Off road xpipe install/review - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2015, 12:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushMarlon831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 427
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Off road xpipe install/review

Install was exhausting lol . It took me forever with only a jack stand.
But I got it done. Sounds insanely loud paired with roush axle backs! I really regret it now. It's guna b a pain in the *** to put back the stock exhaust. Would taking of the roush and installing my stock mufflers quiet it down to were it is drivable and not that much of an attention grabber?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-05-2015, 01:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cooolbreeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Region: Arizona
Posts: 789
I don't know for sure but im thinking it would have to be a lot quieter. Roush is pretty dang loud to begin with. That really sucks that you don't like it but thanks for posting your experience.
Cooolbreeez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushMarlon831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 427
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
I don't know for sure but im thinking it would have to be a lot quieter. Roush is pretty dang loud to begin with. That really sucks that you don't like it but thanks for posting your experience.

I might just end up putting back the cats and everything. Yea it's way too loud, and there is no way I won't get pulled over even at normal driving speeds.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-05-2015, 04:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushMarlon831 View Post
Install was exhausting lol . It took me forever with only a jack stand.
But I got it done. Sounds insanely loud paired with roush axle backs! I really regret it now. It's guna b a pain in the *** to put back the stock exhaust. Would taking of the roush and installing my stock mufflers quiet it down to were it is drivable and not that much of an attention grabber?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
You're issue is not the X pipe. The issue is from those horrible sounding Roush axle backs. They have a horrible loud pitch and no wonder you don't like it. Sell those horrid Roush axle backs and problem solved.

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
The issue is actually the pairing of a loud AB with an off road X. It has to be paired with a quiet AB to try and balance the loud raspy mess that the off road X pipe will produce. Any loud AB will sound like a raspy mess paired with a off road X, Ataks, Pypes, Roush, the list is quite long.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:07 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushMarlon831 View Post
Install was exhausting lol . It took me forever with only a jack stand.
But I got it done. Sounds insanely loud paired with roush axle backs! I really regret it now. It's guna b a pain in the *** to put back the stock exhaust. Would taking of the roush and installing my stock mufflers quiet it down to were it is drivable and not that much of an attention grabber?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
A simple search before you bought the off road X would have pointed you towards loud/obnoxious/Raspy sound that you were going to get with that off road x paired with almost any AB, especially a loud AB that you have. If you still have your stockers it will help, exhaust notes are personal preference, but if your keeping the x you'll probably be investing in another set of ABs. I suggest going with a low key AB like magnaflow streets. YouTube can help you decide. Good luck.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushMarlon831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 427
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
A simple search before you bought the off road X would have pointed you towards loud/obnoxious/Raspy sound that you were going to get with that off road x paired with almost any AB, especially a loud AB that you have.

Sent from LG G3.

So you think by putting my stock mufflers on while leaving the off road x pipe will sound good?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushMarlon831 View Post
So you think by putting my stock mufflers on while leaving the off road x pipe will sound good?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Give it a try, it will definitely reduce the exhaust volume. Roush are great as a stand alone exhaust mod paired with shorty headers, but as soon as that mid pipe is replaced its all down hill.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011fastford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushMarlon831 View Post
So you think by putting my stock mufflers on while leaving the off road x pipe will sound good?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
it's gonna sound like ****... trust me
__________________

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushMarlon831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 427
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
it's gonna sound like ****... trust me

Damn, I guess I'll just go back to stock and leave it how it was


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:32 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Connor323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 146
Honestly you should try to trade your roush axleback for some Magnaflow streets. That'll probably be your best bet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Connor323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:37 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011fastford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 520
the roush exhaust has to be hands down the loudest available... it doesnt sound very good either.... i had it with bbk long tubes bbk off road x and the roush AB's made me wanna blow my brains out lol
__________________

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushMarlon831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 427
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor323 View Post
Honestly you should try to trade your roush axleback for some Magnaflow streets. That'll probably be your best bet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yea I didn't want to go through the trouble of putting back the cats and h pipe I removed cause it was a ***** so I wanted to go with my stock mufflers but if that doesn't do no good then Return to how it was


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
the roush exhaust has to be hands down the loudest available... it doesnt sound very good either.... i had it with bbk long tubes bbk off road x and the roush AB's made me wanna blow my brains out lol
I was going to go with LTS, off road x and Roush also, but after watching a few videos I quickly realized that it sounds like complete poop, ended up just doing shorties instead. If I decide to go with a h or x or even pro chambered my Roush will be replaced by streets or something along that line.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
the roush exhaust has to be hands down the loudest available... it doesnt sound very good either.... i had it with bbk long tubes bbk off road x and the roush AB's made me wanna blow my brains out lol
I was going to go with LTS, off road x and Roush also, but after watching a few videos I quickly realized that it sounds like complete poop, ended up just doing shorties instead. If I decide to go with a h or x or even pro chambered my Roush will be replaced by streets or something along that line. Imo options are limited to off set the poop the x will produce/magnify.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:53 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
The Roush axle backs sound like a$$ with the cats on. They sound even worse a$$ with the cats off.

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
RaceRed3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Tulsa
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 227
Ill buy the xpipe with the cat delete from ya
__________________
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:36 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
Just swap the roush's for something non chambered like magnaflow and also add some resignators to tone the weedwacker down
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:50 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Harm_3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Yuba City
Region: California
Posts: 351
I had a off-road H pipe with magnaflow comps and the off road H came off the next day. It was insanely loud but people get resonators welded to tame the rasp but idk how much that will help 😑. There's a couple videos on YouTube with roush exhaust and resonators. Check them out but I don't think the videos are filmed with a good mic but worth a try. 👍🏽


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Catonsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
Just swap the roush's for something non chambered like magnaflow and also add some resignators to tone the weedwacker down

This, swap in a quieter AB and have an exhaust shop weld in some resonators. The AB will tone the volume down and the resonators will control the angry bees some.
__________________
2013 SGM 3.7 | MPT Tune | JBA Titanium Ceramic Shorty Headers | MGW Gen 1 | Blowfish Street Bracket | BBK TB | 18" Charcoal AMR | FRPP 3.55 | BMR LCA | Steeda Panhard Bar | Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft |
mariusvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:06 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushMarlon831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 427
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed3.7 View Post
Ill buy the xpipe with the cat delete from ya
Make me an offer. They were brand new until I installed them yesterday. But their coming right off


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushMarlon831 View Post
Make me an offer. They were brand new until I installed them yesterday. But their coming right off


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I love the sound my BBK off road x pipe provides with my long tubes and flowmaster force II axle backs. Sweet music to my ears.

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
RaceRed3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Tulsa
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushMarlon831 View Post
Make me an offer. They were brand new until I installed them yesterday. But their coming right off


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ill do $200 shipped
__________________
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushMarlon831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Watsonville
Region: California
Posts: 427
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed3.7 View Post
Ill do $200 shipped

200 you pay shipping


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
OP, do you have headers or the stock mani's? If your selling the x a set of shorty headers would be a nice addition to any exhaust set up. Thumbs.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Sorry to ask but I recently installed bbk lt with x pipe and I have two codes thrown even with a tune on. I have the bbk 6 wire 02 extensions

P219a bank 1 airfield ratio imbalance

P2237 02 sensor positive current control circuit open bank 1 sensor 1


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post
Sorry to ask but I recently installed bbk lt with x pipe and I have two codes thrown even with a tune on. I have the bbk 6 wire 02 extensions

P219a bank 1 airfield ratio imbalance

P2237 02 sensor positive current control circuit open bank 1 sensor 1


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Welcome to the club bro. You will get used to that bull****. I get the same f ing code for 02 sensor for years now. This seems to be a common issue with our bbk headers and off road x pipe.

The good news is, your car is fine, its all bull**** and the computer keeps throwing the codes. The bad news is its annoying as ***** and I can't seem to find away to stop this bull*****. I have been told the 02 sensor extenders are to blame for this. The problem I'm having is connecting the factory harness into the 02 sensor without using the extender.

People on here say it can be done and I fully believe them but my buddy and I have not seen a way to do this.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Here is my 02 sensor bull crap.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440553196763.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	190072  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Welcome to the club bro. You will get used to that bull****. I get the same f ing code for 02 sensor for years now. This seems to be a common issue with our bbk headers and off road x pipe.

The good news is, your car is fine, its all bull**** and the computer keeps throwing the codes. The bad news is its annoying as ***** and I can't seem to find away to stop this bull*****. I have been told the 02 sensor extenders are to blame for this. The problem I'm having is connecting the factory harness into the 02 sensor without using the extender.

People on here say it can be done and I fully believe them but my buddy and I have not seen a way to do this.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
Damn... you sure it's reading good though? On the race tune I can hear a random little missfire... so I have it on the street v2 but jeez it's bad... have you tried another brand of extensions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:38 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post
Damn... you sure it's reading good though? On the race tune I can hear a random little missfire... so I have it on the street v2 but jeez it's bad... have you tried another brand of extensions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I only have tried BBK extenders. What other brand extenders would fit on the BBK's?

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:36 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I only have tried BBK extenders. What other brand extenders would fit on the BBK's?

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
Idk to be honest, but I'll start searching. Something may be throwing the code, I know others that have used other brand headers don't get the code

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:42 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I only have tried BBK extenders. What other brand extenders would fit on the BBK's?

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
It might also be a bad o2 sensor that can't read the higher flow. I look up ntk o2 performance sensor and seems like people with our same problem bought them and solve the cel light

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:12 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post
It might also be a bad o2 sensor that can't read the higher flow. I look up ntk o2 performance sensor and seems like people with our same problem bought them and solve the cel light

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Have it. I replaced my factory 02 with the NTK 02 snesor. 👍

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:47 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
ebgonzalez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Have it. I replaced my factory 02 with the NTK 02 snesor. 👍

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
And it still sends you codes? Would you get codes from both sensors I only get it from the passanger side sensor 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"Just a lil Sixxer...."
ebgonzalez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:04 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1 View Post
And it still sends you codes? Would you get codes from both sensors I only get it from the passanger side sensor 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I ONLY get the one code. Its always on the drivers side front 02 sensor.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 2011+ Mustang FS: Pypes off-road Xpipe and Speedmaster Long Tube Headers $530 + shipp HPFury Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 8 11-20-2014 01:31 AM
Off road x install?? Oxwhite5oh 2011-2014 Mustang GT 9 10-28-2014 08:24 PM
Off-road x-pipe install notes and video Napoleon85 2011-2014 Mustang GT 12 07-25-2013 08:13 AM
Off road h pipe install C_Dailey95 2005-2010 Mustang GT 5 06-16-2013 11:25 AM
Off road x pipe vs off road h pipe? Sppankyy 2005-2010 Mustang GT 13 11-06-2012 12:27 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:01 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.