Got pulled over! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Just get a normal radar detector lol. Around 100$ and up they work great. I wudnt trust a cheaper one though

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2015, 06:57 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
**Sorry guys that this post is long but I wanted to give my real world experience (we're on the same team as Mustang enthusiasts).
I recently retired after 20 years from a pretty large law enforcement agency in which I did traffic unit..on a motorcycle. ALL I did was chase speeders and work serious and fatal crashes.
If I was stopping you, I was already positive you were guilty. If I had any doubt it wasn't you I saw doing what I saw you doing, I waited a whole 5 minutes and sure enough....there would be another dumbazz soon enough.
It was so refreshingly nice to have people be honest and forthcoming that I frequently let those ones go or at the least gave them a large break. I can't tell you how frustrating it is when 95 percent of people blatantly caught doing way over the limit, lie, or act like they had no clue, or worse yet...told me I was lying or got the wrong car.
I even let a good few go that were triple digits (on a long straight interstate highway) that stepped right up and said "Yeah, you got me!, I was having some fun...but look what I'm driving!"
*I never approached a car and said " Do you know why I pulled you over" That's an unprofessional way to start the traffic interaction and they don't teach you to do that, it's picked up as a habit by some cops and I don't know why. It begins a chance for there to be an argument back and forth.
My method was to approach, introduce myself and my agency and tell you exactly why I stopped you and ask for your driver license etc.
There's no bonus and you don't win a free toaster for more speeding tickets turned in. I could just as easy write a non moving expired insurance card ticket (most people get them in the mail every 6 months and don't put the new one in their car).
There's no quotas but, remember, just like ANY job, you don't want to be THAT guy at the end of a work day that has nothing to show for a 10 hour shift in which you are supposed to be enforcing traffic laws. There just has to be tickets unfortunelty.
Imagine running into your lieutenant at the end of a day and he says.." How was your day?" And your response is.."Awesome!, everyone was soooo nice and I asked everybody to slow down and they said they would!" "Tommorow, I'm going to ask people to stop running red lights!"
So, long story short...to a lot of cops, it does make a big difference when you're non confrontational, upfront, honest and even ask for a break or lesser ticket. If you've already got a big history of tickets and arrests....then this may not ever work though.
Be careful out there
My Department gave out comp time instead of bonuses. I also have 12 blenders, 14 microwaves and many sets of glasses.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Some States have speed Cameras- Get ticket in the mail
Some States have Red Light Cameras - Get ticket in the Mail

It is not right, It is not how it is supposed to be in America, ( Guilty without proof) a Picture can be totally wrong under certain circumstances. If you try to dispute the ticket they can triple your fine. No actual Judge but a Magistrate type gestapo thug that gets paid out of your fine. YES, THEY GET A PERCENTAGE OF YOUR "FINE" Do you actually think you stand a chance????? I don't think so.
I know here in Florida if you get a lawyer $100.00 to go with you, the magistrate just dismisses the case, (Still costed you 100 bucks)
It is gonna get worse in the future so bend over America -This is gonna hurt !!!
Ronnie
You need to cut down on some of those controlled substances you have been taking Ronnie.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #74
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
Look at my signature.... lol
Mud likes your sig....

props for admitting
Old 08-10-2015, 10:47 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Got pulled over!

I always figured if I were a cop (I'm not, never have been, probably never will be) and I pulled over someone with a radar detector for speeding, that's an automatic ticket. To me, a radar detector is proof you are intentionally breaking the law and trying to not get caught.

My very few dealings with state police have given me nothing but respect for them. I've been pulled over twice for speeding in 12 years of driving by state patrolmen and no tickets from them. Both times my speeding was an honest mistake (truck got a little heavy going downhill and the other I merged off an on ramp and forgot to hit resume on cruise control).

Now city cops- I got pulled over once for speeding and got a ticket there and I'm still mad about it. One of those I realized I was speeding - I got off work late and was trying to make it to class - I took off too quickly from a stop sign, realized I was speeding, slowed down, but I had already been spotted. $260 later to keep it off my record... And that cop was 100% jerk.

I'll also mention when I lived in St. Joseph, MO they had traffic cameras at red lights and mailed tickets. It got turned over by state Supreme Court. What got me is the city paid a very large percentage of ticket revenue to the company who provided cameras- I think they made more money off it than the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dwbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
My Department gave out comp time instead of bonuses. I also have 12 blenders, 14 microwaves and many sets of glasses.
You need to have a yard sale and liquidate some of that "booty"...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:38 PM   #77
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Mud likes your sig....

props for admitting

I don't like my sig.... Who says I admit it? That's just the "alleged" speed.... Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang