Ready to take the plunge - Diablo Trinity or Bama Livewire?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:08 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Ready to take the plunge - Diablo Trinity or Bama Livewire??

I've been putting off the Tuner for my 14' V6 and I think it may be the time. If the thing had been $500 instead of $600, I would have taken the plunge last year. It's down to the Diablo Trinity or the Livewire. Pretty sure I'm going to go though AM and Bama. The free tunes for life is nice and Alex Lazerus from AM on the forums here really looks to be trying to take care of customers.

I'm wanting the tuner and have narrowed my choices down to these two because I want track apps type options as well. I don't like the plastic look of the Diablo T-1000 but have read that the Livewire has some touch screen issues.

Comments welcomed. $600 clams is too much to hide from the wife and if I'm gonna get in trouble I want to make sure it's worth it. Thoughts anyone?
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have a Bama x4 and love it. Very simple to use, great customer service, and free tunes for life!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Is the Bama x4 the standard hand held? Looking for track apps too.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Leaning toward the Bama Livewire TS. Anyone have any direct experience with this unit?
Old 05-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have a Livewire TS, and I have had 0 problems with mine, mine is about 3-4 years old so far.The menu system to select the gauges are a little tricky to learn, but other than that I love it. I can take pics of it if you need me to.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Thanks Alucard. Have you had an opportunity to need any updated tunes yet? How did that work out if I can press you a bit?
Old 05-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

You have a program called SCT Device updater, and all you do is keep your tunes in a folder on your desktop and plug your tuner in, and just transfer them over to the tuner and vice versa to take them off the tuner. You update the firmwire on the tuner the same way, using the program, it runs autoupdates. As far as the actual tunes go, they are about the same as always, I have never had a problem with any Bama tunes.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Good deal thanks. I just ran across the new Livewire TS unit at MPT Performance. They have the Livewire TS 5015 Plus unit. AM only has the 5015. Looks like OBD2 connection relocated to rear of unit and it turns off with key out of ignition (no delay) are big changes. Since most all my perf mods are done free tunes for life may not be such a deciding factor after all.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:51 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

No prob. The only thing I disliked was the mounting hardware, your better off with a gps style you pick up for like 25 bucks I think. It was adequate, I guess, but not great. But like I said I got mine in like 2012, so they may have changed it since then.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
SCT is the way to go, when you get Diablo you're limiting yourself tuning options

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #11
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
I've been putting off the Tuner for my 14' V6 and I think it may be the time. If the thing had been $500 instead of $600, I would have taken the plunge last year. It's down to the Diablo Trinity or the Livewire. Pretty sure I'm going to go though AM and Bama. The free tunes for life is nice and Alex Lazerus from AM on the forums here really looks to be trying to take care of customers.

I'm wanting the tuner and have narrowed my choices down to these two because I want track apps type options as well. I don't like the plastic look of the Diablo T-1000 but have read that the Livewire has some touch screen issues.

Comments welcomed. $600 clams is too much to hide from the wife and if I'm gonna get in trouble I want to make sure it's worth it. Thoughts anyone?
Thanks for the kind words. Just like I said in my PM's it's a great unit, has a lot of bells and whistles if you're looking to have diagnostics like this right in front but the price is something that just rubs me wrong. It's a great product but for the day to day I'm soft on the SCT X4, It's more than enough!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:54 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Ordered the Livewire earlier. I'll get back to everyone with a report. For my part, I really wished my car had track apps and the Livewire tuner was the next best thing to it. I choose to look at it as was it worth another 200 bucks to have those features on top of the tuner. For me, it was. Looking forward to my toy and hope the mailman is on point for the weekend.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang