Would it be considered fake? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2015, 11:40 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard3600 View Post
I'm not going to say your 100% wrong, you may indeed be right, but I wonder why the roush dealer would tell me other wise?

You can send it in to convert just like Shelby. It just gets an official registry number for the vin. That's what you're paying for
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #72
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
You can send it in to convert just like Shelby. It just gets an official registry number for the vin. That's what you're paying for
Ah ok, do you directly have to contact them about it then? I looked on Roush performances site and couldn't find a price or even a mention of the conversion, I'm curious as to what it would cost, I like the RS myself and if they werent so expensive I may have bought one.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I don't fully understand it either but I had to drive an hour or so to a certified Roush dealer Ford dealership (Friendly Ford in Geneva NY) to have my Roush supercharger installed and covered by the warranty. None of the local dealerships were certified to do it. They were one of the aforementioned dealers that had GT's listed but when I called the GT's were slated to be Roush cars.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
I don't fully understand it either but I had to drive an hour or so to a certified Roush dealer Ford dealership (Friendly Ford in Geneva NY) to have my Roush supercharger installed and covered by the warranty. None of the local dealerships were certified to do it. They were one of the aforementioned dealers that had GT's listed but when I called the GT's were slated to be Roush cars.
Ford doesn't and wont pay for mechanical problems resulting from your installation of a Roush Supercharger.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Ford doesn't and wont pay for mechanical problems resulting from your installation of a Roush Supercharger.
That's why I didn't install it, the dealership did.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:15 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Reading through this forum it seems to me there needs to be a whole new thread that teaches people roush doesnt just make suoercharged v8's 😂
Theyve done v6 for a long time as well as the new inline 4cylinders
I think its a common misconception on this thread that the only roush is a supercharged roush

Roush is a company

Companys make multiple products

Which means they modify v8's v6's and now inline 4's

Also if im correct the tag RS is to designate that its a performance v6 not a v8 just throwing that out there you guys are bashing on the fact that you think its a fake v8 but it would literally be a clone everything except the vin

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
swhitfield2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:51 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by swhitfield2013 View Post
Reading through this forum it seems to me there needs to be a whole new thread that teaches people roush doesnt just make suoercharged v8's
Theyve done v6 for a long time as well as the new inline 4cylinders
I think its a common misconception on this thread that the only roush is a supercharged roush

Roush is a company

Companys make multiple products

Which means they modify v8's v6's and now inline 4's

Also if im correct the tag RS is to designate that its a performance v6 not a v8 just throwing that out there you guys are bashing on the fact that you think its a fake v8 but it would literally be a clone everything except the vin

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I think most are aware what Roush does and what an RS is. Making your car look like one, adding grill, spoiler, wheels etc is one thing.
Displaying Roush badges, fake J Roush signatures etc is fake. Fake is fake, whether it's faking a supercharged V8, Eco Roush or V6.
If I wear a fake Dolex, made in China watch that says "Rolex", is that a "tribute" watch or just plain cheesy?
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I considered at one point adding those nice Roush emblems to the side of my fenders because I like Roush performance as a company, I have Roush axle backs and the emblems look pretty nice.
But then I stopped and thought about it. Absolutely no one that doesn't KNOW Mustangs would care or be impressed with a Roush badge.
And the people that would KNOW what that badge even means, would laugh and call bullspit on me on the spot.
I also won't put snakes on my GT and call it a tribute. When and if I ever earn a Shelby or Roush or have one done BY Roush, then I'll proudly polish my snake or "R".
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:23 PM   #79
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Would be considered fake? Does it really matter? You should build the car for you, not for others. If you want a Roush RS, then build it. It's your car only your opinion matters about it. All our opinions don't matter about your car. It's your car build it for you. If someone else doesn't like it, then that's their problem, not yours. Build want you want.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:49 PM   #80
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Would be considered fake? Does it really matter? You should build the car for you, not for others. If you want a Roush RS, then build it. It's your car only your opinion matters about it. All our opinions don't matter about your car. It's your car build it for you. If someone else doesn't like it, then that's their problem, not yours. Build want you want.

Adventure till you drop

Well said.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
FAKE...lol jk. If it makes you happy, go get it. Who cares about the other guy?
mustanguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm in a similar situation. I recently had my '14 repaired for hail. I'm very sad as it needed the roof and hood replaced along with mucho PDR and a little body work on the passenger side. $6500 in damage. It's a pretty simple car. Three options: Recaros, Performance Pack, and Tech Sync. Since the hood had to be replaced and it was a detachable part, I started looking for hoods on the cheap. State Farm allowed $1300, I found a GT500 new takeoff on ebay for $650. The GT500 hood had white stripes but was the right color and the seller communicated that it came off a car with 10 miles. It started my wheels spinning. Save $650 and get a GT500 hood! Needless to say I bought the hood and a GT500 spoiler from AM. Now I have the beginnings of a GT500 homage. I am planning on the CDC performance grille and when I need to replace the Pirelli P Zeros instead of spending a grand on tires alone, I'll order the AMR wheels with tires for just $500 more. So, I'm on the GT500 clone, homage, poser or whatever you want to call it boat. I won't be doing badges. However a Procharger super charger is a very high possibility.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #83
doyouevenforum

Quote:
Originally Posted by badka2ma View Post
I'm in a similar situation. I recently had my '14 repaired for hail. I'm very sad as it needed the roof and hood replaced along with mucho PDR and a little body work on the passenger side. $6500 in damage. It's a pretty simple car. Three options: Recaros, Performance Pack, and Tech Sync. Since the hood had to be replaced and it was a detachable part, I started looking for hoods on the cheap. State Farm allowed $1300, I found a GT500 new takeoff on ebay for $650. The GT500 hood had white stripes but was the right color and the seller communicated that it came off a car with 10 miles. It started my wheels spinning. Save $650 and get a GT500 hood! Needless to say I bought the hood and a GT500 spoiler from AM. Now I have the beginnings of a GT500 homage. I am planning on the CDC performance grille and when I need to replace the Pirelli P Zeros instead of spending a grand on tires alone, I'll order the AMR wheels with tires for just $500 more. So, I'm on the GT500 clone, homage, poser or whatever you want to call it boat. I won't be doing badges. However a Procharger super charger is a very high possibility.

Same boat lol. Gt500 wheels and spoiler. I have a cdc grille I'd sell if interested just pm me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang