Are LCA worth it on a V6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Are LCA worth it on a V6?

Recently I added a 73mm TB to my V6. Definite increase in power. Hard shifts to second fishtail car far more than before. I'm looking at some BMR Lower Control Arms and reading opinions that are all over the place. Is this a worthwhile upgrade, LCA?
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2015, 08:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I think they would definitely be for a manual car. My wheel hopped like crazy at the track.

Jeremy
Old 04-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ponie, From the look of it you're a performance pck MCA car. You should already have upgraded LCA's along with much better suspension. I've been wondering how good the performance pck actually is... do we need to upgrade it??
Ppkonablue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Id say for daily use with the occasional trip to the track NO. Its built pretty decently as is and any upgrades with said use would not have much of an impact. However if you intend to compete in Bracket racing or do some heavy engine mods like F/I or such then it would be recommended that you upgrade the suspension. This is just my .02
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
at $140 for the BMR ones I think it's worth it. Made my PP handle and launch better from stop and I rarely go to the track.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppkonablue12 View Post
Ponie, From the look of it you're a performance pck MCA car. You should already have upgraded LCA's along with much better suspension. I've been wondering how good the performance pck actually is... do we need to upgrade it??
Like I said, mine wheel hops bad at the track. For daily use, no upgrade is needed. But, if you frequent the track, an upgrade may help.

Jeremy
Old 04-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If you're going to the track, grab the BMR ones. They certainly will not hurt. Combine them with an adjustable upper control arm and mount,you will certaintly see a difference in your time

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
From BMR's Ebay store:
BMR Suspension TCA032 Lower Control Arms Rear Non Adjustable Poly Bushings | eBay

$89.95 shipped to your door. No reason to not upgrade to better LCA's, tightens up the rear plus traction for days. I installed these, along with an aluminum DS when I went to 3.55's. No wheel hop, let out the clutch, press the gas and it just digs in and goes.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
From BMR's Ebay store:
BMR Suspension TCA032 Lower Control Arms Rear Non Adjustable Poly Bushings | eBay

$89.95 shipped to your door. No reason to not upgrade to better LCA's, tightens up the rear plus traction for days. I installed these, along with an aluminum DS when I went to 3.55's. No wheel hop, let out the clutch, press the gas and it just digs in and goes.
These are legit. Shunc01 has them installed and its a big difference on his Auto.
Im going to be upgrading to these soon. Going to install Adj. Pan Hard bar, RTR lowering springs and these BMR LCAs once everything is said and done I should be able to grip much better than I do. Its a PITA losing traction halfway through first and 2nd every time you want to take off.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I wish I had the performance pack. The FP6 was last year's appearance package that wouldn't allow PP upgrade. Trying to layer the handling items in one at a time.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 04-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
From BMR's Ebay store:

Thanks for the link bro I just bought some right now haha

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:10 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Ended up going with these: BMR Mustang Pair Non-DOM Rear LCA with Poly Bushings 2005-2014

I figure a hundred clams, I can't go but so wrong. WIll update on how they do. Thanks for the input all.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:35 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
one of my favorite mods

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:14 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm having mine installed with Koni sport struts & shocks & J&M cc plates. BMR is a good company.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Ended up going with these: BMR Mustang Pair Non-DOM Rear LCA with Poly Bushings 2005-2014

I figure a hundred clams, I can't go but so wrong. WIll update on how they do. Thanks for the input all.

Not to be a dick incase you bought them way before I posted the link above... but you are aware those are exactly the same ones I linked to from BMR directly... but $10 more?
Old 04-27-2015, 11:16 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I will be doing all three rear control arms on my car this year. There is less for me to gain from the rears than there was from the fronts (those bushings were causing false ABS trips on R-comps when the arm would slop around during braking). The biggest benefit for me in the rears will be 1) fixing the 0.1 degree thrust angle on the axle, and 2) going to a floating, high durometer poly bushing for all six on the back (don't want to do delrin, and introduce bind, since I am not allowed to use a Heim joint on one end, or any other metallic bushing).

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Not to be a dick incase you bought them way before I posted the link above... but you are aware those are exactly the same ones I linked to from BMR directly... but $10 more?
Not at all Marius. BMR isn't free shipping, CJ was. Worked out to be $5 cheaper. Thanks for the link though. You got my mind right on this. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
I will be doing all three rear control arms on my car this year. There is less for me to gain from the rears than there was from the fronts (those bushings were causing false ABS trips on R-comps when the arm would slop around during braking). The biggest benefit for me in the rears will be 1) fixing the 0.1 degree thrust angle on the axle, and 2) going to a floating, high durometer poly bushing for all six on the back (don't want to do delrin, and introduce bind, since I am not allowed to use a Heim joint on one end, or any other metallic bushing).
What????
Old 04-27-2015, 05:24 PM   #19
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Marius, you were absolutely right. I was so tied up looking at the BMR website I didn't notice your link was BMR on ebay from BMR. Should have clicked and saved with your link. Sorry brother and thanks for the link for next time. (UCA!)
Old 04-28-2015, 06:04 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
These are legit. Shunc01 has them installed and its a big difference on his Auto.
Im going to be upgrading to these soon. Going to install Adj. Pan Hard bar, RTR lowering springs and these BMR LCAs once everything is said and done I should be able to grip much better than I do. Its a PITA losing traction halfway through first and 2nd every time you want to take off.
Fintile are you staying with stock shocks and struts for the rtr springs? Let me know how you like them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:03 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Marius, you were absolutely right. I was so tied up looking at the BMR website I didn't notice your link was BMR on ebay from BMR. Should have clicked and saved with your link. Sorry brother and thanks for the link for next time. (UCA!)
No worries, at least it wasn't a lot of extra money and CJPP is a great vendor to support.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
What????
Stuff that matters for road racing, not that a street going car will really need to worry about.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Stuff that matters for road racing, not that a street going car will really need to worry about.
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
Fintile are you staying with stock shocks and struts for the rtr springs? Let me know how you like them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Will do!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang