Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Expanded Recall...

21K views 268 replies 74 participants last post by  Mugeismo 
#1 ·
#9 ·
I was there for a little less than an hour, but that included them checking the other thing and also doing the PCM emissions update recall. I don't have my sheet in front of me, but I think the recall work is alotted 0.2 hours of work.

#12 ·
Yup, just checked with the dealer. He said it's an advance notice and the parts aren't in yet. They'll notify me when the parts are in. Seems fair enough to me :thumb:

#13 ·
#14 ·
ugh. well, I guess I can have them fix the water sloshing problem at the same time... thing is, the water evaporated now and they won't hear it sloshing. grr

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

#16 ·
You could try spraying water up to where it may be coming in. You've probably seen the many discussions on it. That's if it's in the same area, of course.

#15 ·
I had to take my car to the dealership for my rear differential whining and while it was there they called and told me that they just had a recall on the airbags so they were going to go ahead and take care of it for me. It took them less than an hour for the install I believe.

#17 ·
Went in to the dealer today and was told on July 13th they will start mailing out letters via first class mail of the recall and that parts are NOT AVAILABLE until further notice so this won't even be fixed until maybe late July. He said the media got a hold of the air bag recall and blew it up, Ford has not even issued the recall yet so he wouldint even know what parts he needs to fix it.

2013 Premium Performance White

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

Last Mod: CDC Performance Grille

Next mod: Bama Race Tune!

#19 ·
Yeah it's not a big deal, I'll get it fixed when the fix is available.

GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows

#20 · (Edited)
Yet some people, as mentioned above, have already had their air bag fixed. I think I heard that they may be concentrating on the more humid areas first.

#21 ·
Makes sense, no humidity here in El Paso lol but I'll be back in Austin for school in August so a fix by then would be nice

#22 ·
Air Bag Recall

Am I the first in here to be told I will be getting a new airbag? I'm on the list and will be notified when Ford has the replacement part. Hurry up and wait.

#25 ·
Am I the first in here to be told I will be getting a new airbag? I'm on the list and will be notified when Ford has the replacement part. Hurry up and wait.

No there are a few other threads on this and a few of us have been told we will get a replacement. This issue is were being told it won't be done until August at the earliest because there are no replacement parts available.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#23 ·
I told the service tech yesterday, better get my parts in quick. Something happens to me and my cat has a really good attorney!

#24 · (Edited)
Why did you start another thread on the same subject you already posted in :facepalm:

Edit: Never mind, threads got merged by the Admin.

#28 ·
It's a 34 million car recall from one company. It will take Takata that long to get all those parts out.

#30 ·
The law suits breathing down their(& Fords) neck may help speed things up.

#32 ·
I'm at the dealership right now having the oil changed and they pulled up the info for any recalls on my car. Sure enough, there was the recall for the air bag, but no ETA for the parts. All the service manager could say was they'll notify me when the parts are available. So, I'm just plan on not hitting anything until then :facepalm:

#33 ·
So if the dealerships know about the recalls on the airbags, and you've taken your car in for a state inspection but you didn't know about the recall, aren't they suppose to let you know about any recalls on your car or are suppose to just ask them?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#34 ·
They know about it but there is no fix for it yet so there is nothing they can do. They are going to wait until they have a solution and then should let everyone know about it so they can bring it in to fix it.

G
#36 ·
Grabbed this today off my MyFord account:

Recall Date: MAY 27, 2015
Recall Title: DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACEMENT
NHTSA Recall Number: 15V319
Ford Recall Number: 15S21
Recall Description: IN THE SUBJECT VEHICLES, CONTINUED EXPOSURE TO HIGH LEVELS OF ABSOLUTE HUMIDITY MAY CAUSE THE DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR HOUSING TO RUPTURE IF THE VEHICLE IS INVOLVED IN A CRASH WHERE THE SUPPLEMENTAL FRONT AIRBAGS ARE DESIGNED TO DEPLOY.
Risk to Safety: IN INFLATOR RUPTURE COULD RESULT IN METAL FRAGMENTS STRIKING AND POTENTIALLY INJURING VEHICLE OCCUPANTS
Remedy Program: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR WITH A NEW ONE, FREE OF CHARGE.
Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.