Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Are LCA worth it on a V6?

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Fintile 
#1 ·
Recently I added a 73mm TB to my V6. Definite increase in power. Hard shifts to second fishtail car far more than before. I'm looking at some BMR Lower Control Arms and reading opinions that are all over the place. Is this a worthwhile upgrade, LCA?

#4 ·
Id say for daily use with the occasional trip to the track NO. Its built pretty decently as is and any upgrades with said use would not have much of an impact. However if you intend to compete in Bracket racing or do some heavy engine mods like F/I or such then it would be recommended that you upgrade the suspension. This is just my .02

#8 ·
#9 ·
These are legit. Shunc01 has them installed and its a big difference on his Auto.
Im going to be upgrading to these soon. Going to install Adj. Pan Hard bar, RTR lowering springs and these BMR LCAs once everything is said and done I should be able to grip much better than I do. Its a PITA losing traction halfway through first and 2nd every time you want to take off.

#10 ·
I wish I had the performance pack. The FP6 was last year's appearance package that wouldn't allow PP upgrade. Trying to layer the handling items in one at a time.

#12 ·
#15 ·
#13 ·
one of my favorite mods

#14 ·
I'm having mine installed with Koni sport struts & shocks & J&M cc plates. BMR is a good company.

#16 ·
I will be doing all three rear control arms on my car this year. There is less for me to gain from the rears than there was from the fronts (those bushings were causing false ABS trips on R-comps when the arm would slop around during braking). The biggest benefit for me in the rears will be 1) fixing the 0.1 degree thrust angle on the axle, and 2) going to a floating, high durometer poly bushing for all six on the back (don't want to do delrin, and introduce bind, since I am not allowed to use a Heim joint on one end, or any other metallic bushing).

#18 ·
I will be doing all three rear control arms on my car this year. There is less for me to gain from the rears than there was from the fronts (those bushings were causing false ABS trips on R-comps when the arm would slop around during braking). The biggest benefit for me in the rears will be 1) fixing the 0.1 degree thrust angle on the axle, and 2) going to a floating, high durometer poly bushing for all six on the back (don't want to do delrin, and introduce bind, since I am not allowed to use a Heim joint on one end, or any other metallic bushing).
What????:blink:

#19 ·
Marius, you were absolutely right. I was so tied up looking at the BMR website I didn't notice your link was BMR on ebay from BMR. Should have clicked and saved with your link. Sorry brother and thanks for the link for next time. (UCA!)

#21 ·
Marius, you were absolutely right. I was so tied up looking at the BMR website I didn't notice your link was BMR on ebay from BMR. Should have clicked and saved with your link. Sorry brother and thanks for the link for next time. (UCA!)
No worries, at least it wasn't a lot of extra money and CJPP is a great vendor to support.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.