Stuttering issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
Stuttering issues

Recently I had the very unpleasant experience of getting into some deep water in my stang. It looked be about 2/5 of the way up my wheel before I backed out, could have been deeper (flash flood). I got out asap and everything seemed fine. No engine issues or anything. However, I now get this weird stutter when I take off in first gear. It only happens when taking off (notmally) in first. My car is a 6sp manual and I am on SR Performance lowering springs (1.5" drop). Can anyone point me in the right direction before I go to ford?

Sent from my XT1064 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2015, 08:32 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

It doesn't really happen if I rev a little higher and let out faster though.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Theres a lot of sensors down low in the engine bay. My initial guess would be the crankshaft position sensor, but if you're not getting and CELs, its possible nothing is really "wrong," you just need to let things air out a bit. How long has it been doing this?
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Just two days now. It doesn't seem to serious but I want to be safe.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Id be willing to bet you take it to ford and sit around the better part of a day only for them to tell you they couldn't find anything wrong. I agree it probably needs some time to dry out. You might also have some water in the mufflers or something like that. That could be causing some back pressure changes the computer is maybe trying to compensate for? idK but I'd wait a few days as mentioned
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Could also do a reset of the ECU...maaaaybe that might help adjust it a bit?
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:48 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Could a couple back road shakedowns help?

Old 04-19-2015, 05:02 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
The Clutch disc got wet

You say it only happens if taking off slow. I'm guessing the clutch disc got wet. It will probably be OK and better in a short while if you drive around a lot.
If it was a sensor it would throw a check engine light and give a code.
Go to Auto-Zone or Discount Auto Parts and get the computer checked for a code. It is a free service they provide.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:54 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Well she isn't throwing any codes, so I went to my special back roads and had some fun, cooled down, and things seem better for now. The issue did seem to fade as the car warmed up yesterday as well. I'll give it another day and post my observations.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
FYI, when i first got mine, i had that crankshaft position code or whatever coming up...thing is, i would have never known if i didn't plug in my OBD2 reader and check out the codes on my new app i got on my phone. it didn't throw a check engine light.

now i didn't notice any driving issues, but i read online, and people said a few 0-60 runs a certain way will make the code go away..and it did. i don't remember the exact way to do it, but i did what i read online, and it's been gone ever since..it apparently just needs to calibrate itself.

so yeah, dunno if that helps though.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I think you will be fine

A little water got into the bell housing , Probably through a breather. There is no drain hole on the bottom so the moisture will be with you until it all burns out as steam or vapor.
This occasionally happens to off road vehicles when going through water. I once had a jeep that I drove through a stream. It cleared up in about a week.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:14 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Thanks for all the information guys. It makes me feel a lot better that I didn't mess my baby up too much. It feels a lot better after doing some fun pulls out on our country roads.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang