Alucard3600's 2014 3.7L Build - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
Alucard3600's 2014 3.7L Build

Like a lot of people here this is a build I started on another site, but having it in different places allows for different opinions and ideas.

My overall goal for this, is to make a unique styled 3.7L, that has my own unique twist to it, I have taken some inspiration from a few different builds I have seen, and with their blessing and encouragment I am going to take some of their ideas and add it to my own to hopefully make something I can truly be proud of.

Of course like I said, I am always looking for new ideas, and others opinions.

This is a list of things I want to buy, I will put in ( ) when it is either ordered or installed, so you can easily see the progress as I order and install things.
Boltons:
FR 3.55 gears
Air Raid Oiled CAI (Installed with BAMA 93 race tun
MAC Ceramic LT Headers(waiting to be installed)
DDS Driveshaft
Trident Motorsports Exhaust(ordered)
Custom H-pipe
Mustang Gt Throttle Body
Lonewolf Ported intake
Kooks Highflow Cats
Steeda CAI (want to upgrade from the airraid)

Appearance:
Black Billett Fuel door
Roush Upper Grille(Installed)
Roush Lower Grille(Installed)
Window Louvers
Boss 302 Front Splitter
Boss/GT-CS Rear Valance
Boss 302 style side stripe in matte black (will probably have to be custom painted or ordered)
MRT hood struts

Handling:
BMR rear suspension from Hypermotive
BMR LCA's
BMR Panhard Bar
BMR UCA
BMR relocation mount for UCA
Eibach Pro kit Lowering Springs
Ground Control Caster Camber Plates
Koni Oranges

Forced Induction:
Undecided

My Mustang

First Dyno Run Dynoed at ProDyno in FortMill,SC 269 RWHP 263 Torque 2014 v6 automatic, Airraid CAI,and 93R Bama tune.

A Day at the car wash

White Mustang Registry Number

Getting my Carolina Super Stangs Banner put on, it is the local mustang group I am with.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2015, 12:18 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
Is it the quad tip exhaust

Sent from my XT1064 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:40 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

That is what I am looking for, yes. This is a list of things I am wanting, the stuff in ( ) is the things I have installed,have ordered, or are in my possession just not installed yet.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
good looking car, my suggestion would be to explore other tuning options.. Steeda/Lund/MPT would be my top suggestions

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

I will have it Dyno tuned by ProDyno as soon as I get the exhaust done.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
if they have expieriance tuning coytoes they shouldnt have to much trouble tuning the cyclone... My dyno tuner said its basically the same with 2 less cylinders to worry about

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:55 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

They are the best Mustang tuner in NC, at least that I have heard of, our mustang group Carolina Super Stangs, pretty much live there lol. They mostly tune mustangs from what I have seen, at least 95% of them are mustangs. I have full confidence in them, our group president just had his Roush Stage 3 retuned after some mods and he is pushing 647 RWHP!
Old 05-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Broseph I'm here! I like how the car looks stock but isn't. I have a Mac Prohamber midpipe. Power of the X, sound of the H pipe. Have you thought about MPT tuning?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
may want to add LCA relocation brackets to that list

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhillgt View Post
may want to add LCA relocation brackets to that list

I too say that adding the relocation mounts would be best for wheel hop and pinion angle realignment.
Glad someone actually picked up the upper control arm and know what it's about.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:59 PM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard3600 View Post
Like a lot of people here this is a build I started on another site, but having it in different places allows for different opinions and ideas.

My overall goal for this, is to make a unique styled 3.7L, that has my own unique twist to it, I have taken some inspiration from a few different builds I have seen, and with their blessing and encouragment I am going to take some of their ideas and add it to my own to hopefully make something I can truly be proud of.

Of course like I said, I am always looking for new ideas, and others opinions.

This is a list of things I want to buy, I will put in ( ) when it is either ordered or installed, so you can easily see the progress as I order and install things.
Boltons:
FR 3.55 gears
Air Raid Oiled CAI (Installed with BAMA 93 race tune)
MAC Ceramic LT Headers(waiting to be installed)
DDS Driveshaft
Shelby GT500 Exhaust
Custom H-pipe
Kooks Highflow Cats

Appearance:

Black Billett Fuel door
Roush Upper Grille(Installed)
Roush Lower Grille(Installed)
Window Louvers
Boss 302 Front Splitter
GT500 Rear Valance
Boss 302 style side stripe in matte black
2013 Mustang GT hood
MRT hood struts

Handling
BMR rear suspension from Hyper Performance
BMR LCA's
BMR Panhard Bar
BMR UCA's
BMR relocation mount for UCA
Eibach Pro kit Lowering Springs
Ground Control Caster Camber Plates
Koni Oranges

My Mustang

First Dyno Run Dynoed at ProDyno in FortMill,SC 269 RWHP 263 Torque 2014 v6 automatic, Airraid CAI,and 93R Bama tune.

A Day at the car wash

White Mustang Registry Number

Getting my Carolina Super Stangs Banner put on, it is the local mustang group I am with.
I love your build alucard!

You are definitely on the right path to building an awesome 3.7!

What are your plans now? I know first hand that these projects are never "done".

Let me know if you ever need anything!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:15 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Yea I do need to add the brackets, I just havent gotten around to doing it yet lol. Also thanks Will, my plans now are to actually acquire all the stuff I have on this list XD I have a few things first and foremost I am going to finish before I go on to the next stage. I am going to finish the exhaust before anything else, I have a guy I am going to get the Cats from, another that is going to fab up the Cats to make me a catted shorty H-pipe, and hopefully acquire a set of OEM gt500 mufflers. I see them for sell now and again on shelbyauctions on ebay, but I swear I never have the money whenever they are going cheap!
Old 05-01-2015, 11:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I do need to add the brackets, I just havent gotten around to doing it yet lol. Also thanks Will, my plans now are to actually acquire all the stuff I have on this list XD I have a few things first and foremost I am going to finish before I go on to the next stage. I am going to finish the exhaust before anything else, I have a guy I am going to get the Cats from, another that is going to fab up the Cats to make me a catted shorty H-pipe, and hopefully acquire a set of OEM gt500 mufflers. I see them for sell now and again on shelbyauctions on ebay, but I swear I never have the money whenever they are going cheap!

Why not just cut the Hybrid pipe on the stock midpipe and make a H pipe
Old 05-01-2015, 11:55 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

because it is 2 1/4' and the H-pipe im getting made is 2.5" just like my LT headers, it will flow better with the bigger pipe.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:10 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2014 DIB 3.7 w/ sport shift "Blue Cyclone"

Nice build, also get a UPR catch can to stop "blow-by" oil gettting into your intake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_UPR catch can 005.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	181671  
Old 05-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
Nice build, also get a UPR catch can to stop "blow-by" oil gettting into your intake.
Hey how does that really work? It just stops oil from getting into the intake?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
luisagordo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:23 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisagordo31 View Post
Hey how does that really work? It just stops oil from getting into the intake?

Positive crankcase ventilation system.

The crankshaft spins through your oil pan, creates pressure. The hose going to your head to intake has oil in it, vapor droplets. The one going from passenger head going into intake. Ford designed it be burned off again by flowing into the heads to be combusted and burned away. This oil will gum up the valves over time, and reduce octane in certain cases. This catch can catches the droplets from entering the top side of the motor again to complete this, supposedly awesome process.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Positive crankcase ventilation system.

The crankshaft spins through your oil pan, creates pressure. The hose going to your head to intake has oil in it, vapor droplets. The one going from passenger head going into intake. Ford designed it be burned off again by flowing into the heads to be combusted and burned away. This oil will gum up the valves over time, and reduce octane in certain cases. This catch can catches the droplets from entering the top side of the motor again to complete this, supposedly awesome process.
Oh ok so it's a perfect addition for the engine then, thank you!

Old 05-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Yea I have seen those and was thinking of getting one, I was told I didn't really need it unless I was forced induction, but I don't see why it would hurt to get one anyway.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I have seen those and was thinking of getting one, I was told I didn't really need it unless I was forced induction, but I don't see why it would hurt to get one anyway.
Well my friend was talking to me about making mine forced inducted because I want to buy the cervini hood probably the stalker hood or the gt500 one.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:19 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

You can get the Shelby Gt500 take off hoods on ebay for around $500, you just have to find one for your color.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can get the Shelby Gt500 take off hoods on ebay for around $500, you just have to find one for your color.
Yea but I want more of a unique design. I love the cervini hoods and they come painted to which is good

Old 05-03-2015, 05:24 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Have you seen Trufiber's hoods? They are cheaper than cervini and just as good as quality.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Have you seen Trufiber's hoods? They are cheaper than cervini and just as good as quality.
I see it looks better then cervini,but cervini actually paints the hood in the color. I don't see an option for that in trufiber. Cervini has it 699 unpainted and trufiber has it at 799.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

No, I don't think they paint, that is indeed the downside. I was just talking about trufiber's hoods in general, didn't know they had the same hood. Also look and see what they both come with, sometimes trufiber ( at least with heat extractor kit) includes it in their price where some do not. Trufiber A72KR This is the one I wanted for a long time.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No, I don't think they paint, that is indeed the downside. I was just talking about trufiber's hoods in general, didn't know they had the same hood. Also look and see what they both come with, sometimes trufiber ( at least with heat extractor kit) includes it in their price where some do not. Trufiber A72KR This is the one I wanted for a long time.
It's 99 on cervini so a total of 1100 painted and all. That's the exact same hood that I want! I would've gone with trufiber but painted here in miami it's expensive I would probably pay a total of 1500 with the hood not painted and painting it here.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Ah ok! TBH I didn't look to see what hood you were talking about, but I'm glad to see you like that one too. Its about 250-300 here to get it painted at a local shop, so maybe 1100 for me to with the Trufiber.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah ok! TBH I didn't look to see what hood you were talking about, but I'm glad to see you like that one too. Its about 250-300 here to get it painted at a local shop, so maybe 1100 for me to with the Trufiber.
Hmmmmm you lucked out, whenever you get it lmk! I'm trying to see how soon I get it

Old 05-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

I don't know if I am or not, I got an offer for a Mustang GT hood for 250, but its blue so I will have to get it repainted white. I'll just have to see what I like better.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

That's not bad, but it all depends what you like I always go for what I picture best no if ands or buts

Old 05-03-2015, 08:17 PM   #31
Registered Member

Regular

Well, originally, that was the hood I was going for, the KR hood, but since I have changed my build, I am maybe going for a little more plain look, but I do love the vents in the GT hood.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, originally, that was the hood I was going for, the KR hood, but since I have changed my build, I am maybe going for a little more plain look, but I do love the vents in the GT hood.
Yea you had me thinking about doing that to. My build changes alot lol I have some gt500 parts but idk I want a unique style to.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430702735141.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	181738   Click image for larger version

Name:	1430702781751.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	181741  

Old 05-03-2015, 11:10 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisagordo31 View Post
Well my friend was talking to me about making mine forced inducted because I want to buy the cervini hood probably the stalker hood or the gt500 one.

Forced induction is very limited to this platform. You either build you a turbo kit, or procharger. Or go with what I want to do, a NA build. Bore the block, APR main hardware, MMR rods or a lightweight equivalent, maybe 12.5 compression, different cams, valve springs, bigger valves.

There is no roots style super charger available for these cars nor will there be one. The motor site too high on the engine bay
Old 05-03-2015, 11:25 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Forced induction is very limited to this platform. You either build you a turbo kit, or procharger. Or go with what I want to do, a NA build. Bore the block, APR main hardware, MMR rods or a lightweight equivalent, maybe 12.5 compression, different cams, valve springs, bigger valves.

There is no roots style super charger available for these cars nor will there be one. The motor site too high on the engine bay
Now that sounds like a plan! Dare I ask how much that is going to end up running you?
Old 05-03-2015, 11:41 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Pistons and rods are $1600 alone. Machine work is for everything and is $600. Hardware will be $600. New bearings are $8 a piece I know. So, a lot. Probably around $4000

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang