Factory LCA issues "fixed"? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Factory LCA issues "fixed"?

Just stopped by the dealer today to see what is going on with the airbag recall and figured I would ask about the LCA issues that these cars seem to have while I was there. Meaning the squeaks that come when going over bumps and such.

I have already had this issue "fixed" twice now with the latest being in January. The guy told me that 2 months ago the supposedly had fixed the issue again and it should resolve the issue. Like I said this will be my third repair for this issue and I want it to be the last. I have an appointment scheduled in two weeks to fix it again. The last few times it seemed to be fixed for a few hundred miles and then it was back to crap. Just curious if anybody on here has gotten this fixed recently and has seen improvement?
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but it would solve your problem.

Ditch the factory LCAs and get a decent aftermarket set. They won't squeak, and they will out perform the stock junk LCAs.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but it would solve your problem.

Ditch the factory LCAs and get a decent aftermarket set. They won't squeak, and they will out perform the stock junk LCAs.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Yeah, I've read that in another post. I figured while it's covered under warranty i'd make them fix it. If this next round doesn't go right I may just go that route. What is the best aftermarket I could buy then? Wonder if I could make the dealer install my aftermarket ones for free labor since they would be installing the crappy factory ones anyway? Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Or just pick up a set of take off OEM arms, drill out the bushings, then install some new poly bushings. Quiet, and they are also a floating bushing, so they do less to harm the operation of the suspension than the OEM bushings.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:50 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I chose Steeda, I just like there stuff. It's high quality. But with the LCAs your really going to be fine with about any aftermarket. If it was me I would go Steeda or BMR in that order.

Install is a snap. Very simple and straight forward. I know it's under warranty and all but for me my time is worth more. And if you know they need to go anyway, well seems silly to keep trying to get them fixed.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

I just got the BMR rear lcas installed. They have the poly bushings. The tech who installed them had nothing but positive things to say about them.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I just got the BMR rear lcas installed. They have the poly bushings. The tech who installed them had nothing but positive things to say about them.
The BMR units are great; have had them on my car for about 2 years now.
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:29 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Get the BMR LCA's. Crazy light and high quality. $84.55 from hypermotive with the 6% off. Best $85 you'll ever spend
Old 06-05-2015, 04:16 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
I have the BMR LCA on mine as well. Light, clean hammered look to them with poly bushings. (They come in red if that's your thing too.) Install was easier than I expected but if you are using jack stands like 99% of us, be ready for putting 130 foot-pounds on a bolt in the prone position. I'd do it again in a minute.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:53 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I must be lucky because I have no squeaks or issues at 12000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I experienced the squeak recently as well. When I hit about 40k the front driver side was sooo loud and annoying. Got it replaced with another OEM from factory for free, but when it goes out again I wanna get the BMR. Anyone have a link to the ones they bought?? Having an issue finding them on AM.

2012 mustang V6

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
moto113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #12
Kevin.Cook

This is what I got.

BMR Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms with Poly Bushings - Hammertone Finish TCA019H (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
Old 06-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You paid almost double lol. Why

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-05-2015, 02:23 PM   #14
Kevin.Cook

Drinking from the AM kool-aid!!! LOL jk. That was the only one I knew about. And I paid like 130 with my forum code
Old 06-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Drinking from the AM kool-aid!!! LOL jk. That was the only one I knew about. And I paid like 130 with my forum code
Ahhh I see. Oh well. As long as you like them, who cares

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #16
Kevin.Cook

Yea. The way I see them, they are on the car now. So I am not going to complain. Even though I can't drive crazy due to gear break-in, I noticed my take off was a bit firmer.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

So, are we talking front LCAs (which have revised parts with those silly heat shields per TSB) or rear LCAs (for which I was not aware of any TSBs).

There are separate TSBs for the rear stabilizer end links (crap stock design that squeaks like crazy--greasable poly plus Teflon sheet was my solution).
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
Old 06-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
So, are we talking front LCAs (which have revised parts with those silly heat shields per TSB) or rear LCAs (for which I was not aware of any TSBs).

There are separate TSBs for the rear stabilizer end links (crap stock design that squeaks like crazy--greasable poly plus Teflon sheet was my solution).
Yeah, I thought you guys were talking about the front LCAs too. It looks like some where along the thread the LCAs got flipped
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #19
Kevin.Cook

I was confused at first also. LOL!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Sooo replacing the front lower control arms will forsure fix the groaning noise??

This noise drives me a little bonkers some times.
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

^ Supposedly, though I've seen enough people say that the revised parts from Ford eventually start groaning again. So, instead of having a dealer rip into my car, I've just dealt with it. Only seems to happen when it's hot, and is rather mild.

The noise from the stock rear stabilizer end links, though...that drove me totally nuts until I fixed it.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 06-05-2015, 10:09 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I was talking about the front LCAs not the rear. Cause it was the front that squeaked. I don't know if they replaced the control arm as well but it drove me insane!!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

^ Was your wheel alignment off after the front LCA work?

Old 06-05-2015, 10:37 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
^ Supposedly, though I've seen enough people say that the revised parts from Ford eventually start groaning again. So, instead of having a dealer rip into my car, I've just dealt with it. Only seems to happen when it's hot, and is rather mild.

The noise from the stock rear stabilizer end links, though...that drove me totally nuts until I fixed it.
Sorry I meant with the aftermarket front lower control arms.

Do the aftermarket ones eliminate the noise
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:47 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Flippin thread but I did not know the front were under a TSB, I have BMR rear lca's.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:08 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^ Was your wheel alignment off after the front LCA work?

You know I felt it was a little bit off. Not a huge amount. But I usually notice any small difference with my car.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:30 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Update!

Here is a screenshot of what I had done last Thursday for the front LCA's under the TSB.

This is the third time having this done like I mentioned before. I have since put about 300 miles on it and everything still seems to be sounding good. The last times I had this done I noticed an increased noise within about 200 miles. It's easy to tell because I have to go over about 3 speed bumps everyday in my community. And the last few times it literally take only a few days for the noise to come back.

The ford rep told me that they changed the bushings again under this TSB and even his techs said that they noticed that they were different from the ones they were getting in a few months ago.

I will keep anyone updated on my status if they are curious but I would say if anybody still has this issue and is still under warranty you might want to look into getting this fixed again.

Hope this helps a few of you out there.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435354229.255474.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	185872

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang