Rear Sway Bar End Link Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Rear Sway Bar End Link Question

So recently I replaced my sway bar bushing to see if I could solve a squeak. That didnt work, so I found a video with the same sound as mine and he found out it was the end links on the sway bar. I was gonna try to use penetrating oil to see if I can narrow it down, Ill do that this afternoon. The question I have for you guys is on the fordparts website the part is $35+ for 1 end link. On american muscle they have one that looks the exact same but its for 2005-2010 I was wondering if there is a size difference. They are only $15 for 1 so half the price of fordparts. I hear something about 22mm and 24mm. Someone please help me clarify. I have the 2013 v6 base.
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The chassis is the same between the 05-10 cars and ours, but the sway bar diameter is different, that's what the 22mm and 24mm represent.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Also the PP cars have a larger diameter rear sway bar.

Why not go aftermarket? The Ford links are under engineered and will squeak again. Took me some trial and error, but found that the Steeda end links with a layer of Teflon sheet between the bar and the bushing has worked quite well.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Also the PP cars have a larger diameter rear sway bar.

Why not go aftermarket? The Ford links are under engineered and will squeak again. Took me some trial and error, but found that the Steeda end links with a layer of Teflon sheet between the bar and the bushing has worked quite well.
Alright sweet send me a link ill look into it. I just bought my girlfriend an expensive gift so have to wait a week or so to get them. Is there a temporary sqeak fix i can do? Grease or something?
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
Old 05-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You could also try a liberal application on silicone grease.

MOTM winner May 2015 "Best mods Mustang". Please View my Garage for complete details on modifications.
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:29 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Here are the Steeda parts: Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Rear Endlinks - Made in the USA 555-1060 | Free Shipping!. During assembly, use a liberal application of Energy Suspension lube at a minimum. I also got some 5-mil Teflon sheet from McMaster-Carr, cut two strips (each 2" wide by about 6" long), and wrapped each strip around the bar before installing the bushing and link. That way, even if the lube dries up, there's still the Teflon to keep things moving smoothly without squeaking.

It'll be hard to make things quiet for more than a day or two without full disassembly.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 05-19-2015, 11:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Rear Sway Bar End Link Question

I replaced my rear sway bar with an aftermarket Frpp bar, and it actually squeaks and clunks worse than the stock. I'm going to buy whiteline because I have one up front and it's really quiet and decreased body roll

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Here are the Steeda parts: Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Rear Endlinks - Made in the USA 555-1060 | Free Shipping!. During assembly, use a liberal application of Energy Suspension lube at a minimum. I also got some 5-mil Teflon sheet from McMaster-Carr, cut two strips (each 2" wide by about 6" long), and wrapped each strip around the bar before installing the bushing and link. That way, even if the lube dries up, there's still the Teflon to keep things moving smoothly without squeaking.

It'll be hard to make things quiet for more than a day or two without full disassembly.
Dang, definitely a well built piece! The price is whats holding me back rn. Looks amazing though, and this summer Ill grab it.
-2008 Civic SI...
Old 05-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

I think Steeda periodically has discounts so it's less of a wallet hit.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed3.7 View Post
Dang, definitely a well built piece! The price is whats holding me back rn. Looks amazing though, and this summer Ill grab it.
For around that price, you can get a whiteline heavyduty sway bar with superior bushings and links/hardware included. I am switching from FRPP to a Whiteline setup because of their quality products

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
For around that price, you can get a whiteline heavyduty sway bar with superior bushings and links/hardware included. I am switching from FRPP to a Whiteline setup because of their quality products
True! Something to keep in mind. Really just want the squeak gone.
-2008 Civic SI...
Old 05-20-2015, 01:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed3.7 View Post
True! Something to keep in mind. Really just want the squeak gone.
Did you try silicone grease yet?

MOTM winner May 2015 "Best mods Mustang". Please View my Garage for complete details on modifications.
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Yes, feel free to hit me up for a discount code at tim@steeda.com & you can also keep your eyes open for our awesome sales ... the choice is in your hands!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
Did you try silicone grease yet?
I am gonna put some on tomorrow afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Yes, feel free to hit me up for a discount code at tim@steeda.com & you can also keep your eyes open for our awesome sales ... the choice is in your hands!

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks! Next week or so I should gain some change, Ill hit you up a pm then
-2008 Civic SI...
Old 05-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Love to hear it & look forward to working with you.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang