Stock intake manifold - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Stock intake manifold

Why are 3.7's selling their stock intake manifold on these forums? What are they replacing it with?

2013 mustang v6 premium
Gumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Buying a second set and getting the upper & lower ported. You can send them to a guy who does them under the vendor name "Lone Wolf Performance" on another forum or buy them from supersixmotorsports.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
What does ported mean? What does it do?

2013 mustang v6 premium
Gumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Flows more air. makes more power.

Essentially someone ended up with an extra somewhere, got it ported and sold the stock one. Someone then bought that, got it ported and sold their stock one, etc etc... basically theres just a few extras floating around as people get them ported.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #5
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Flows more air. makes more power.

Essentially someone ended up with an extra somewhere, got it ported and sold the stock one. Someone then bought that, got it ported and sold their stock one, etc etc... basically theres just a few extras floating around as people get them ported.

Not to hijack the thread, but this is why I believe the Steeda CAI and BBK TB can help make more power when couple with a good tune and headers.

Ok back on topic, sorry about that....

supersixmotorsports will charge like $200 and a core charge if you just do the upper intake portion. I believe if you do bottom and top, it is like $300 along with a core charge.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Sho thang. Man i wish i could find that math i did on airflow a few months ago... Went through the CFM of the throttle body, IM and cylinder heads, took like a whole day to do, but its buried somewhere on this forum now and i tried to find it last week but couldnt -_-
Old 06-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #7
Kevin.Cook

If you made it, why not search your threads or posts?
Old 06-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i did, it only backlogs a certain amount, and i seem to have posted enough to where its been bumped out of the backlog. I searched all my subscribed threads, all my posts, everything, twice, and no dice.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
I'm currently trying to acquire a second set myself, so I can send them off to get ported, as my mustang is my DD, I cant afford much downtime.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #10
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
i did, it only backlogs a certain amount, and i seem to have posted enough to where its been bumped out of the backlog. I searched all my subscribed threads, all my posts, everything, twice, and no dice.

I noticed this also. I was searching for something the other day and noticed I couldn't view half of my oldest posts. Lol

Maybe this forum has a limit it reaches on storage size before it starts auto archiving/removing older posts. OR maybe Bucko or someone can edit this feature for us so we can see posts from further back.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #11
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but this is why I believe the Steeda CAI and BBK TB can help make more power when couple with a good tune and headers.

Ok back on topic, sorry about that....

supersixmotorsports will charge like $200 and a core charge if you just do the upper intake portion. I believe if you do bottom and top, it is like $300 along with a core charge.
No doubt that all this works great when packaged. I still think there's a valid "conversation" as to if a CAI by itself is worth any performance mod money.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
No doubt that all this works great when packaged. I still think there's a valid "conversation" as to if a CAI by itself is worth any performance mod money.
i think that's one of those mods that improves throttle response and picks up "seat of the pants feel" when every day driving, similar to the throttle body, but at WOT it doesn't flow enough more, or the factory unit wasn't restrictive enough, to show any more appreciable gain.

I've been trying to find a way to see if the factory air box actually pressurizes at speed due to its ram air design, but i haven't put a whole lot of effort into it.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Just build a custom shaker hood scoop. Make a air duct for the hood scoop and call it a day. No math required simple rite.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

^^ this. Someone make this happen.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Id buy one for sure .

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang