Heat wave on Driver side - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Heat wave on Driver side

Hello folks,

I've been experiencing some unusual heat coming from the driver side only.

It feels as if you are standing behind your Fridge and you can feel the heat transfer going on.

Should there be like a heat barrier between the engine side and the driver/passenger cabin?

Some guy told me there should be a firewall, will that include the heat shield as well?

Thank you,
IS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
Kevin.Cook

This is new. Have you tried placing your hand at different places to see if the heat was stronger at some places? Like near the cluster or floor? And did you make sure your heater was off? better not be trolling. Lol jk
Old 05-06-2015, 07:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Standard transmission? Is the transmission tunnel thats getting hot? Thats normal.
The firewall is between the engine bay and the cabin, but there should be some sort of insulation between the transmission tunnel and cabin, but the exhaust and transmission are very hot, so you will feel some heat.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2015, 12:05 PM   #4
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
This is new. Have you tried placing your hand at different places to see if the heat was stronger at some places? Like near the cluster or floor? And did you make sure your heater was off? better not be trolling. Lol jk
I can feel the heat on my left side by the hood latch opener. and no the heater was not on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Standard transmission? Is the transmission tunnel thats getting hot? Thats normal.
The firewall is between the engine bay and the cabin, but there should be some sort of insulation between the transmission tunnel and cabin, but the exhaust and transmission are very hot, so you will feel some heat.
Yes, it is a standard transmission. Ill take pictures later to show the underside by the pedal, i feel like the cut out is big where i can see the metal frame between engine and cabin. Not sure if that is normal though.
IS3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang