Warranty and mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Warranty and mods

Hey guys, noob here but does anyone know if changing the headers and the factory mid pipe void the warranty? I plan on getting bbk ceramic shorty headers and mrt high flow catted h pipe. Do these require a tune? Also, would both these combined with borla atak sound too obnoxious?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2015, 01:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Headers would void warranty forsure. I mean I'm pretty sure you could take them off before you took it in and be ok as long as you can't tell you messed with it. but if you tune it I believe you have to put the stock tune back in it and drive a couple hundred miles. If I'm not mistaking they can check it more than a couple hundred miles back but from what I understand most places won't go through it that far. Think it just kind of depends on the dealer for the most part though.
regattabluefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:29 AM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
According to Ford a tune MAY be reason to void good bits of your wtty. I imagine you will need one for those mods. Newer ECU's (like yours) have a non-resettable counter in them so they can tell it's been changed. I will say some of the wtty decision comes from your dealer and having a relationship with them can help. I do my own service and only use them for wtty work but I buy filters from them and make it a point to say "hi" to my sales person every time I go in. It helped me once with a wtty claim.
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2015, 06:54 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenofguam View Post
Hey guys, noob here but does anyone know if changing the headers and the factory mid pipe void the warranty? I plan on getting bbk ceramic shorty headers and mrt high flow catted h pipe. Do these require a tune? Also, would both these combined with borla atak sound too obnoxious?

Where are you getting your info on the headers?
To begin with, BBK ceramic shorty headers are CARB approved. They do not require a tune, never heard of, and I doubt very much that they could ever be blamed to cause other problems. The headers themselves would of course not be covered under the factory warranty.

Replacing the factory cats is a different story altogether. Aside from the fact that there are federal regulations prohibiting the removal or replacement(without just cause) of the factory cats, I suppose there may be some circumstance where the dealer could claim the change in cats contributed to some failure.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Are you talking about the emissions test?

Old 05-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have had major portions of my driveline replaced under warranty.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you talking about the emissions test?

Well the federal thing is something that most emission testers don't get into it seems. I think it affects a lot of muffler shops that won't do the work on cats because of the regs. Both federal and state.
As far as warranty work, so long the dealers don't have a reason to blame the after market "high flow catted h pipe", for some problem, you should be fine.
Passing emissions is pretty much dependent on your work-a-rounds, location and inspectors.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:13 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

oh well, might as well just not get the h pipe. do any of you know about a cut and clamp H pipe for the v6?

Old 05-27-2015, 07:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
oh well, might as well just not get the h pipe. do any of you know about a cut and clamp H pipe for the v6?

As you must know, they do make a cut and clamp X-pipe. Don't know why they don't make the H-pipe version of that without having to go with the high flow cat. Some people have had the H-pipe fabricated.
Myself I tried the MAC ProChamber midpipe instead of an H with hopes to deepen the sound. I think it did but my Borla Touring are too consrvative. I shoud have got the Borla S.
Not sure if you put on the Ataks yet. If not you could always do that without changing the midpipe and then address the midpipe after you hear what they sound like with the stock Hybrid X-H pipe.
My quess is the Ataks should sound pretty good with the shorties and stock cats & resonators.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Also, if you haven't already done so, I would suggest you try using the search feature. There's a poop load of threads already existing on related topics.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fariko View Post
Thanks for posting

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Who are you thanking and for posting what?
Are you a Mustang owner?
It just struck me funny that all your posts are one to two words.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:56 PM   #12
Kevin.Cook

Yea. I saw his posts also. Seems someone is wanting a free AM code possibly. They are bumping threads without useful info which makes it hard for us people that are trying to help people who need it.

I pm'd socal but he is offline. Idk who to ask about this. Its kind of getting annoying.

On other forums people would just go through the threads and say "Cool story bro" to get their post count up. Eventually, the admins started to ban these people. Lol
Old 05-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #13
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Haha I just said the same thing in another thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1432870496.926097.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	183614
Old 05-29-2015, 07:24 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Yea. I saw his posts also. Seems someone is wanting a free AM code possibly. They are bumping threads without useful info which makes it hard for us people that are trying to help people who need it.

I pm'd socal but he is offline. Idk who to ask about this. Its kind of getting annoying.

On other forums people would just go through the threads and say "Cool story bro" to get their post count up. Eventually, the admins started to ban these people. Lol
Funny...the post count never came to mind.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:35 AM   #15
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Y
cool story bro............
Old 05-29-2015, 08:43 AM   #16
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
cool story bro............

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang