Fender stripes review/warning - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Fender stripes review/warning

So i put on the fender stripes on my 2014 oxford white mustang i put gloss black on this is one of the finishing touch mods to the exterior

The driver side went on very very easy i love the look. The passenger side with the antenna was hell.
It looks nasty cause i tried to cut a bit an fit it but it ripped when i laid it down so i had to play surgeon with the pieces of decal near the antenna it looks like garbage near the antenna but everywhere else was great.

I bought the parts from American muscle i really wish they included instructions on how to remove the antenna and put on the stripes so it is underneath it would look wonderful that way instead of just trying my best and botching it like so many others.

My warning is if you intend to put on these stripes the look great but research how to take off the whole antenna first
Im probably going to have to buy a new pair from am so thats another 80 dollars blown, this time ill take the antenna off completely then install. Ill post pictures this evening of the good the bad and the ugly...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
swhitfield2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I just put on stripes from Pro Motor Stripes they are decent they are the best but they get the job done plus they are in my home town! but i would give the quality a overall of 8/10 fender stripes from them run around 25$
Scott2byrd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Can you put some pictures up? I thought you were talking about the front fender hash marks but you're talking about one that goes by the antenna? Pics would help me understand lol

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2015, 12:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Ya sorry just been so busy hahah not the best pictures but i was in a tight parking spot haha

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430888549827.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	181969   Click image for larger version

Name:	1430888563233.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	181970  

Old 05-06-2015, 12:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Dang that looks horrible, I would definitely redo that it would drive me crazy.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by swhitfield2013 View Post
So i put on the fender stripes on my 2014 oxford white mustang i put gloss black on this is one of the finishing touch mods to the exterior

The driver side went on very very easy i love the look. The passenger side with the antenna was hell.
It looks nasty cause i tried to cut a bit an fit it but it ripped when i laid it down so i had to play surgeon with the pieces of decal near the antenna it looks like garbage near the antenna but everywhere else was great.

I bought the parts from American muscle i really wish they included instructions on how to remove the antenna and put on the stripes so it is underneath it would look wonderful that way instead of just trying my best and botching it like so many others.

My warning is if you intend to put on these stripes the look great but research how to take off the whole antenna first
Im probably going to have to buy a new pair from am so thats another 80 dollars blown, this time ill take the antenna off completely then install. Ill post pictures this evening of the good the bad and the ugly...

You can probably talk to AM about just buying the passenger side instead of having to blow the full $80.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like something I might have done after too many beers. Definitely a re-do.
You'll need an antennae bezel tool from A.M. Instructions on removal are listed under shorty antennae on their web sight.

Stripes look sharp though once corrected.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ya they do thanks for the advice ill look into the tool, i wasnt drunk although i did it in the dark not the best idea but didnt have enough time i thought i could lay it down spread it around the antenna and cut the excess with a exacto knife but i guess the blade was dull it stretched the material an made it rip in odd ways so i tried to play surgeon just so it looks good from a distance till i can fix it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang