Mustang Evolution Forum banner

How?????

874 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Diehard 
#1 ·
Guys, I just saw some YouTube videos on the borla exhausts for both the 3.7 mustang (s type) and the 2014 Scion TC (unknown borla). Why in the world is the scion so much deeper and more refined than that of the mustang's? BTW, I was wearing high quality headphones that almost accurately depicts the real sound.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#2 ·
Did the same person make both of the videos with the same camera? Could possible be camera quality. I've noticed a lot of videos are made from poor quality devices in which case your headphones really don't matter

Another possibility is did either car have more exhaust mods such as headers or cat deletes? That can affect sound as well

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
No, it was from different people. But I only listened to 2 scion TCS vs like 20 borla stingers on the v6 stang. One of the TCS only had the exhaust as a mod while the other had a CAI along the exhaust. Both sounded deeper and louder, but not as aggressive and gurgly.

#4 ·
Links to said videos? Was the same camera used? Are they both just the axlebacks? There are a lot of factors that can change the exhaust note in a video.

Sent from the Death Star.

#5 ·
No, they're different cameras, but the stingers in all the videos I watched didn't sound as deep. I guess the mustang ones were more throaty, but IMO less deep. Idk, maybe I'm high or something. Can you confirm?

2014 Scion tC borla exhaust: https://youtu.be/AzLoLEXD9Tw

2014 Mustang V6 Borla S-Type Exhaust Sound Clip: https://youtu.be/5OsUnbYAHyw

#10 ·
yeah, if he revved the hell out of it, it would sound just like every other ricer out there. the Mustang borlas are deep. cameras don't do it justice. if you Rev low like that guy did with the scion, it's much deeper sounding than the video. nice and throaty.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

#11 ·
Didn't notice any reference to which Borla muffler the Scion had.
Altogether different resonators.
4 vs. 6.
Can't compare!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.