Credit... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Credit...

Paypal just gave me a line of credit ... RIP my Money... What to buy first? my mustang is 100% stock as of right now.
Scott2byrd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2byrd3 View Post
Paypal just gave me a line of credit ... RIP my Money... What to buy first? my mustang is 100% stock as of right now.
How much credit did you get? I would get gears and mpt tune

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
stanglife305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Don't buy anything on credit that you can't afford to pay off right away - and, instead of using Paypal credit, use a credit card where you get a percentage back and pay it off at the end of every month. It's free money.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I can afford it i just rather finance something and make my credit go up a little bit rather then debit the parts.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, what I said was no fun any way. Have at it. What stanglife said was good - gears and tune.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If the line of credit isn't 0% APR, don't waste your time and money using it. If it is 0% APR, go nuts and calculated the minimum payment you'd need to make a month to pay off the balance before the end of the 0% APR offer. That's how I do all my bigger purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It is 0%
Old 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
If you don't pay it off within a certain time they turn around and rape you with a 29% Apr for every month before that time too

Sent from my XT1064 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I would avoid PayPal credit and get an actual card preferably through your bank

Sent from my XT1064 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:18 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
The good thing about Paypal is if you spend over 99.00 you get 6months no interest or payments....I like that option.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I am thinking about getting MAGNAFLOW RACE SERIES AXLE-BACK EXHAUST

Magnaflow Race Series Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust 15596 (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping

what are your guys thoughts?
Old 04-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #11
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I am thinking about getting MAGNAFLOW RACE SERIES AXLE-BACK EXHAUST

Magnaflow Race Series Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust 15596 (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping

what are your guys thoughts?
Scott - I personally think that the Race Series is a little too on the raspy side and will get annoying really fast - These are just my .02 but for that kind of money it could be spent paying some bills! For what it's worth any type of exhaust you're going to throw on these cars it should have a chambered setup so it wont drive you nuts on a 45 minute drive or longer! Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're to have any other questions or need any help at all, I'm always around!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

I disagree with what everyone is saying about credit. I don't know how old you are but credit is very important. In life an excellent credit history will get you far. I have a son who is 20 and in the Navy, its very easy for him to get credit and I tell him to. Running away and hiding from credit cards isn't the best advice. What you need to do is get a good, no excellent credit history. Learn how to use credit by keeping things manageable. Don't get a 10,000 card and max it out in 2 days. Spend 500.00 -1000.00, make about 6 payments and then pay it off. Do this with 3 or 4 cards over the course of any given time period and you'll have an excellent credit history. The important thing is to make some payments. This will get your credit score up there.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I disagree with what everyone is saying about credit. I don't know how old you are but credit is very important. In life an excellent credit history will get you far. I have a son who is 20 and in the Navy, its very easy for him to get credit and I tell him to. Running away and hiding from credit cards isn't the best advice. What you need to do is get a good, no excellent credit history. Learn how to use credit by keeping things manageable. Don't get a 10,000 card and max it out in 2 days. Spend 500.00 -1000.00, make about 6 payments and then pay it off. Do this with 3 or 4 cards over the course of any given time period and you'll have an excellent credit history. The important thing is to make some payments. This will get your credit score up there.
I'm 20 and this is what I did. My score is sitting around 700 and should go up once a credit limit increase of 1200 is reported and two 0 balances are reported.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I get discounts on my insurance because of my credit score. Last time I rented an apartment it was a rather exclusive place and they wouldn't let you rent unless your score was at least 700. A lot of employers are looking at credit scores for hiring now. Since my score has gone over 800 I can get really low interest rate loans if I want them. A great deal of life is dependent on a good credit score these days.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I am at 800, I only have a best buy card and a $5k credit account(no card just an account I can pull money from if needed). I always pay all my stuff ahead of schedule and never pay minimums. I finance/trade a new car about every 1-2 years. I have also bought and sold a house. I'm 35 now and 10 years ago I was barely a 600 score. You don't need a lot of credit for a good score. Just spend on the credit you have, and always pay it off ASAP. Never look at what the minimums are, look at how much you can afford to pay back to get it paid off ASAP and repeat.

Speaking of... I just passed the 1 year mark on my mustang, time to shop. Muahaha.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:17 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
I am at 800, I only have a best buy card and a $5k credit account(no card just an account I can pull money from if needed). I always pay all my stuff ahead of schedule and never pay minimums. I finance/trade a new car about every 1-2 years. I have also bought and sold a house. I'm 35 now and 10 years ago I was barely a 600 score. You don't need a lot of credit for a good score. Just spend on the credit you have, and always pay it off ASAP. Never look at what the minimums are, look at how much you can afford to pay back to get it paid off ASAP and repeat.

Speaking of... I just passed the 1 year mark on my mustang, time to shop. Muahaha.
Actually this isn't quite accurate. You don't want to pay off too quickly. You need to show good payment history. I worked for a company that did a lot of credit repair and I learned a lot. The other big factor is that you never want to go over 35% of your balance for long periods of time. Building good credit takes time and patience, but once you get there try like hell to maintain it, even one or two late payments could be the difference...
Old 04-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

So i have been siting here looking i still don't know what to buy >.> LOL, thinking bama X4 tuner
Old 04-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I give it 6 months and the car is reposessed

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
First My car is paid off... Second I have a very nice job as a IT Admin and I get paid rather well. If I want to pay the stuff off right away I would do so. But I would rather build my credit history.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:57 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I never charge anything I don't have the money up front for. Just how I was taught to do things. I would hate for something to happen to where the money I don't have goes to something important and then I can't make my payment on a tuner or other performance part. When I get my 400$ cash then I'm going to buy my tuner but I have other stuff to pay off for now.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Gears and a tune is where you should start if you are looking for performance.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:54 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know I'm new around here, but that seems unnecessarily harsh, especially coming from a 'staff member'.
Mustang No.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:12 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang No.7 View Post
I know I'm new around here, but that seems unnecessarily harsh, especially coming from a 'staff member'.

Lolololol

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 04-27-2015, 05:07 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
Lolololol
If the joke's on me, hey, I prefaced my statement by expressing my rookie status here. But judging from the OPs response, he didn't catch the humor either. And I have had the misfortune of being on at least one other forum where posters were apt to make statements like that and mean it.
Mustang No.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:51 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
i've bought a ton of parts on credit... not the smartest thing to do because you dig yourself into a hole thats hard to get out of... Thank god for overtime..

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:51 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If the joke's on me, hey, I prefaced my statement by expressing my rookie status here. But judging from the OPs response, he didn't catch the humor either. And I have had the misfortune of being on at least one other forum where posters were apt to make statements like that and mean it.

Yeah we are all just playing around man. It's a good forum and welcome if you haven't already been. Some really smart people on here that will help you with the dumbest/simplest questions or even the most complex ones. We tend to **** talk eachother lol but it's all fun. Let me know if you need anything!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:11 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

If I did not know how to take a joke I would not be on any forums lol let alone a car one.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #28
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
If I did not know how to take a joke I would not be on any forums lol let alone a car one.

In that case, maybe see if Procharger takes PayPal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:45 PM   #29
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Not being harsh, just honest. The mentality of buying whatever because you don't have to pay right away is what caused the stock market crash and the Great Depression.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 04-27-2015, 11:48 PM   #30
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Be careful, and spend wisely. Try to pay off your cards monthly, but do spend
Old 04-28-2015, 05:39 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Not being harsh, just honest. The mentality of buying whatever because you don't have to pay right away is what caused the stock market crash and the Great Depression.

Lol, you realize that most purchases (homes, cars even college and university fees) are not paid out right cash and are on "credit/loans". In sure a few hundred dollars on car parts won't cause a great depression.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:51 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Paying for stuff with cash in full is considered bad investing anyways. As long as you're responsible, you always want to borrow if you can earn a higher return than you're paying for that borrowed money elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:56 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

what are you guys thoughts on this set of axlebacks?

Roush Axle-Back Mustang Exhaust 421145 (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping
Old 04-28-2015, 09:46 AM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
Honestly If I was to spend the money on a good set of axlebacks I would go Borla's either touring, if you like it quiet but still some aggression, or S-Type aka Stingers, if you want it louder but not obnoxiously so. The ataks are just a little too much for my taste. I hate to say this but, get a good pair of headphones and listen to some of the exhaust videos of the different exhausts of the people actually driving around, normally it will give you a good idea of how the car will sound from accelerating to just cruising around. But of course that will never beat hearing it in person, should you get the chance.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:05 AM   #35
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Credit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Lol, you realize that most purchases (homes, cars even college and university fees) are not paid out right cash and are on "credit/loans". In sure a few hundred dollars on car parts won't cause a great depression.

Sent from LG G3.

I have nothing against actual credit cards, you misunderstood what I said.

It's when people think "oh I don't have to pay for this right away, let me go buy a ton more stuff"

That mentality in someone will get worse and worse, that's why you see a lot of people with debt and bad credit scores nowadays.

HID end all thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang