Would it be considered fake? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Would it be considered fake?

I want to transform my car into a roush rs, put the decals, the emblems and any appearance mods to make it look like a roush rs? Roush does the same thing. But by me doing it would it be considered a POS

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Some people will look down on it. Now if that bothers you then don't do it. It's your car do what you want to it. But, make the car for you and you alone. If that means making a Roush RS then do it...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I would not care what other people think. All that matters is that you like it. Yes people will look down on it. The ones that do probably don't even own a mustang. I know a kid who put 5.0 emblems on his 4 cylinder LX years ago and he was laughed at right before a race. Turns out he made the bets and started the car he did have a 302 under the hood. Perfect sleeper. He was the one laughing when he collected the cash. Do what you like.
Joe Dirt 222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

I say do it. Its your car.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If making it an RS will make you happy then do it because who cares what people say about the car as long as your happy with it!

Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

Do it! Like everyone says, it is your car. Other people aren't paying your bills and for you mods. There will probably be more people complimenting your car then making jokes about it.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I
Totally agree with everyone, it's my car and as long as I'm happy with what I'm doing screw what anyone thinks,
Thanks a lot everyone

Old 04-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I think since it's essentially the same you are not faking it. It's different if you were throwing GT badges or Shelby emblems on it. I say go for it.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
I think the only badge adding that is wrong is putting a Ferrari badge on a Fiero. Other than that, brother ask yourself, what will make your car make you happier.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Seeing as it's just an additional package, what is a real "Roush"? Just because the parts weren't put on in a building with "Roush" on the side of it doesn't mean they aren't Roush parts. I think the only thing you would be missing is a badge that has the build number. The rest from the intake and exhaust to the seat covers and spoiler can be added and no one would know the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:23 AM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
Rs I think is fine, but R3, no.

Sent from my XT1064 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:53 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I think that as long as you arent trying to sell it off as a real roush its fine, its all about how the car makes you feel when you look at it. do what makes you happy.
Tyler_adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:51 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
If it's to satisfy your own taste, it's great but you will know you're not driving a Roush.
If it's to impress people that you're driving a Roush, the only ones it will fool are the ones who have no clue what Roush is and therefore you might as well be driving a Focus because they have no clue or even an appreciation of what the differences are.
True Mustang enthusiasts, that would know and appreciate a genuine Roush, will spot your car a mile away....they'll have that feeling of driving down the street, seeing a hot woman walking on the sidewalk, and then feeling sick as they pass and discover it was a dude.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:20 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Here's how I'd handle anyone giving you any grief about what you do to your Mustang:

Place your right hand out, palm up. Then ask them for the money to make the next car payment. If they refuse, then their opinion does not count.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:23 AM   #15
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
True Mustang enthusiasts, that would know and appreciate a genuine Roush, will spot your car a mile away....they'll have that feeling of driving down the street, seeing a hot woman walking on the sidewalk, and then feeling sick as they pass and discover it was a dude.

Except that Roush does offer a package for a V6. You can buy a V6 Roush Mustang from a dealer. So aside from the build plate, not sure how you would spot it as "fake" from a mile away.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:39 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

If its just an aftermarket package do you think its even attached to the car vin? Whoever has that carfax should look up a roush rs an see if it say anything different?

It might just be labeled as a stock v6, in which case getting the same materials truely would make it a roush rs, lots packages often get added without being added to the vehicles official title

An example of a small one is when i bought my last car my scion tc from the dealer it was labelled as a stock tc but when you take a look it was actually a spec model (no cruise controll panorama moonroof and mountain tail lights) it was sold when it was new as a spec model for tuning but if you look up the vin its the same as the base so essentially someone could have changed out all the parts an sold it as a spec (that would lose them money) or i could have added cruise controll ect and sold it as a base model

I wonder if it really is official of it its just kinda of an afterthought thing like my tc?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
swhitfield2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:46 AM   #17
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

I think the VIN is attached to the package and you can even look up the VIN on Roush's site to verify if it's "real".

Old 04-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

^ to build on that.
Roush uses the last 5 digits of the vin to serialize their cars, it will give you info as followed.
Year
Package
Production number of the package
Starting date of package install
Finish date
Dealership location
Might have left some things out.

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-30-2015, 03:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Your car, do what u want.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly I'm not trying to be rude but if you want to buy a package, whether it be from Roush or aftermarket, that gives you ZERO performance engine mods and let's you badge your mustang as a ROUSH is stupid. Gives the guys that paid money for the Roush stage mustangs a bad name. It's always just my opinion but your car will be a Roush look a like NOT a Roush. That last part is solely my opinion. I mean bro what's the difference between me buying all the GT appearance mods from ford and badging my V6 as a GT? Going to be stiring the pot with this one...

Old 04-30-2015, 05:30 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrykid View Post
Honestly I'm not trying to be rude but if you want to buy a package, whether it be from Roush or aftermarket, that gives you ZERO performance engine mods and let's you badge your mustang as a ROUSH is stupid. Gives the guys that paid money for the Roush stage mustangs a bad name. It's always just my opinion but your car will be a Roush look a like NOT a Roush. That last part is solely my opinion. I mean bro what's the difference between me buying all the GT appearance mods from ford and badging my V6 as a GT? Going to be stiring the pot with this one...

Except that a roush v6 from roush has no performance mods either. So it's not exactly like your analogy.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:31 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:

Your car will still have major performance differences than the gt. If he makes a Roush rs clone it will be identical..
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:33 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Many people like the Roush name but without the high performance car. So instead of buying a super charged V8 Mustang for let's say 60K I can buy a v4 turbo or v6 for 25K which is less than half the price and still have the Mustang brand name. You don't have to have a Shelby to have a Mustang and you don't need to have a Stage 3 Roush to have a Roush.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But did you notice I said roush rs. They v6 package has nothing but appearance mods and maybe just and Intake on it. I'm going to be using roush parts only it's not like I'm going to use after market parts that aren't roush to go through with this. That's basically what roush does.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:47 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

@natestang. Thanks for the quick reply. I know the Roush package has no performance mods? Thats what I'm saying. Is it possible to tell the difference between his look a like Roush from a REAL supercharged Roush? Yes it is. It's not a supercharged Roush lol

Old 04-30-2015, 05:56 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

@roushmarlon831. Totally your car bro. You don't have to explain your reasoning to me. But if you put a bunch of appearance mods from Roush and badge your car as a Roush you'll have to explain that it has no performance upgrades, and not a v8. I bet A lot of people are going to want to race after you do it. A lot lol

Old 04-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
@roushmarlon831. Totally your car bro. You don't have to explain your reasoning to me. But if you put a bunch of appearance mods from Roush and badge your car as a Roush you'll have to explain that it has no performance upgrades, and not a v8. I bet A lot of people are going to want to race after you do it. A lot lol

But the Roush Rs package is just an appearance package from Roush
Old 04-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Not all Roush mustangs are V8s.

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushMarlon831 View Post
I want to transform my car into a roush rs, put the decals, the emblems and any appearance mods to make it look like a roush rs? Roush does the same thing. But by me doing it would it be considered a POS

Transforming your car into a Roush RS and making it look like a Roush RS, are too different things. "The RS package starts at $4,000," and includes ROUSH lowering springs, among other things.
If you're going to limit it to appearances only, the 19″ premium painted aluminum wheels and tires will cost a few $$.
(Copied from the Roush site.)
EDIT: Well I guess lowering it is an appearance mod too!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Your car, do what you like! I've roush springs and supercharger. Doesn't make it a roush but I did put a Roush badge on...little tiny one
Old 04-30-2015, 06:30 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	181465  
Old 04-30-2015, 06:32 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Here it is
LOL Has anyone noticed it?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:36 PM   #33
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Here it is
That is epic and subtle.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:41 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Here it is
That is awesome sir.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:52 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

OP, I own a genuine Roush mustang and I'm getting ready to buy another one. Both are in the Roush registry. I say make it a Roush RS. If you want it to be an RS then do it. I don't even mind, as a Roush owner, if you pass it as a real Roush. To me your car just got a late start.
And if people are wanting to make Roush replicas/clones; then Roush must be doing something right. I think it's quite the opposite of giving them a bad name; if people are wanting to make their cars into Roush mustangs.

Adventure till you drop

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang