Tuner Updates - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-08-2015, 07:06 AM   #1
Kevin.Cook

Tuner Updates

Just wanting to remind everyone to always check for updates for your SCT tuners. I updated mine in March. Last night I plugged it in just to check and it needed over 170 updates. Make sure you return your car to stock before updating (it will remind you also).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2015, 07:44 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Just wanting to remind everyone to always check for updates for your SCT tuners. I updated mine in March. Last night I plugged it in just to check and it needed over 170 updates. Make sure you return your car to stock before updating (it will remind you also).
Thanks for posting this up Kevin. I really can't stress it enough that it's real important to keep an eye out for updates. Think of it being just like updating the software on your mobile device, tablet, laptop etc. By keeping your device up to date it's going to greatly cut down on the chance of issues popping up as they "can" be problematic from time to time.
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Is there any advantage to updating? Or is it just a way to fix problems with the device?
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2015, 08:20 AM   #4
Kevin.Cook

Alex, by applying these updates. Are they updates for the tunes on the device or the device itself. As in, will it smooth out the way the car runs/performs?
Old 05-08-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Hello

My car runs fine so tell me why I should update?

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #6
Kevin.Cook

JUST BECAUSE!....lol just kidding. Maybe Alex/AM can shed some light on your question.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #7
Kevin.Cook

I will say, just because it is running fine, does not mean it is running the best it could be.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
I will say, just because it is running fine, does not mean it is running the best it could be.
Updating now! Said 178 files man! Lol
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #9
Kevin.Cook

This will help with learning that getting "by" or "fine" isn't "great" or "fantastic".

Old 05-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #10
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Alex, by applying these updates. Are they updates for the tunes on the device or the device itself. As in, will it smooth out the way the car runs/performs?
Quote:
JUST BECAUSE!....lol just kidding. Maybe Alex/AM can shed some light on your question.
This is primarily for the device itself and it will have zero effect on the way it's preforming. If the device isn't up to date and you have a habit of switching back and forth every time you're putting gas in it could throw a small wrench into the mix. Again - Think of it like keeping your personal devices up to date - They'll aid in the speed and consistency along with ensuring that problems wont arise.

Hope this helps!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-12-2015, 02:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
This is primarily for the device itself and it will have zero effect on the way it's preforming. If the device isn't up to date and you have a habit of switching back and forth every time you're putting gas in it could throw a small wrench into the mix. Again - Think of it like keeping your personal devices up to date - They'll aid in the speed and consistency along with ensuring that problems wont arise.

Hope this helps!
Follow up question Alex. when was the last update to BAMA tunes? Just want to make sure I have the latest and greatest
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Hello

So these updates are software updates for the tuner device?

If so I will wait until I update my cars performance tune before updating the tuner.

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:55 PM   #13
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
Follow up question Alex. when was the last update to BAMA tunes? Just want to make sure I have the latest and greatest
Hey - I'm not sure I'm following you on this regarding their tunes or your specific tune but you should have V2 on your device screen! If you're not seeing it shoot the Bama Team a call directly and they can verify it for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2673ad View Post
Hello

So these updates are software updates for the tuner device?

If so I will wait until I update my cars performance tune before updating the tuner.

That it is correct sir and that's a great idea to do so! I haven't taken my car off the Race Tune in a long, long time (it's not driven daily) but when I'm getting a revision or logging I'll make damn sure to have the firmware updated. It just drops the chances of any hiccups. 99% of issues loading/swapping tunes are directly related to the firmware.

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Be careful if you have a "Custom Tune" on your car.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I wish!!! Got my last tune well over 18 months ago and even then I had to use a buddy's computer since I have a Mac. Now he even has one so I'm pretty much sitting on unlimited tunes I can not ever update. FML

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey - I'm not sure I'm following you on this regarding their tunes or your specific tune but you should have V2 on your device screen! If you're not seeing it shoot the Bama Team a call directly and they can verify it for you!

That it is correct sir and that's a great idea to do so! I haven't taken my car off the Race Tune in a long, long time (it's not driven daily) but when I'm getting a revision or logging I'll make damn sure to have the firmware updated. It just drops the chances of any hiccups. 99% of issues loading/swapping tunes are directly related to the firmware.

Alex

Is it bad to leave a daily driver on the race tune?

2013 Black Mustang 3.7, Pony package, cold weather package, Borla Ataks, Bama 93R tune, SR Performance strut tower brace
austin3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #17
Kevin.Cook

Well, so far my car has been on the race tune for 3 months and no issues. I have the premium cluster for my 2014 so i watch the gauges off and on (air/fuel ratio, etc). Everything seems normal. Car is just a bit more aggressive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-13-2015, 07:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've been running a race tune for over a year and no problems what so ever to report thus far.

Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have a quick question i have my new tunes sent via email. But my tuner isn't updated can i still load the new tunes to the sct downloader without returning my car to stock?

Simple becuase my current tune is set to stock gears and my new tune is for for gears i haven't installed yet but soon. Though i like my 93r until then and don't wanna return it to stock and update until i know my new gears will be installed.

Black 2008 Decepticon GT "If it ain't hooking, it ain't booking" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:20 PM   #20
Kevin.Cook

Yes but you are open to the probability of issues. Best just to stay up to date.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Yes but you are open to the probability of issues. Best just to stay up to date.

So basically if i return my car to stock and update. Then download the new Updated 93.91.87 tunes i will lose my current 93.91.87 files right or does it stay on my tuner?

Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #22
Kevin.Cook

The updates wont remove any tunes from your tuner.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:24 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
I have a quick question i have my new tunes sent via email. But my tuner isn't updated can i still load the new tunes to the sct downloader without returning my car to stock?

Simple becuase my current tune is set to stock gears and my new tune is for for gears i haven't installed yet but soon. Though i like my 93r until then and don't wanna return it to stock and update until i know my new gears will be installed.

The old tunes will still remain on your device. Also, if you were to use one of your new tunes, you have the option of changing the gear ratio before loading the tune. Even though they're automatically programmed on the 'new' gear ratio, it's an option that you can manipulate yourself and change to whatever gear ratio you want.

Essentially, if the only difference between your old tune and new tune is the gear ratio, you could continue using your old tune file after getting your gears installed. You'd just have to reload that same old tune file and change the "AXLE RATIO" setting to your new value before continuing.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:04 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

Right!!! Sit tight until you get your gears done.

Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:15 PM   #25
Kevin.Cook

Friendly reminder for everyone to update their tuner again. Plugged mine in to load the MPT tune and the device needed 182 more updates.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:10 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
UPDATE TUNER

My problem with Tuner Updates is my Tune is "Custom" and it seems as if Updates will try to delete my Tune that is Stored.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
If it ain't broke... I've never had an issue with my tuner and it's been reliable so I don't really see a need to change it. Granted I don't change my tunes either, have a dialed in tune and run that full time.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #28
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Anyone here updating their device's firmware or only the software updates?
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #29
Kevin.Cook

I had to do my firmware also. Had to return to Stock first. But that part I was ok with since I had to load the MPT tune anyways.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:01 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I've never been told to return to stock. Got 2 new firmware updates and 180 software updates. Went out and reloaded street tune. Then got V2 tunes and loaded the performance tune. Much more aggressive. Why do we have to return to stock?
2012 Pony Pkg 3.7 convertible, MPT tuned, 4.10's, Dynotech 3.5" DS, Borla Touring axle backs, BBK 73mm TB and ceramic shorties, Whiteline sway bars and UCA/LCA with relocation brackets, BMR adj. PHB and brace, Steeda CAI, CE frame braces, Bilstein shocks, H&R race springs, SS brake lines, full HID, GT 500 gauge pod with gauges and misc. exterior upgrades
pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #31
Kevin.Cook

Idk, it is just what the software prompts before updating.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:11 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Idk, it is just what the software prompts before updating.
I use the bama x4 sct tuner and it uses wifi to update itself doesn't go through the x3 software, unless I'm putting on NEW tunes.
2012 Pony Pkg 3.7 convertible, MPT tuned, 4.10's, Dynotech 3.5" DS, Borla Touring axle backs, BBK 73mm TB and ceramic shorties, Whiteline sway bars and UCA/LCA with relocation brackets, BMR adj. PHB and brace, Steeda CAI, CE frame braces, Bilstein shocks, H&R race springs, SS brake lines, full HID, GT 500 gauge pod with gauges and misc. exterior upgrades
pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang