Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Car mods

2K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  Tyler_adams 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 v6 its my very first car so I'm not allowed to do engine upgrades but I surely wanna make it look and sound good! It's ingot silver and I need some serious suggestions anything will help!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
Do something different, instead of the stuff everyone else does. Most Mustangs look alike so since you have a new stock Mustang, consider it a blank canvas and make it something unique and yours. Get a nice color scheme and mod away

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

G
#4 ·
Some nice starters is Darker window tint (depending on local laws), Louvers, and a pedastal or gt500 spoiler can be good starters. There are many others. Such as fender badges, wheels, hood vents, side scoops, and many other mods. Thats the nice part of the Mustang, the possibilities are endless. Look at everyone's Mustang pics for ideas if you like.

As far as sound, you can have anything from quiet, to insanely loud. Mufflers will be the way to go, and they won't/shouldn't void any warranties if ALL you do on the exhaust is mufflers. This one is a hot debate topic that if anyone gives their opinion, another person is bound to give something opposite. My best advice, go to car shows and listen to Mustangs. Listen to videos, and lots of them. Read reviews.

I put some Magnaflow mufflers on my old 2011 V6 and Ford still considered it a certified pre-owned with all coverages.

#12 ·
Ahhh I understand when I was 16 I had a little Toyota Corolla lol. Your a lucky guy to have that car! But getting to appearance mods just go with what you like since its your car and your going to be driving everyday not the person who doesn't like it. Good luck bud ??

#13 ·
#14 ·
I started with my 14' V6 in a similar fashion. (Old guy here not wanting to void new car warranty 30 days out of dealer. But I got over that!) Boss 302 rear defuser, Roush chin splitter and I plasti-dipped plastic chrome grill and rear emblem. Entirely changed the look of the car in a good way. My 2 cents.

#16 ·
If your dad is buying everything you definitely are too young to do most of the modifications...... You do appreciate everything more when you work hard and afford it yourself. I would say try to become more independent and afford modifications on your own. Will feel a lot better when you can look at something and say you worked hard for what you have...... And no i'm not an old guy preaching. Just turned 20 and bought my car with my own money at 18 and all of its modifications since then.... Really is good to see all the hard work pay off.

#19 ·
I personally think louvers are a bit played out since every mustang seems to have them so i got the fastback covers for a more traditional look, but i would say stick with a 2 to 3 color scheme and when considering a mod think how it might look with others as well

Also dont immediately go for brand new look an see reviews of products then try and find it used for cheaper (its great practice and might show your father some intelligence and restraint)

I can say you should try an appreciate the car i bought all my cars myself, i hated seeing the kids with Porsche's abuse them treat your car like it deserves to be treated an itll stick with you for the long haul also no one likes someone who doesnt appreciate what they have

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#20 ·
Personally, If I was you, I'd thank my father for his generosity, and respectfully decline his offer. I'd get a job for the summer and work all summer and save the money. And during this time prepare a list of everything I'd want to do to the car and at the start of the school year start buying things on the list...
As already stated when it's out of your pocket you will appreciate the car more...

Adventure till you drop

#21 ·
My parents did pay for my Mustang because I simply could not afford it while in high school, playing sports, and working. So they bought me the car but I refuse to have them pay for anything other than the car. I use the money I make to mod it how I like it and love that it's my money making it nice and how I want it not my parents. I hate kids that have nice cars all modded up because their parents pay for it lol but I guess if you can afford it.

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

#26 ·
I'm in the same group as you. I'm 16 and my parents very graciously surprised me with a 2014 v6 premium. They also don't want me to void the warranty or spend to much on the drivetrain. My first step is to get a gt500 spoiler and some stripes.

And before anyone says that I should have a cheaper car for my first car, I didn't ask for it as I was looking at a 98 ranger then they surprised me with this

#27 ·
All to you man. If they are financially stable I would take it. Why settle for less when they can afford either one. It's not like they are getting you a brand new Shelby for your first car lol but be grateful for sure. A lot of kids take advantage of it. I'm only 20 but so many guys wrecked their brand new cars back in high school because of stupidity. This guy I disliked wrecked his Roush that his daddy paid for. Pretty messed up to total something you didn't even pay for unless it wasn't your fault. Land vehicle Car Vehicle Vehicle door Sports car

#30 ·
Okay my turn.
My first car: 1949 Chevy straight 6 with about 92 HP.
First mod: Skirts
LOL

#31 · (Edited)
My Roush will never look like that, Chaz. That's so unfortunate, which normally that happens when you lose respect for your car. A friend of mine wrecked his 69 Camaro RS SS, last Thursday, and it nearly killed him, it's what happens when you lose respect for your car. Plus the 496 was too much for him, and the car, to begin with...
Which some cars are more forgiving than others. Driver error some for give you others could kill you. Pops Porsche is probably the least forgiving car I've ever driven. You make a mistake or don't respect it, it will kill you, or scare you to death...
Hey diehard I got a 90HP 75 MGB, man those 90-95 HP cars sure are some mean little dudes...

Adventure till you drop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.