Drive shaft group buy - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Newest update. I just called to see if they were shipping today. They are not. DSS was waiting on cv joints and was getting caught up. He told me that everything was going to ship for sure this Friday. Let's hope so

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #72
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Well worth waiting for

I know it is a PITA to wait for anything, But I'm sure every one of you will be happy you got in on this deal.
The Aluminum drive shaft is worth waiting for.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:45 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
At this point I'm ready to call paypal and get my money back. I'll wait this week, if I haven't gotten anything by Sat. Calling paypal.
AngryTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2015, 02:57 PM   #74
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTech View Post
At this point I'm ready to call paypal and get my money back. I'll wait this week, if I haven't gotten anything by Sat. Calling paypal.
I really wouldn't do that. Refunds take a few days by themselves. Say you did that, waited for the refund, then a day or two after, everyone got their driveshafts? Now you'd be out a decent savings and NOW you have to purchase elsewhere, spend MORE money, and now wait for them to ship it.

To me, that sounds like an adventure. I'd just be patient. It sounds like they are making progress. So wait it out. It would be a different story if they were not updating you guys.

Don't be an angry tech
Old 07-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #75
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Perhaps we could encourage HyperMotive to give a complimentary upgrade from Ground to expedited shipping as a customer service gesture?

When multiple deadlines are promised, then missed, I start to lose faith.

I think you have until Oct to file a PayPal dispute, if necessary.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:12 PM   #76
Kevin.Cook

You could try that. But I have been through the song and dance of getting a refund then going in to another buy/sell deal. Its VERY long and dreadful. If I could, I would have made myself just wait it out.

It just sounds like they bit off more then they could chew but is slowly bouncing back. They probably have never done a group buy on this before. So yall are guinea pigs. lol
Old 07-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I really wouldn't do that. Refunds take a few days by themselves. Say you did that, waited for the refund, then a day or two after, everyone got their driveshafts? Now you'd be out a decent savings and NOW you have to purchase elsewhere, spend MORE money, and now wait for them to ship it.

To me, that sounds like an adventure. I'd just be patient. It sounds like they are making progress. So wait it out. It would be a different story if they were not updating you guys.

Don't be an angry tech

I see what you did there.

Yeah they are updating us, but only when someone calls or emails. Not very efficient or informative imo. Mr. Cook, I put this DS on my CC, so far I'm about to make my 2nd payment on a part I don't even have. I know that's not anyone's problem here, but not cool when this happens.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #78
Kevin.Cook

You like that? lol

Ahh I see. 2 months is an abnormally long wait time. But if you already stuck it out this long, 1-2 weeks might be a breeze. Just keep calling and bugging. Be that customer that they want to MAKE shut up by giving you what you want.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #79
Registered Member

Regular

Angrytech...I agree with what youre saying, Ive been where you are and I didnt like it either. As hard as it is to stay patient, its your best move right now. Dont do anything crazy that you might regret later. If you put this on a CC you should have several months to file a dispute. The dispute doesnt have to be thru Paypal it could be directly with your CC company.

At this point lets not turn this thread into a lynching. Give it until Friday and see what happens.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Socal, I hear what you're saying. Not lynching, just expressing concerns. GrabberBlue1993 tried to do some good by us and the company is not looking good. I'm just saying what everyone on here who paid is thinking.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:09 PM   #81
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTech View Post
Socal, I hear what you're saying. Not lynching, just expressing concerns. GrabberBlue1993 tried to do some good by us and the company is not looking good. I'm just saying what everyone on here who paid is thinking.
Im not accusing you of "lynching", its just sometimes negeative things tend to snowball, thats all. Trust me you have every right to be upset. 2 months is crazy to wait. If I was in this group buy Id be sending a lot of emails if I could. Ive done group buys in the past and to be honest they never seem to work out very good. Ill never do it again...
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:17 PM   #82
Registered Member

Regular

Do we know how big the group buy was? Big difference if it was, say, 8 people vs. 15.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 07-27-2015, 04:31 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Do we know how big the group buy was? Big difference if it was, say, 8 people vs. 15.
As far as I know it was a group buy for about 6. The OP might have more info. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:45 PM   #84
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
When you get into a group purchase to save $$$$$

You just have to wait until they get their previous orders filled. I think all of the major company's that produce these drive shafts probably make the aluminum shaft but get the universal joints from another vendor. The vendor gets really busy and holds things up.
The big thing is that you wanted to save money, If your over ten or twelve years old you probably learned when you order something that is not in stock, you have to wait. It is called "BACKORDERED" and it has been going on since industry started in America.

Have a little patience and I'm sure you will be like a kid at Christmas when the drive shaft is finely delivered.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Never had this issue when I ordered my driveshaft from American Muscle. Had the thing in like three days. 😀

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #86
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Never had this issue when I ordered my driveshaft from American Muscle. Had the thing in like three days. 😀

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Exactly. I got mine when it was on their February sale. Plus used my Forum discount code. Was good enough for me!
Old 07-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #87
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
The big thing is that you wanted to save money, If your over ten or twelve years old you probably learned when you order something that is not in stock, you have to wait. It is called "BACKORDERED" and it has been going on since industry started in America.
Well, HyperMotive did say shafts are made to order and ship in 2-4 weeks, so even giving a *lot* of padding, they are way behind. That said, I want to be clear the problem is with DSS and not HyperMotive; HyperMotive is just as big a victim as we all are, IMHO.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly. I got mine when it was on their February sale. Plus used my Forum discount code. Was good enough for me!
Oh, yeah... Rub it in guys.... . I'm still tender in the financials...
Old 07-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #89
Registered Member

Regular

Well, emailed HyperMotive today and got a reply just now confirming that HyperMotive's staff will actually be going to DSS themselves to pick up the shafts and then ship them out by UPS. I did ask if they can expedite the shipping, since UPS ground could take another week or more depending on recipient's location.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:30 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been on the forum much. I've spoken with a few of you through other means of communication. I have been just as much in the dark as you guys.... Was told they would ship next week, then next, and so on.... I was not ready for a 2 month wait. It's a little ridiculous...... I'm gonna be out $100 on a dyno tune deposit since it Still won't be here by Saturday... Had to reschedule twice already.... No idea if the company is gonna do anything to make it right by us... I didn't ask. I'm not happy with the situation at all.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #91
Registered Member

Regular

^ Grabber, thanks for weighing in. Hope nobody's giving you a hard time, since the current situation isn't your fault at all. Thanks for thinking of us with the group buy.

Hopefully if enough of us talk to HyperMotive and DSS, they might be able to do something for us, like a shipping upgrade.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
^ Grabber, thanks for weighing in. Hope nobody's giving you a hard time, since the current situation isn't your fault at all. Thanks for thinking of us with the group buy.

Hopefully if enough of us talk to HyperMotive and DSS, they might be able to do something for us, like a shipping upgrade.
I've had some people really lose their crap on me, which was ridiculous....
Yeah even a 5% off or something would be nice. Maybe someone could ask who's been in touch with them... I haven't called

Old 07-28-2015, 05:19 PM   #93
Registered Member

Regular

I know grabberblue12 and I have contacted HyperMotive...not sure about anyone else.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:13 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Any1 get shipping info....?

Old 07-31-2015, 12:34 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Not yet

Old 07-31-2015, 01:25 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

I emailed them and they are shipping today!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #97
Registered Member

Regular

Woo-hoo! *does happy dance*

Old 07-31-2015, 01:31 PM   #98
Kevin.Cook

Hey Grabber, that sucks for that guy who cancelled XD all he had to do was wait a little longer. HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 07-31-2015, 02:27 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey Grabber, that sucks for that guy who cancelled XD all he had to do was wait a little longer. HAHAHAHAHAHA
If you're thinking about "Angrytech" I think he said he was going to wait until Saturday.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:31 PM   #100
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
If you're thinking about "Angrytech" I think he said he was going to wait until Saturday.
Haha, nah. This guy I don't think is on here.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:39 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha, nah. This guy I don't think is on here.
Oh okay sorry
Here's an interesting discussion on the clunk noise some are experiencing.
Links to another forum: DSS Driveshaft 13-14 V6 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:49 PM   #102
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Oh okay sorry
Here's an interesting discussion on the clunk noise some are experiencing.
Links to another forum: DSS Driveshaft 13-14 V6 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Interesting. I noticed on my Auto, after I got the gears done, the noise is almost non-existent now. So I may also agree some pinion angle checking and work may help with that. Because I had that sound too when I first swapped my driveshaft.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:27 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

I was told they've all been shipped today

Old 07-31-2015, 03:28 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup lol they're all shipped. We are gonna get them before he gets one and he will spend 110 more

Old 07-31-2015, 03:31 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
You rang? (Lurch voice)

Also, I did say I would wait till this weekend.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang