New Tidalwave Supercharger is now available - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2015, 12:48 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
the base tunes that are sent to you are ment to get you to a dyno... thats it Jimc blew his motor with a BBR base tune from the hellion kit

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2015, 01:30 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I definitely want to see what longevity of these kits are, and what the effect on longevity of engines is like in the long term. However I love this idea and that's a lot of power for our "V6" mustang
PonyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'd like to see some installed pictures... will be going FI soon! I have noticed the Procharger is noisy , not that loud is bad, but it sounds like there's a spare nut going around in there at idle! Is the Vortech V3 better in that regard??
Ppkonablue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Any install pics...
Ppkonablue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:23 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Any installs yet? I see it's finally listed on the website. At 4300 and a good list of parts not a bad deal. 2500 to 2600 for a v3 super charger by itself.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-21-2015, 11:57 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm interested as well

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Old 07-22-2015, 12:14 AM   #42
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
So at $4300 what else is required besides install and tune?

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:19 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallengineguy View Post
Any installs yet? I see it's finally listed on the website. At 4300 and a good list of parts not a bad deal. 2500 to 2600 for a v3 super charger by itself.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
The guy that had the fastest NA 3.7 just went to this setup. He was running 12.3 NA and put up an 11.3@121 on the 8psi setup. He just swapped to the 10psi pulley & put down 460whp I believe but no times. There's a few other folks as well, probably a half dozen or so cars out there running it. Just no one here.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Maybe if we get enough people, we can get a group pricing!

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-22-2015, 07:54 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

That's not a bad trap speed, car seems to move out ok.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I applaud them on getting actual results out quickly.
No ****ty street racing videos or wild hp/tq claims.

It sounds fantastic!
Hasan approves of this product

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
I applaud them on getting actual results out quickly.
No ****ty street racing videos or wild hp/tq claims.

It sounds fantastic!
Hasan approves of this product

You mean that's not a valid form of accurate comparison?
Old 07-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
You mean that's not a valid form of accurate comparison?
Depends on how good/bad your "marketing" department is

alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
the base tunes that are sent to you are ment to get you to a dyno... thats it Jimc blew his motor with a BBR base tune from the hellion kit
Actually that wasn't the problem - while the initial tune was not even drivable (couldn't have driven the car to the dyno on that tune even), it was after 2 weeks of data logging that the car blew up. Combination of a bad tune running a little lean at WOT and overboosting by the waste gate not opening at 5 lbs like it should. BBR did a horrible job on tuning with data logging, not at all as complete as MPT has done; unfortunately the waste gate problem wasn't detected until the first time we had a tune to go all the way to red line and the waste gate failure caused it to hit over 10lbs on the 5 lb spring. It didn't run lean and the tune looked fine though (had the data log running when it happened).

Swapped waste gate for a new one though and it still overboosts, so Hellion is having me take the spring out and do a pull to see if it is bad springs or if there is some other mechanical issue causing the overboost.

If done right the base tune on a boosted application can be fine - I had the Xcharger on my 2006 and ran that over 100,000 miles on the supplied tune.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #50

Region: Virginia
My two cents

Hello all,

I'm a brand new member here but have been a reader of the forum for some time. I had been considering adding either a supercharger or turbo to my mustang for quite a while. I kept going back and forth as to which method to go with, but settled on a supercharger. I had test driven a car nearly identical to mine with a PC brand unit and was impressed with the power, but was not a fan of the gear noise the unit made. I was told it had the helical cut gear, but I have no way of knowing for sure. After reading this thread I learned of the Tidalwave kit and was pleased to learn the builder was no more than 60 miles from me. I contacted Tim and after visiting him and the shop that does the tuning I decided to go with his setup. He told me the Vortech unit gear noise would be less than the other manufacture and it is. I was lucky enough to get the promotional pricing and since I already have an SCT tuner the cost was even better. I had them install it as I did not have the time and garage space to work on it myself. I haven't put many miles on the car since getting it back as I work away a lot and don't use it there, but I can say it runs great and has plenty of power. For what it’s worth, I am in no way getting anything out of this write up. I simply wanted to pass on my experience with this shop's setup since I did first learn about it here. I will add a video link of my car as it was being tuned. The final tuning run gave it 427.5 WHP.

My car:
chiefgary98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:59 PM   #51
Kevin.Cook

I like that kit more as the positioning of the hardware makes it clear more easy. The procharger placement is CRAMPED. But with the price I am getting on it, makes it hard, if not impossible to pass up.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #52

Region: Massachusetts
Don't buy a Tidalwave Supercharger

This post is for anyone who is considering buying a Supercharger from Tidalwave Supercharger (which is located in Virginia. DON'T DO IT!!! I made the mistake of buying one from them and none of the pipes supplied fit. I have to have all custom pipes made to make this installation work. Take my advice and stay far away from Tidalwave Superchargers LLC.
Another issue with the Supercharger kit I purchased from Tidalwave Supercharger LLC (Tim Arnold). The fuel injectors supplied with the kit were not only USED but 2 of them don't even work!!! I can't believe I paid over $5G's for this piece of Crap!!

DO Yourself a favor and find another Supercharger for your car. Oh, I almost forgot! I've attached the current status of the business according to Virginia's State Corporation Commission. If you can't read it, it states that the status is "Cancelled".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TW.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	228962  
Brad2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Just for the sake of having a detailed account, can you please provide examples of how / why the supplied pipes do not fit (pics?) and how you determined the fuel injectors do not work.

I dont want it to sound like i dont believe you, but the more information the better in circumstances like this.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'm going with Procharger ONLY.

LG G4
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:46 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I'm going with Procharger ONLY.

LG G4
I'm with you brother These people have been out for a couple years and I haven't heard much about them . If I ever do go with a supercharger it will be a Procharger
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:38 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
To the poster that had issues with it, did they fix it right away? If a company can stand by their product and rectify any problem right away, it's all ok to me. Tidalwave is pretty popular with the Dodge v6's and I've yet to see any major issues from them. As I understand it, their local installer here is DTP Racing of Chesapeake VA, the shop has been around for 15 years and has a stellar reputation as a dyno tuner and turning out some sick performing cars. I may be giving TWS and DTP Racing a call sometime soon.
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
II actually just got the Okay from the wife last night to go ahead with plans to supercharge, looks like this fall it will be ordered and while it stored for the winter the surgery will begin! Its Procharger for me.

LG G4
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:10 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
II actually just got the Okay from the wife last night to go ahead with plans to supercharge, looks like this fall it will be ordered and while it stored for the winter the surgery will begin! Its Procharger for me.

LG G4
Lucky you
We all have to wait to get permission from our wives
I'm still waiting
She told me, "we'll have to wait and see how much money she gets offered for her hit and run wreck she had".
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #59
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I can get money for doing a hit and run?

plz excuse typos..sxtng n drving
Old 05-01-2017, 01:00 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I can get money for doing a hit and run?

plz excuse typos..sxtng n drving
No, she got a hit and run done to her Some people saw the guy hit my wife in the rear at a red light and saw him leave. They chased him down and took a picture of his license plate. They came back to my wife and the cop and gave them copies of the picture. My wife gave a copy of the picture to our insurance company.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:38 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

I'll toss in my $0.02 since this has been brought back from the dead.

One thing I consider is the warranty and company history. Procharger is a reputable company that offers a warranty on their parts, and they have been around for a while. Assuming the failure is their fault, they SHOULD fix it. It's in their best interest to. So given that, you're much more likely to get support if you need it 1-2 years down the road versus going with a smaller shop that just recently started doing this. No offense to JMP or Tidalwave implied, just stating that Procharger has the reputation and capital to support their products long term. It's a benefit of being an established company with a reputation.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugeismo View Post
I'll toss in my $0.02 since this has been brought back from the dead.

One thing I consider is the warranty and company history. Procharger is a reputable company that offers a warranty on their parts, and they have been around for a while. Assuming the failure is their fault, they SHOULD fix it. It's in their best interest to. So given that, you're much more likely to get support if you need it 1-2 years down the road versus going with a smaller shop that just recently started doing this. No offense to JMP or Tidalwave implied, just stating that Procharger has the reputation and capital to support their products long term. It's a benefit of being an established company with a reputation.

Agree.
I just found an authorized Procharger dealer "9 miles" from my house, and they do "dyno" tuning. When and 'if' I go with a supercharger, I'll be going with them.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Agree.
I just found an authorized Procharger dealer "9 miles" from my house, and they do "dyno" tuning. When and 'if' I go with a supercharger, I'll be going with them.
I'd consider going with an MPT supercharge tune and then dyno to datalog and have them dial it in fully.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang