Road trip to florida from mass - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Road trip to florida from mass

Hey guys since owning my car for about 2 years now and being tuned with 93 octane since I bought it, I'm little worried that on the way to florida I won't find any 93 octane gas station by the way I'll be passing by new York, Delaware, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, and some other states that I miss mentioning. Do you guys think Il find one on the way there? Or what state that doesn't have one that I have to skip to and hoping won't run out of gas or should I just stay with stock tune but never used it for almost 2 years now I'm afraid that ill get stock somewhere. Thanks for any input..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Hey guys since owning my car for about 2 years now and being tuned with 93 octane since I bought it, I'm little worried that on the way to florida I won't find any 93 octane gas station by the way I'll be passing by new York, Delaware, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, and some other states that I miss mentioning. Do you guys think Il find one on the way there? Or what state that doesn't have one that I have to skip to and hoping won't run out of gas or should I just stay with stock tune but never used it for almost 2 years now I'm afraid that ill get stock somewhere. Thanks for any input..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Just get a 91 octane tune and run that
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Just get a 91 octane tune and run that
I only have 93 octane tune from Mpt, I have my steeda 91 but don't really like how it drives specially on a long trip. I'm thinking about getting a 91 octane Mpt but if there is 93 on the way there why should I get another one specially I'm only gonna use this for this trip only and going back to 93 when I get home it will just be a waste and my 93 Mpt is really dialed in and very happy with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I would like to get any opinion on guys that travelled this way thru Florida if any state I should look out for that doesn't have 93 gas.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...cross-usa.html
Look through that a bit
Old 04-20-2015, 08:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks so much man, you save me 70 bucks.. It seems like only CA and Oregon are the only state that only has 91 Oct and every state mentioned are all 93. Nice..... This is my second trip to florida but never really payed attention last time since I brought my wife's car. Only reason why I'm bringing my stang cos of my cousin he wants to see my stang compared to his 2015 wrx.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Thanks so much man, you save me 70 bucks.. It seems like only CA and Oregon are the only state that only has 91 Oct and every state mentioned are all 93. Nice..... This is my second trip to florida but never really payed attention last time since I brought my wife's car. Only reason why I'm bringing my stang cos of my cousin he wants to see my stang compared to his 2015 wrx.

I can't find 93 anywhere in Washington lol, have a safe trip!

My boss has two brothers and they both have 2015 sti anniversary additions and they both like his mustang better lol
Old 04-20-2015, 08:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can't find 93 anywhere in Washington lol, have a safe trip!

My boss has two brothers and they both have 2015 sti anniversary additions and they both like his mustang better lol
I dont think I'll pass by Washington I believe, if I do I'll make sure I'll fill up in Maryland or one state before that.. Thanks.

Yeah I keep telling him to get the mustang but his hard headed and got influenced with all his friends that has vtec Hondas.. Oh well he might traded it in after he sees my car. I wonder who is faster though 😉

Old 04-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I dont think I'll pass by Washington I believe, if I do I'll make sure I'll fill up in Maryland or one state before that.. Thanks.

Yeah I keep telling him to get the mustang but his hard headed and got influenced with all his friends that has vtec Hondas.. Oh well he might traded it in after he sees my car. I wonder who is faster though 😉

Sorry I live in Washington State lol. I think you will be fine, there was also a link partially down that thread that had a lot of locations
Old 04-20-2015, 08:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry I live in Washington State lol. I think you will be fine, there was also a link partially down that thread that had a lot of locations
Thanks man I will read through it more... Appreciate it.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
93 everywhere in VA. What date are you planning on making the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Carry a few cans of octane booster with you for emergencies.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
93 everywhere in VA. What date are you planning on making the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
May 23 Memorial day weekend my friend..

Old 04-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Carry a few cans of octane booster with you emergencies.
How much bump will it make? If I put in 91 just in case?

Old 04-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How much bump will it make? If I put in 91 just in case?

I have absolutely no idea! Just a thought that came to me.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
May 23 Memorial day weekend my friend..

Aww. If you were coming down a week before or after, I would have suggested stopping by Richmond, VA on your way. There's a great Cars & Coffee on every 2nd Saturday morning!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I have absolutely no idea! Just a thought that came to me.
Oh okay I'll look into it more.. Thanks man.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:23 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Aww. If you were coming down a week before or after, I would have suggested stopping by Richmond, VA on your way. There's a great Cars & Coffee on every 2nd Saturday morning!
I'll have my wife with me so will see how it goes but I think we are fixed with the date.. You're neighbors with smurf?

Old 04-20-2015, 09:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll have my wife with me so will see how it goes but I think we are fixed with the date.. You're neighbors with smurf?

Yea. He's usually there when he's not out filming.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea. He's usually there when he's not out filming.
Nice dude.. But your car is way better than him.. I'll keep you posted when my date changed.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:19 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
SC has plenty of 93 octane fuel.

Jeremy
Old 04-21-2015, 05:29 AM   #22
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I've driven a buddies older WRX.....nice cars. It seems a drivers race in speed but has better "feel" than the Stang. If they were priced at a V6 match point it would be a difficult choice. But they price out to a V8.

I'm gonna guess there is no delaying your start for a day
Old 04-21-2015, 06:02 AM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Florida
Here in fl you won't have any issue lol
Jon3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:30 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Appreciate your input guys, I am more confident now driving with my 93 tune all the way..

Old 04-21-2015, 06:34 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I've driven a buddies older WRX.....nice cars. It seems a drivers race in speed but has better "feel" than the Stang. If they were priced at a V6 match point it would be a difficult choice. But they price out to a V8.

I'm gonna guess there is no delaying your start for a day
Hey mud, Iv never driven a wrx before but my cousin swears by it, he will let me drive it when I get there so we will see, honestly it looks really nice though and oh it is tuned by Cobb which I have no idea and upgraded his downpipe..

FYI I'm still dissapointed that I couldn't make it to the cruise this year man.. Is there any dry run the week before or something lol..

Old 04-21-2015, 06:35 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I live in North Georgia and I've never been to a gas station that doesn't have 93 octane.

2013 Black Mustang 3.7, Pony package, cold weather package, Borla Ataks
austin3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:37 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin3.7 View Post
I live in North Georgia and I've never been to a gas station that doesn't have 93 octane.

2013 Black Mustang 3.7, Pony package, cold weather package, Borla Ataks
Thanks, its going to be a fun road trip, iv never driven my stang this far yet, the furthest it's been was in Canada which is only 9 hours away.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
93 Octane at every gas station in the South. When I had my HHR SS I drove to Pennsylvania from Alabama on a 93 tune for a Steelers game and had no problem what so ever finding 93 Octane gas.

Now E85 would be a whole other story. It's scattered throughout the State here.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I don't believe there is a state on the east coast you can't get 93. You're good to go!

Besides if for some reason you did need to put 91 in somewhere, the computer is smart enough to adjust timing and keep everything safe.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Myrtle Beach is full of good shell or sunoco gas stations just stay away from Sunhouse chain in SC

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
oakleyxjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
I don't believe there is a state on the east coast you can't get 93. You're good to go!

Besides if for some reason you did need to put 91 in somewhere, the computer is smart enough to adjust timing and keep everything safe.
This is what I was thinking. I just wouldn't push the car real hard until I ran 90% of the 91 out and filled again with 93.
2014SGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014SGM View Post
This is what I was thinking. I just wouldn't push the car real hard until I ran 90% of the 91 out and filled again with 93.
Yup but I'm tuned for 93 I wouldn't risk it, but as far as the guys here have said there is 93 everywhere so I should be all set..

Old 04-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
And if you're that worried, take some octane booster just in case like was suggested earlier. You just never know.
2014SGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014SGM View Post
And if you're that worried, take some octane booster just in case like was suggested earlier. You just never know.
Yup definitely...
Old 04-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #35

Region: Delaware
Send a message via AIM to zflyer2
I live in De and we have 93oct fuel but you have to look for it, all stations have 92 oct however!
zflyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
florida