Am I the only one who loves my solid axle? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2015, 08:25 AM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Oklahoma
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
It is amazing how many people do not understand that simple concept. I seem to have to explain it to some guy in an EVO every few events. Guess who does not return (I guess losing to a V6 Mustang is hard on the ego)...
HAHA! Same thing happen to me! I went to the drags first time and beat a EVO he ran 13.5 and I got 13.3 and he was pissed! He was looking under my car and around it. His friend came up and asked what engine my car was and I said, "3.7 v6". He was like what?! Manual or Auto? I said, "Its an auto". He told the Evo owner and all I heard was, " Man you just got beat by a automatic v6 mustang!". It was a great night..,

13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:28 AM   #37
Registered Member
Region: California
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Thats not true at all, having raced SRA and IRS cars. Also lol ... most tracks are not in the "best" of shape unless they're like <10 years old.

This, or at least one main benefit.

Not true either, the new track pack GT is over 2 seconds faster than the outgoing boss 302 around a track. The new chassis is an animal on track, it takes a fully prepped S197 to match a mild build S550. There's no comparison.

The mustang is / was very good on track, don't get me wrong, i loved it an had a ton of fun. However, there is no replacement for a proper IRS set up when it comes to powering out of a corner. It also does make a MASSIVE difference in comfort on the street. Its not something i ever noticed until i started driving a good IRS car though.
I should have prefaced my statement by saying that I live in CA and that we have some of the worst roads in the United States.
Comparatively, the racing surfaces are in excellent condition!

straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang