Anyone have pypes axleback? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Anyone have pypes axleback?

Anybody have the pypes axle back exhaust im thinking about getting it and an x pipe

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-28-2015, 06:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackKnight92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Green Bay
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 72
Mine will be here by noon tomorrow. Id be cautious about changing anything else exhaust related if you get Pypes tho. Apparently the drone gets pretty bad if you do any thing else to the exhaust
__________________
2012 Mustang V6
BlackKnight92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
Installed BBK longtubes and a BBK Catted X pipe on a 3V with pype bombs on it. A little too raspy for my tastes but you might like it...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight92 View Post
Mine will be here by noon tomorrow. Id be cautious about changing anything else exhaust related if you get Pypes tho. Apparently the drone gets pretty bad if you do any thing else to the exhaust
U excited? Lol and yea but not gonna lie I love drone haha but thnx!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Installed BBK longtubes and a BBK Catted X pipe on a 3V with pype bombs on it. A little too raspy for my tastes but you might like it...


Adventure till you drop
Im thinking of doing shorty headers if any and did u like it?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
45thMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: Georgia
Posts: 145
Yeah I have the pypes on my car. I have had them since November I think and I like them. They do have a drone but it doesn't really bother me. I have taken the car on two road trips since I had them put on and the drone never really got on my nerves. Overall I like the pypes. I bought the black ones and I really like the look of them on the car.
45thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #6
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff
 
WhoDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anchorage
Region: Alaska
Posts: 1,925
Had them. They sound amazing with a factory exhaust. Once you go offroad midpipe and/or headers, there's too much drone and rasp.
__________________
2012 Kona Blue 3.7L V6:
Borla LT headers, O/R h-pipe, Borla S-types, 3.73 gears,
Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, BMR LCAs, Airaid CAI,
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
It was a customers car, and after the install it was a lot louder. In terms of sound I didn't like it. My tastes are deep throaty old school muscle sound. The car was raspy, crackled, popped, which isn't what I like. Naturally, headers will increase raspy sound along with X pipes. If that's the sound you are looking for then go for it...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thMustang View Post
Yeah I have the pypes on my car. I have had them since November I think and I like them. They do have a drone but it doesn't really bother me. I have taken the car on two road trips since I had them put on and the drone never really got on my nerves. Overall I like the pypes. I bought the black ones and I really like the look of them on the car.
How do u fix the fitment cause I would not wanna buy them if the are crooked and crap lol

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #9
Registered User
Newbie
 
STANG6er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
I got Pypes on mine right now as well as BBK shorty headers and BBK x pipe. Sounds amazing. I took the force 2's off for the Pypes and glad I did.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
STANG6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
45thMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: Georgia
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by big95 View Post
How do u fix the fitment cause I would not wanna buy them if the are crooked and crap lol

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mine was shop installed (live in an apartment on a hill and can't get up under the car). They are only slightly off. Really not noticeable unless you are looking to find a difference. I did see them messing with it quite a bit trying to get both sides even but in the end I'm happy with it.
45thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG6er View Post
I got Pypes on mine right now as well as BBK shorty headers and BBK x pipe. Sounds amazing. I took the force 2's off for the Pypes and glad I did.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Thats the exact setup I want!! But im doing gt over axles and gt pypes so is it really loud?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thMustang View Post
Mine was shop installed (live in an apartment on a hill and can't get up under the car). They are only slightly off. Really not noticeable unless you are looking to find a difference. I did see them messing with it quite a bit trying to get both sides even but in the end I'm happy with it.
Ohhh ok thnx!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #12
Registered User
Newbie
 
STANG6er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
They are amazingly loud and throaty, I have a clip that I recorded on my phone that I'm going to post in a bit. Or try to cause its from voice memo.
Quality is great and nice and throaty. Way better than the force 2's sitting in my house right now(in my opinion, perhaps with many others too cause when I got on it with the force 2's it was raspy as ever)


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
STANG6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:17 PM   #13
Registered User
Newbie
 
STANG6er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
Anyone have pypes axleback?

And big95, the fitment is good, no issues. If you just put them on and tighten them, it will definitely be crooked and off a little. But what I did was put it up and connect the hooks in the rubber grommets and before I tightened them I positioned it(the exhaust tip) to where I wanted them to be and then I tightened. I did the same thing when I had the force 2 on as well and it works like a charm fast and easy. They been on for about 5-6months now and it's perfectly fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
STANG6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG6er View Post
They are amazingly loud and throaty, I have a clip that I recorded on my phone that I'm going to post in a bit. Or try to cause its from voice memo.
Quality is great and nice and throaty. Way better than the force 2's sitting in my house right now(in my opinion, perhaps with many others too cause when I got on it with the force 2's it was raspy as ever)


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Thanks you've been such a great help!!! I really want it loud cause im stock right now and I hate it

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG6er View Post
And big95, the fitment is good, no issues. If you just put them on and tighten them, it will definitely be crooked and off a little. But what I did was put it up and connect the hooks in the rubber grommets and before I tightened them I positioned it(the exhaust tip) to where I wanted them to be and then I tightened. I did the same thing when I had the force 2 on as well and it works like a charm fast and easy. They been on for about 5-6months now and it's perfectly fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
And was it a catted or off road x pipe? Cause I don't have a tuner :p

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #15
Registered User
Newbie
 
STANG6er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
They are the Catted, Not the off road ones.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
STANG6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #16
Registered User
Newbie
 
STANG6er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
Jeez how do I post a video on here?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
STANG6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:53 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,514
Through YouTube...


Adventure till you drop
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG6er View Post
They are the Catted, Not the off road ones.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yea put a YouTube link honestly is easiest and im wondering which one id want ha catted or uncatted cause I want the power

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:47 PM   #19
Registered User
Newbie
 
STANG6er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
Ok this video does not have revs(I would have to make that) but it has the start up and all that. I do have a video with revs but it's in a car wash bay.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
STANG6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #20
Registered User
Newbie
 
STANG6er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
It keeps failing to process almost immediately. I think it's because it's a audio file converted to a video file. I just need to make a video from scratch.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
STANG6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:07 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG6er View Post
It keeps failing to process almost immediately. I think it's because it's a audio file converted to a video file. I just need to make a video from scratch.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ok that would be much appreciated! And I would love the startup!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #22
Registered User
Newbie
 
KLToberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Madison
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 9
I have them on my '08 GT/CS and love them. Could definitely feel the difference on power.
__________________

KLToberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #23
Registered User
Newbie
 
torque_thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mahwah
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 6
I installed them on my 2013 V6 a couple months ago and the sound was pretty harsh at first but has since mellowed out. Overall very happy with my purchase considering the price.
torque_thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:23 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLToberman View Post
I have them on my '08 GT/CS and love them. Could definitely feel the difference on power.
Really more power? How?:O

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque_thunder View Post
I installed them on my 2013 V6 a couple months ago and the sound was pretty harsh at first but has since mellowed out. Overall very happy with my purchase considering the price.
Are they loud enough for u?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLToberman View Post
I have them on my '08 GT/CS and love them. Could definitely feel the difference on power.
Lol
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #26
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff
 
WhoDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anchorage
Region: Alaska
Posts: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLToberman View Post
I have them on my '08 GT/CS and love them. Could definitely feel the difference on power.
That's good and all, but they'll sound completely different on this guy's V6
__________________
2012 Kona Blue 3.7L V6:
Borla LT headers, O/R h-pipe, Borla S-types, 3.73 gears,
Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, BMR LCAs, Airaid CAI,
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #27
Registered User
Newbie
 
torque_thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mahwah
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by big95 View Post

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ----------

Are they loud enough for u?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yup , still loud enough for me!
torque_thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque_thunder View Post
Yup , still loud enough for me!
Lol ok cause I want gt loud not sound just loud ha

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:07 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackKnight92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Green Bay
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by big95 View Post
U excited? Lol and yea but not gonna lie I love drone haha but thnx!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------



Im thinking of doing shorty headers if any and did u like it?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Got them on, fitment is horrible, which i expected. They do sound great in my opinion though. I havent noticed much drone, but i only got on the highway for a few minutes. But it is LOUD when you get on it. I got on it past a cop last night and he just smiled. lol
__________________
2012 Mustang V6
BlackKnight92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
aleXXXps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Urbana
Region: Illinois
Posts: 102
I'll be buying Axle backs in the next few weeks. I've been eyeing Pypes, but after reading the forums I might stay away and go Roush or something.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
aleXXXps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:03 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXXXps View Post
I'll be buying Axle backs in the next few weeks. I've been eyeing Pypes, but after reading the forums I might stay away and go Roush or something.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
I decided to save for a catback borla s type

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:15 PM   #32
Registered User
Newbie
 
STANG6er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
Big95 I have that video made of the pypes if you still wanted to compare or something


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
STANG6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
big95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG6er View Post
Big95 I have that video made of the pypes if you still wanted to compare or something


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yea tht would help!!! Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #34
Registered User
Newbie
 
STANG6er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
Ok I'll upload it to YouTube now and post link.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
STANG6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:50 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
I love mine, they sound great with the rest of the stock exhaust. They do drone somewhat, I just usually don't notice it however because of my music.
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone have a quad tip on a roush axleback? Jstorm 2011-2014 Mustang GT 7 04-19-2015 11:14 PM
Roush Axleback exhaust vs. Borla ATAK Axleback exhaust nelly012 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 63 03-09-2015 09:59 AM
Wanted: Pypes axleback (pype bomb) or stingers 08mustanggt Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 4 04-04-2013 01:19 PM
Pypes OffRoad H Pipe + Pypes Muffler Deletes!! Jake 2005-2010 Mustang GT 21 08-17-2012 08:23 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:21 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.