Got pulled over! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Got pulled over!

Had to show my friend what these new 3.37 gears paired up with a bama tune could do so I did a nice little burnout on my way home on a empty side street and wouldn't you know just about 200 yards down the road a cop pulled out and flashed me. So I pulled over really quick, took my keys out of my ignition and got my registration, license and insurance all ready. He came to my window and asked for my info which I gave him and I apologized and said I was just having a little fun. He went back to his car and for sure I thought I was getting a reckless driving/excessive acceleration ticket. After 5 min he came back and said in a laughing manner that I needed to change my license pic (which was from when I was 15) and told me to have a good night. Pheww! Dodged a bullet and feeling great. Thought I'd share it because there still are those cops out there that'll let you off!

2014 Mustang V6, Sterling Grey, Borla S Type's, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, Bama tune, GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Strut Bar, MMD Classic Louvers
ScottDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Never ever apologize to a cop. You are admitting guilt and 9 times out of 10 you will get a ticket.

Glad you got off though, just remember there's a time and place for everything
Old 05-14-2015, 12:03 AM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHJA614 View Post
Never ever apologize to a cop. You are admitting guilt and 9 times out of 10 you will get a ticket.

seems like in his case it worked.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
In my case it got what I'm sure would have been reckless, expired tags, and illegal tint, down to speeding.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
seems like in his case it worked.
True and I'm not saying all the time lol. Just for instance when my Dad was younger he had a 69 firebird 400 and was doing well into the 100s on a country road and the sheriffs station was near by and a cop heard his car and found him a tried to get him to confess. Obviously he didnt but if my dad would have apologized there's a free pass to a ticket lol. Especially with something like Reckless driving like OP would have gotten
Old 05-14-2015, 01:32 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
if you were fast you wouldnt have got pulled over

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
if you were fast you wouldnt have got pulled over

Quote is all needed lol

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
Quote is all needed lol

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

Be nice and respect the cop no matter what crime you commit and he will see the real you and base his judgements off your attitude and 75% depending on the clothing you wear, and how sincere your apology is they will be nice if they are not a jealous person lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:17 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Laquisha has it right guys. In the academy they are taught you give a lecture or a ticket but not both. Be polite, which starts dialogue, which prompts him to explain why you got pulled. The more explanation the less likely you are to get a ticket (assuming you are cooperative, polite and weren't doing doughnuts in the mall food court.)
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:26 AM   #10
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:

In fact it's a good idea to insult their mother.....

9/10 times we ARE guilty as mentioned already be polite and respectful hands in sight mayhap you'll get a break like OP.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:52 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The law is brought up by the government. The government is just a big misconception that's brought to you by our schooling programs. Government = dictators, decisions, money, power.

Well guess what?
The people are the government.
Yeah YOU. Your part of the government. U as a person, of the United States of America.

That's why we have RIGHTS.

Laws are only placed on top of us for recirculation of currency in the Americas. Government is brought good. Not bad.

Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:04 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
The American government system and criminal justice system is a ****ing joke to me.

No offense to any veteran. I greatly appreciate your service. But

Our government has kept us in several wars over the years way longer than we needed to be. We're always helping other country's after a hurricane or other disaster. Who helped us with Katrina? Not a single country. Hmm. No one else cares enough for us to help out and yet we help them all out as needed this digging us more and more into a financial money bit of debt on the global scale.
We need to take care of ourself before others imo.

20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:57 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
**Sorry guys that this post is long but I wanted to give my real world experience (we're on the same team as Mustang enthusiasts).
I recently retired after 20 years from a pretty large law enforcement agency in which I did traffic unit..on a motorcycle. ALL I did was chase speeders and work serious and fatal crashes.
If I was stopping you, I was already positive you were guilty. If I had any doubt it wasn't you I saw doing what I saw you doing, I waited a whole 5 minutes and sure enough....there would be another dumbazz soon enough.
It was so refreshingly nice to have people be honest and forthcoming that I frequently let those ones go or at the least gave them a large break. I can't tell you how frustrating it is when 95 percent of people blatantly caught doing way over the limit, lie, or act like they had no clue, or worse yet...told me I was lying or got the wrong car.
I even let a good few go that were triple digits (on a long straight interstate highway) that stepped right up and said "Yeah, you got me!, I was having some fun...but look what I'm driving!"
*I never approached a car and said " Do you know why I pulled you over" That's an unprofessional way to start the traffic interaction and they don't teach you to do that, it's picked up as a habit by some cops and I don't know why. It begins a chance for there to be an argument back and forth.
My method was to approach, introduce myself and my agency and tell you exactly why I stopped you and ask for your driver license etc.
There's no bonus and you don't win a free toaster for more speeding tickets turned in. I could just as easy write a non moving expired insurance card ticket (most people get them in the mail every 6 months and don't put the new one in their car).
There's no quotas but, remember, just like ANY job, you don't want to be THAT guy at the end of a work day that has nothing to show for a 10 hour shift in which you are supposed to be enforcing traffic laws. There just has to be tickets unfortunelty.
Imagine running into your lieutenant at the end of a day and he says.." How was your day?" And your response is.."Awesome!, everyone was soooo nice and I asked everybody to slow down and they said they would!" "Tommorow, I'm going to ask people to stop running red lights!"
So, long story short...to a lot of cops, it does make a big difference when you're non confrontational, upfront, honest and even ask for a break or lesser ticket. If you've already got a big history of tickets and arrests....then this may not ever work though.
Be careful out there
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:04 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Wish more cops in my state where like this guy ^^^. Kudos to you.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:00 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Also, traffic cops like to do their job for various reasons, a lot of times it's hard to get on that unit because
it's better..no more domestics and bar fights, no more 10 page burglary reports etc. A few are just nasty people, idk how they stay employed but they're at any job. Some have kids and see the bad crashes and want to just make a difference.
But remember, they're just a dude like you and me. It actually works if you politely say " Hey officer, I know you don't have to but...I'm so strapped right now, I'm barely making ends meet and that ticket would put me so far under right now.is there any way you can give me some leniency or work with me on this?"
They have bills and mortgages too, they understand.
They also like to have a smooth non stressful day. The cops that write the big tickets all the time, get more complaint phone calls to their bosses. And then you have to explain every single one. If you can walk in the office with a fist full of tickets (lesser ones or non moving and a few well deserved big ones) and the boss didn't get any phone calls all day, you look like an ideal employee and also retain respect and some level of appreciation from the public.
Make it easy for him to chose you to be one of the ones he turns loose and chats about your car with.
+disclaimer....None of this applies to those random true turd head cops that are just plain old doosh bags.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:10 AM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20prima10 View Post
Wish more cops in my state where like this guy ^^^. Kudos to you.

Ditto. Unfortunately it seems like s lot of the troopers in my state have picked up those bad habits.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #17
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
That's awesome!

The other day I was coming home from the airport after a nice long redeye flight from San Diego to Baltimore. My ezpass fell down so when I went to grab it I swerved a bit.

Cop pulled me over, took my license and registration to his car. When he came back he kindly said to get home safely and have a good night.

Not all cops are bad cops.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I had a cop pull me over one on my crotch rocket. Oh wait just kidding

Old 05-14-2015, 08:27 AM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
In fact it's a good idea to insult their mother.....

9/10 times we ARE guilty as mentioned already be polite and respectful hands in sight mayhap you'll get a break like OP.
I heard they get a good laugh if you try to grab their gun....
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:31 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Got pulled over!

Agreed about good cops... When I first got my license I had a 2000 5speed v6 stang and was teaching my girlfriend to drive in a parking lot after curfew 😁 Little did I think about she didnt have her license but I thought "hey its an empty parking lot, no big deal" right when my girlfriend gets in the driver seat literally 10 seconds after, a cop pulls up with his spotlight on us. Scariest moment of my life, told me to get out of my car and join him in his car in the passenger seat. He seemed like he was fresh out of the academy and said "Look man, I know you're just trying to impress the ladies, trust me I had a camaro in High School, just take her home and we'll forget this ever happened" 👍

Old 05-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

It helps to apologize and admit your mistake I had a cop pull me over for going 65 in a 30 residential zone, I explained my situation and he let me go with a warning. He said and I quote " I don't want your mom paying for your dumbass mistake." I was 18 and in a SUV. My moms a teacher, and I was unemployed and in college at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
wmelendez13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I was speeding and failed to yield at a red light when turning right.

I was extremely polite and asked him why he pulled me over, he explained, made sure I was up to date on everything, and told me to have a good night.

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Oops, double post.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Wrong - Wrong- Wrong - Wrong

When a police officer stops you it is your duty to throw that drivers door open and run up the street as fast as your legs will carry you.

I have been seeing people do this a lot on the nightly news media.
I personally can not see a point in doing this because your car is still there.
I do see a few getting shot but it seems it is not the runners fault. It is the cops fault for shooting someone that may have just hijacked that car or robbed someone.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:33 PM   #25
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

He told you to have a good night the second time too King?
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:04 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

It's considered polite and respectful to stare at the officers gun the whole time, never making eye contact, just look at his holster and ask lots of questions about what caliber it is and if it's a Glock. Interrupt him if he tries to shift the conversation to some traffic violation.
He will know you're a good dude then and prolly let you hold it.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #27
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thank you Mister Waylap1

Ya just gotta love Chris Rock,
I really had a good laugh at the video. "PERFECT" but "TRUE"
Ronnie
Old 05-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
You are a lucky guy. careful out there!
Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:11 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
He told you to have a good night the second time too King?
Of course, same situation, but different officer.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:14 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Laquisha has it right guys. In the academy they are taught you give a lecture or a ticket but not both. Be polite, which starts dialogue, which prompts him to explain why you got pulled. The more explanation the less likely you are to get a ticket (assuming you are cooperative, polite and weren't doing doughnuts in the mall food court.)

That's pretty accurate, especially the way I got pulled over last time. Lectured and disciplined. But no ticket or warning. Very very surprised,

So to the retired motorcycle cop... Why is when someone gets pulled over by one cop. 3 or 4 more units need to surround the scene. Just curious, I could see for some instances require it.
It happened to me on time, just a random speeding incident. 5 mins later there were 3 more units on side of road. Like a pack of wolves.

dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:36 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
That's pretty accurate, especially the way I got pulled over last time. Lectured and disciplined. But no ticket or warning. Very very surprised,

So to the retired motorcycle cop... Why is when someone gets pulled over by one cop. 3 or 4 more units need to surround the scene. Just curious, I could see for some instances require it.
It happened to me on time, just a random speeding incident. 5 mins later there were 3 more units on side of road. Like a pack of wolves.

Usually occurs at night. You hear your buddy do a traffic stop and if you're not busy, you head that way. The other guys are thinking the same thing. So sometimes more than one shows up to make sure buddy number 1 is ok. Inevitably it turns into a chit chat, hang out session if it's not busy and you haven't seen each other for an hour or two. Kind of a hey whatcha been up to thing. Sergeants and more experienced officers usually tell everyone else that tries to pull over with them, that they're fine, (if it truly appears they don't need back up after initial contact) That way it isn't perceived by other passing motorists as a nazi road party.
Some guys are meek so to say and have trouble initiating stops and arrests but they back up the more aggressive ones and look like they're doing police work. They would rather appear busy backing someone up, and a burglary in progress call gets dispatched to someone else. Or a domestic, where they might have to step out of their shell and make decisions or be physical. There really are officers out there like that, you would never know it unless you were with one and getting your azz handed to you.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:13 AM   #32
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Some of the things waylap1 left out

Here in Florida it is for the police officers safety. To many cops being shot on a stupid simple traffic stop.
To many jumping out of the car and running.
One will keep an eye on a passenger while the other checks out the driver or issues a ticket.
If probable cause, One will watch everybody while the other searches the vehicle.
It is always better to have two officers in this day & age.
This is City and County Police.
***************************************************************************************

State Troopers are usually all alone and seem to be shot and killed for it. There are really not enough State police. At rare time they will call a county to back them up. They better have probable cause to do that though.

What needs to happen is they really need two officers in a patrol car at all times like they did years ago.
Ronnie
Old 05-15-2015, 07:16 AM   #33
Staff

Regular
Staff

^=$
Old 05-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Got pulled over!

Yea I get that now, makes sense. So I think someone may mentioned it before, let's just say someone is cruising around and cop pulls over for suspicion of doing something or says oh we saw you speeding. Don't they have to prove it? Can they give a ticket base on a hunch

dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #35
Staff

Regular
Staff

Not if you're white.............

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang