2014 V6 Performance Pack Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #1
Kevin.Cook

2014 V6 Performance Pack Question

So my car is an Auto and has the Performance Package for the V6. Now I did try to search previous threads but cannot find anything specific to what I am about to ask.

I am curious as to what is usually and officially included with this besides the obvious wheels, 3.31 gears, and strut tower brace.

Also, what grade are these items - such as the suspension that Ford refers to and the braking components? How do these compare to others, such as Eibach and SR? Is it worth swapping to one of these aftermarket companies for suspension or will a majority of everything be the same (Besides a minor drop of the car).

Here is what SHOULD be included with this:

V6 Performance Package - $1,995
Toned driver and passenger door mirrors; Strut tower brace; Upsized front sway bar and SVT rear sway bar; Unique front springs; Unique front & rear calipers with Performance Friction pads; Unique stability control calibration; Sport suspension; Front and rear alloy wheels: 19" x 8.5"; Front and rear 255/40- and summer tires; Includes: [453] 3.31 Ratio Axle

I just want to really drill down on this if possible so if anyone has or gets one of these 2013/2014 Mustangs with this package, they know EXACTLY what they are getting "out of the box".
Because the description of "Unique" does not tell me anything.
Also, this is going to help me answer questions like, when it comes time to replace these parts if left on the car, would normal V6 specific parts suffice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Everything on your car has come off another mustang, nothing is "special," "unique" or will cause any issues when modding. Also, almost anything aftermarket is going to be better than stock.

For all intents and purposes, the only things of worth in the PP are the larger rims / tires, the friction pads, and the 3.31 gears. The STB is for fluff, and the sway bars are just GT and GT500 units (f/r) to balance out the grip of the wider tires. Its a very mild upgrade, but considering how mild the v6 is to begin with, it does end up making it quite the good little car.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:55 AM   #3
Kevin.Cook

Thank you Voltwings. This is what I figured. Sometimes, Ford can be so vague with their descriptions it sometimes leaves you wondering "What exactly did I buy?" a while after the fact.

When modding later this year, I was wondering where I should focus my funds. I am probably going to do suspension and braking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Not a bad place to start, looks like you already have a pretty solid mod list.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
The V6 PP has larger front rotors also. Same size as the GT.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
The manual has a sport mode traction control, not sure if the auto has it. The manual exhaust has a slightly differ exhaust as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jomcgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:00 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

I don't think 3.31 automatically come with the PP it was a separate option on mine.

Sent from my XT1064 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:32 AM   #8
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
idk about 14's but in 2013 the AT's had larger front rotors 13.2? compared to 12.6 on the manuals.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

The '14 PP have thee larger front rotors, same as the '13's.

The '14 PP came standard with the 3.31 gears.(Not a separate option.)
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:23 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
The '14 PP have thee larger front rotors, same as the '13's.

The '14 PP came standard with the 3.31 gears.(Not a separate option.)
Yes, but the auto PP seem to have larger rotors than the Manual PP cars. People who have the auto w/ PP have had issues clearing the brakes when using 17" stock wheels for winter while they fit just fine on the manual PP cars.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #11
Kevin.Cook

Yea the Autos have the sport traction mode also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-01-2015, 07:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Would the gt brakes be a worthwhile upgrade from the stock ones? And do they use the same calipers?
Old 05-01-2015, 07:49 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not sure the PP comes with larger rotors. My friend had a '13 V6 standard, and his brakes were the exact same size as my fiance's base model, and definitely smaller than my 5.0. All it lists is the performance upgraded pads.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:06 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7batmobile View Post
Would the gt brakes be a worthwhile upgrade from the stock ones? And do they use the same calipers?
Yes, same calipers. Only thing you need to change is the rotor & some GT caliper brackets.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The front rotors are 13.2 on the automatics VS the 12.5 or whatever the stock V6 is.
The front springs and struts are the same as a 2007 Shelby GT 500 without the SVT package.
Rear LCA and rear anti sway bar are SVT also.
You have the sport mod that the GT has.
Brakes are upgraded and the black mirror covers.
It will also go 1.01 G's on the skid pan vs the .95 the Boss does. I have had peaks on mine at 1.99 one way and 1.17 the other. So it is not a slouch in Stock for

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:45 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Unique means that they put GT parts on a 3.7. Have they always offered the performance package with an auto transmission? I have a 12 with the performance package and could have sworn they were only made with a manual transmission. Maybe they changed after 2012.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Unique means that they put GT parts on a 3.7. Have they always offered the performance package with an auto transmission? I have a 12 with the performance package and could have sworn they were only made with a manual transmission. Maybe they changed after 2012.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
That's exactly it! They changed it for the '13 and '14. Now it's gone again in the '15's (for the V6).
Old 06-01-2015, 10:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
My fav part of the PP is the sweet wheels.
mustanguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanguitarist View Post
My fav part of the PP is the sweet wheels.
I replaced mine with Boss 302s 9 inch wheels

Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
I replaced mine with Boss 302s 9 inch wheels

Siber...You should add a new picture with your new wheels on.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #21
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
how can u tell what wheels he has in the current pic?
Old 06-02-2015, 02:56 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
how can u tell what wheels he has in the current pic?
I can't on his avatar. I was referring to his pictures/garage pictures.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Siber...You should add a new picture with your new wheels on.
Here they are

Old 06-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Very nice indeed!
Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, only took 2 years to decide. Then they added grey in and had to decide again.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Don't you also get the Track Apps with the PP, or was that only for Premium models?
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #27
Kevin.Cook

Premium models
Old 06-02-2015, 09:17 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

^ Thanks. My memory's a sieve these days. Did all Premium models come with the Track Apps? I didn't think so, but could easily be wrong.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:04 AM   #29
Kevin.Cook

They did.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:22 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
yeah, I've got a base premium, no packages, and have all track apps.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
It will also go 1.01 G's on the skid pan vs the .95 the Boss does. I have had peaks on mine at 1.99 one way and 1.17 the other. So it is not a slouch in Stock for

The loss of weight vs any 5.0 car is helpful, especially when coupled with the more neutral weight distribution.

For lateral G numbers, you should come for a ride with me on a track (once the car is fixed, broke it pretty badly at a recent event, have been borrowing race cars since), I am told that it is just unreal.

Be careful with advance trac, even in sport mode, it will cause hydraulic failure due to excessive fluid heat when raced. Be safe, turn it off...

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #32
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
The loss of weight vs any 5.0 car is helpful, especially when coupled with the more neutral weight distribution.

For lateral G numbers, you should come for a ride with me on a track (once the car is fixed, broke it pretty badly at a recent event, have been borrowing race cars since), I am told that it is just unreal.

Be careful with advance trac, even in sport mode, it will cause hydraulic failure due to excessive fluid heat when raced. Be safe, turn it off...

Good to know

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang