Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Remote Start! $115 plug n play

37K views 164 replies 42 participants last post by  Freakrule21 
#1 ·
I bought a remote start off Amazon that utilizes your factory remote to start your car, it was literally plug and play with a harness made for the mustang, all u had to do was tap into two other wires, but hardest part is disassembling everything, but if any of y'all are interested here's the link Factory OEM Remote Activated Plug and Play Remote Start for Select 2008-2014 Ford https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NBCT0FK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_gJLyvb1N7KQ16

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
Curious as well. Could you do a write up with pics of how you installed yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Well the first time I tried it I was anxious as hell to put it in and tried doing it at nighttime with a flashlight and didn't turn out so well lmao so I ended up just putting it back together and I tried it yesterday morning and I had it done within a hour....I'm sure it's possible to have done in 30 mins or so, took me a while to program it but it comes with instructions when you buy it....but I may go ahead and do a write up to show yall how easy it is

#5 ·
Looks like a cool product!

#11 ·
Lmao when I first found them they only had 3 available, I waited and then they sold out, I went and tried ordering from the site but didn't want to go through all the extra bs but in about a week they were restocked on Amazon but only with 6 I believe, keep checking the link they go fast

#9 ·
Well if the weather permits tomorrow I'll take some pics! And to start the car you just press the lock button 3X they have a website you can order from but it's in Canada so charges more shipping! And you have to order another thing to program it its a lot of extra bull**** and cost more but the ones they are selling on that link from Amazon come programed for the car with the right harness!

#19 ·
I immediately thought about that ... imagining pushing the button and having the car slam into another parked in front of it! Must be programmed to only do it in neutral and bypass the clutch switch if it is available...

#22 ·
It says you need two OEM keys to program it, would any Ford dealership be able to accommodate me with a second key or would I need to contact Ford directly?

Sent from my iPhone

#23 ·
You should be able to get a new key at your local dealer, but be preparred to pay...

Still interested in this if someone does a write up. I need pictures, dangit!

#25 ·
OK. Just watched the video. I thought you were tapping into the ignition. Much more comfortable knowing it's just plugs there and the only tapping is at the OBD port. Do the wire colors match up to the ones he stated in the video?

And is there a way to disable the chirp for the lock? I don't think I'd want the horn to honk twice, lol.

#27 ·
Dang it, only have one key. Was hoping that this was somehow a way to reset mykey... :/ why do you need both keys?

#157 ·
Which for me is about 30ft...

[emoji52]
Hence why I went with the Ford two way kit. Goes from (through) the bottom floor (about center) of a decent size two story building and at least 100 feet after that............

#32 ·
Yeah, the range is whatever your remote range is now, which is not spectacular.

Helpful hint to increase range: hold the key fob to your head as you press the button. It increases your range by a significant amount. Don't ask me how/why it works because I have no clue.

G
#33 ·
Yeah, the range is whatever your remote range is now, which is not spectacular.

Helpful hint to increase range: hold the key fob to your head as you press the button. It increases your range by a significant amount. Don't ask me how/why it works because I have no clue.

I believe you also have to stand on 1 foot, rub your belly with the other hand, and say "Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers" :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.