Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Pre painted side scoops

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Mschrod 
#1 ·
What is the feedback of anyone who has purchased American Muscles scoops?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
I love mine, one actually flew off on the freeway with double stick tape so I glued them but it seems like I was the only one with that problem so I guess it was my mistake. Idk. But they look good

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

#3 ·
I have the side window covers and the Mustang shop I use was surprised how well AM matched the factory paint. However, I have seen other cars that were not a good match. I suspect that the problem was waiting too long to install and the factory paint had faded. If you prepare the mounting surface religiously according to the instructions, there should be no problems. Most problems are due to residual wax/dirt on the paint.

#5 ·
Are you asking about the side fender scoops or vent window? I had the Eleanor style on my 11 pre painted from AM, they matched perfect and were on there solid. Now I have the three slot style on my 14, same quality but I think the Eleanor style looks better.

#7 ·
What is the feedback of anyone who has purchased American Muscles scoops?
Mschrod - That's a good question and I've had a ton of our Pre-Painted Parts on my '08 and if you're looking for something really simple to have installed on your Vert and get some of that throw-back classic Mustang look they're definitely the way to go - I would check out MMD's Side Scoops like on the cars below -

They're incredibly easy to install and really make the car pop - Here's a few reviews as well!

Let me know if you have any questions on them at all, I've installed about 3 dozen of them around here and I can do them blindfolded at this point!

Alex

I love mine, one actually flew off on the freeway with double stick tape so I glued them but it seems like I was the only one with that problem so I guess it was my mistake. Idk. But they look good
Hey Chaz - Sorry to hear about that! Did we get you set up with a replacement on the "Flying Scoop" !? Let me know if there's something I can lend a hand with!

Alex

#8 ·
Mschrod - That's a good question and I've had a ton of our Pre-Painted Parts on my '08 and if you're looking for something really simple to have installed on your Vert and get some of that throw-back classic Mustang look they're definitely the way to go - I would check out MMD's Side Scoops like on the cars below -

They're incredibly easy to install and really make the car pop - Here's a few reviews as well!

Let me know if you have any questions on them at all, I've installed about 3 dozen of them around here and I can do them blindfolded at this point!

Alex

Hey Chaz - Sorry to hear about that! Did we get you set up with a replacement on the "Flying Scoop" !? Let me know if there's something I can lend a hand with!

Alex

No I drove back and luckily found it on the side of the freeway, got it repainted, and glued it on. Then my Mustang got totaled and I ripped them off and had them repainted again but in white to match my 2013 v6. These side scoops have been through a lot lol but all is good. I love them. Land vehicle Vehicle Car White Alloy wheel

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

#11 ·
I've got the MMD side scoops. They look spot on with the paint and we're dead simple to install. I already had the MMD hood scoop and factory louvers and they match nicely.

2014 Sterling Grey FP6 w/ Tech package
Current Mods: Gibson exhaust; MMD hood scoop and side scoops; Tinted head lights, tail lights and all reflectors.

#12 ·
here's a random question...on a car with actual functioning side scoops, what the hell does it do? cool the rear tires/brakes? and for that matter, what do the rear window scoops do?? were they always for design back on the original 60's mustangs?

#13 ·
The side scoops were for the brakes, there are also the front ones like on the Dodge Viper and many other performance cars. The window louvers I am not sure, maybe to cool down the interior since they did not have air conditioning in striped down cars? because the older ones were actually functioning and replaced the quarter window glass.

#14 ·
If it would ever stop raining, I might be able to get mine installed. For the last 2 weeks, rain every day except for the weekends. Humidity is terrible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.