Eibach Sportlines an input requested - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2015, 07:40 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Eibach Sportlines an input requested

Ordered some Eibach Sportlines for my V6. I didn't do enough research beforehand. (Wine does that on occassion.) It appears that in addition to needing an adjustable panhard bar and LCA relocation brackets, I need some adjustable camber plates. While I don't want to cheap out, my pockets aren't but so deep either. Any suggestions on what I need here in the context of what i can get away with on cc plates? Also, anyone have any bad experiences with Sportlines. I want a lowered look but don't want to look like "one of those kids."
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
You can get away with camber bolts which are a lot less expensive. You may not even need them as it only drops the front just over an inch. Eventually you will need new shocks/struts because the stock ones will wear out a lot sooner. Also, an adj upper control arm would be a good idea to reset your pinion angle. If you're still running the stock driveshaft, you may be okay because the two piece design is a lot more forgiving for offset angles. Sure, you can just throw springs on and a panhard bar like many have done, but you will get premature wear on certain components and will need to replace parts eventually. So, why not do it right the first time? Lowering a car is a lot more pricy than some people think if you're going to do it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I picked up a set of Sportlines as well and will be installing shortly.

Here is my list:
Eibach Sportlines springs
Frpp shocks and struts
BMR adj panhard bar
Camber bolts
Whiteline Adj LCAs
Whiteline adj UCA w mount
Whiteline front sway bar
Frpp rear sway bar (soon to be whiteline)
BMR lca relocation brackets

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

That's the logic I'm operating from. Cheaper in the end to do it right.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 05-25-2015, 10:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Camber bolts you'll need. If you're doing Koni struts and shocks you'll get 1/2" more low while on stock it'll be as advertised. I just did my install this weekend and I have -1.75 camber and need the bolts. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1432567794.260955.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	183338
Old 05-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I'm a bit thick at times. Installing the cc plates looks like a piece of cake. After installing them, it's off to an alignment shop for them to adjust them/my tire alignment right?
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 05-28-2015, 01:42 PM   #7

Region: Wisconsin
My 2013 GT has the Eidbach Sportlines and J&M adjustable panhard bar. Had to install the Eidbach camber bolts as the negative camber on the front was going to cause wear on the tires and the stock bolts don't have enough adjustment to them. Nothing else was done.

Mine is not for racing/track just for cruising and car shows. Pics in my album.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Thanks WiM. I ended up changing the order to the Eibach Pro Kit. My rear now is about 2" over the rear tires. The more I thought about the significant drop of the sportlines, camber plates and potential pinion angles I changed the order to the Pro Kit. Still may need the camber plates but it seems I don't hear as many folk talking about its critically necessary for that. Did the BMR adj panhard bar earlier today to prep.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Thanks WiM. I ended up changing the order to the Eibach Pro Kit. My rear now is about 2" over the rear tires. The more I thought about the significant drop of the sportlines, camber plates and potential pinion angles I changed the order to the Pro Kit. Still may need the camber plates but it seems I don't hear as many folk talking about its critically necessary for that. Did the BMR adj panhard bar earlier today to prep.

The cc plates will be unnecessary for the prokit. You will be able to get away with camber bolts if even needed

Old 05-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I just ordered the "eibach sport system plus"
which is
-eibach sportline springs
-front and rear sway bars
-eibach pro damper shocks and struts

Before I get that installed I am going to get
-adj panhard bar
-adj rear upper control arm (with bracket)
-lower control arms (with brackets)

*** For a little I considered getting BC Racing coilovers or SR Performance Coilovers
but ended up going with my original plan.

The sportlines should give me a good enough drop to get rid of most of that wheel gap. And I feel like the handling will be better with this kit than coilovers because of the sway bars that come with it.

Did NOT order Caster Camber Plater or Camber bolts, many people say you dont need them since its only 1.1" drop in the front
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post

Pinion angle is messed up with any amount of drop you do.

My caster is at 7.9* and the spec max range is 7.9. I need CC plates but my camber is good because of the longer bolts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang