from completely disconnecting but it is by no means tight. Part Number is correct and the OEM Clamps worked on the Pype Bombs I previously had on the car. Has anyone else come across an issue like this? I was thinking a temp fix would be to wrap the connection in a heat resistant wrap to build it up enough for the clamp to be tight. Thoughts?

#3 ·
If anything, it's too small. I may be able to open it up a hair with the hydraulic pipe spreader we have. What's odd is that they're used and the guy I bought then off of didn't have this issue. I wonder if the clamp itself is deformed a bit because of the Pypes poor fitment. I did have to fight with them a bit when I initially installed the Pypes.

Sent from the Death Star.

#5 · (Edited)
Found one for the GT on Late Model. $40 for one clamp! Hope another site has the V6 clamp for a cheaper price than that

UPDATE: Jegs has the V6 clamp for 20

#7 ·
Yeah. Just started looking

#9 ·
Pulled the clamp off earlier to take a look at it. When fully closed, the two ends that the bolt goes through didn't sit flush with each other. I'm assuming it got that way because of the poor fitment of the Pypes I had on previously. Used a heavy duty set of pliers to careful bend them back so that they sit flush when the clamp is fully tightened. Put it back on and voila, the exhaust connection is nice and tight now.

#13 ·
yeah that's right, you were the one who told me to lol

btw, where the hell are pics of your car? i think i asked you like 4 months ago, and still have yet to see your car except your avatar. GET ON IT, SON.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.