V6 Owners Help!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #1

Region: Florida
V6 Owners Help!!

The passenger seat is a serious problem, which I am not sure how to tackle. My V6 2014 is brand new but the passenger seat doesnt seem to have anything to move up the bottom seat. Whenever I have a passenger they seem to just sink in, while on my seat (drivers seat) there is a lever that fixes this problem. So my question to mustang evolution is what should I do about this or what have you guys done. It is extremely annoying in my opinion and would like an affordable solution! This is my first post so go easy on me, thanks!

Best Regards,
Brandon B.
BrandonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
V6 Owners Help!!

If because Mustangs were made to accommodate women only. Kind of like those rides where you get measured before going, well your passengers aren't tall enough to ride the ride 😂 lol I'm just kidding, people have had it adjustable. I would search online because I know it has been done. I hate that it is so low, even when I sit in it I have trouble looking out lol so my like 5 foot 5 inch girlfriend can't even see out the window.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:22 PM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
B,

get taller/lighter passengers =

welcome but except for that you are out of luck.
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ford makes an electric 6 way adjustable passenger seat as a option. I guess you could look into replacing yours with it. I'm afraid it will be pricey though. You could also just get a cushion to sit on for a few bucks.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
My 4 foot 11 inch wife can hardly even see over the dash..

I think it is a good thing because She can't see the stupid stuff I do
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
^^^my Love actually asked once "why is everyone else driving so slow?" I was wondering how to answer that when I could hear the light bulb over her head click on as she leaned over and looked at the speedometer and said "oh"
Old 05-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
^^^my Love actually asked once "why is everyone else driving so slow?" I was wondering how to answer that when I could hear the light bulb over her head click on as she leaned over and looked at the speedometer and said "oh"
Sadly she can lean over and see 0-60 so she knows when I am speeding lol.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Its an avg thing. The avg person in the US is 5'6"-5'7" So they adjust and make things as accordingly as possible. Then again you also bought a sport car and 99% of sport cars come with "low ridding" seats...sadly there is no easy fix.
You can unbolt the seat so you can add some nuts or washers to "jack up" the seat a little better. Otherwise there really isnt much else.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
It's too bad you didn't think look in to it before buying the car.
You have to get the comfort package to get passenger side power seats.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Phone book?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DRDMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I wish my drivers seat was lower. I feel like I'm sitting on top of my car
Old 05-02-2015, 01:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

A booster lol. Don't worry I can't even lean my elbow out the window ! Whenever I go back to my SN95 I feel like a giant.

GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:30 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
I hear ya. My 13 year old son has a love/hate battle with me driving him to school. He likes showing up in the pony but the seat swallows him enough that it sort of looks like he's in "the bucket". (You have to have kids to know 'the bucket'.)
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I think the Camaro is even worse ! It's like a bunker

Old 05-02-2015, 06:11 PM   #15
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I wonder if a 1/2"-1" block spacer could be fabricated to go between the floor and the rear seat mounting point. That could possibly raise the seat up enough to solve this issue with those that don't have the power passenger seat. You'd just need longer bolts for the rear mounting point to account for the spacer being there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCaMuscle View Post
Lol I think the Camaro is even worse ! It's like a bunker

Ugh I hate the newer Camaros. Had to move my mom's when I was visiting home. Visibility out EVERY window felt so restricted, seats sit way too low compared to the dash and side windows, blind spots everywhere!
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Lol a tanks visibility must be better than a Camaro. The side panel/ barrier covers everything ! I was about to test drive an SS Camaro.... I sat down and got right up I just couldn't, I wouldn't want that as a daily driver. When I complain about my 2015's visibility I remind myself that it is much better than the Camaro lol.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:07 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I have a challenger as well as the mustang and the challenger is even worse when it comes to the rear pillar blocking anything on the right side of the car.

I'd love to do the adjustable passenger seat but from what I've researched it is $$$
gkcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #18

Region: Nevada
I found this link on the power front passenger seat mod. Good luck! Passenger power seat conversion write up - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
estrellastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Well than again we chose to drive sports cars lol. We can't complain they aren't as bad as they were 20 years ago.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Why don't you buy her a cushion for the seat. A lot cheaper than putting in an electric seat or messing around to jack it up.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang