SA Raceway - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
SA Raceway

San Antonio Raceway is opening back up next friday, and ill finally be taking my stang out to see what it can do.

I just got my sr lowering springs, eibach camber bolts and LCA's with sr panhard bar put on. 93 race tune, LT headers, prochamber midpipe and roush AB's. JLT CAI. The only thing I would like to have put on in time is my 3.73 gears, but I need to save for that install.

Anyway, wanted to see if I can get some pointers as far as what I can expect from a v6 Auto at the drag? Launch? Traction control? Any suggestions would be helpful!
bbowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 11:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Really, theres not much you can do other than floor it. Work on having your left foot on the brake and right foot covering the gas, maybe even staging a bit (gas and brake to bring revs up a tad) so when the light turns green you're instantly off.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
Kevin.Cook

I might be hitting that place up also this summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah as an auto, I assumed it shouldn't be too hard to do. I guess launch is my main concern, I have nitto Drag radials as well as my tower brace, I just really wanted to put those 3.73s in!
Old 06-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah man, im excited for it to open again. I just got this stang, and I want to know what power has been unleashed since I haven't had a proper dyno or 1/4 time. Are you from the area?
Old 06-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #6
Kevin.Cook

I used to live in SA. I moved to Austin. And then to an outside town called Cedar Park (funny how I am slowly getting further away).

A shop in Austin called Pro Modular Performance did my Gear install for about $450. I am also wanting to see if I can get near low 13s. I have a vacation trip planned in a couple of weeks so I won't be able to get to go until July at the earliest.

Plus I bet there will be ALOT of people there at first since it was closed for a bit. So I will let that die down a tad.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I used to live in SA. I moved to Austin. And then to an outside town called Cedar Park (funny how I am slowly getting further away).

A shop in Austin called Pro Modular Performance did my Gear install for about $450. I am also wanting to see if I can get near low 13s. I have a vacation trip planned in a couple of weeks so I won't be able to get to go until July at the earliest.

Plus I bet there will be ALOT of people there at first since it was closed for a bit. So I will let that die down a tad.
Lol yeah im familiar with that area. I know that San Antonio and Austin Mustangs are have a mustang day soon at that place, possibly july or august. Ill be going with a group, and I know this 15 ecoboost wants to run with me so well see how that goes.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:37 AM   #8
Kevin.Cook

A Mustang group in Hondo wanted me to be a part of a group called Sinister Stangs or something like that. But since I don't visit much, I didn't. If there is a hard date set on the Mustang get together, I will go. I have a cosmetic boo boo I am getting fixed next month and getting my X pipe added. So I will be ready to lay down some times at the end of July/August.

The shop I got my gears at really wanted me to get a Nitrous setup since I am staying NA. But I declined. I really don't think I need it.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A Mustang group in Hondo wanted me to be a part of a group called Sinister Stangs or something like that. But since I don't visit much, I didn't. If there is a hard date set on the Mustang get together, I will go. I have a cosmetic boo boo I am getting fixed next month and getting my X pipe added. So I will be ready to lay down some times at the end of July/August.

The shop I got my gears at really wanted me to get a Nitrous setup since I am staying NA. But I declined. I really don't think I need it.
Just double checked, August 1st on the Texas Cyclones Fb page is when we are having that reserved race day. Should get good, ill post details when I get them. I know the person reserving it so ill let anyone know.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:45 AM   #10
Kevin.Cook

Very nice. And it happens to be a Saturday after my stuff is done in July. So I will be up for it. I have never been to a drag strip before. Any idea what and if there are any costs associated?
Old 06-05-2015, 11:56 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Very nice. And it happens to be a Saturday after my stuff is done in July. So I will be up for it. I have never been to a drag strip before. Any idea what and if there are any costs associated?
I think she is working out the exact details, but I haven't been to one either. Hoping this next Friday works out, and im getting a driveshaft put in soon so things are coming together lol.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:02 PM   #12
Kevin.Cook

Do you have the link to the TX Cyclones fb page? I cannot find them.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you have the link to the TX Cyclones fb page? I cannot find them.
Its a closed group im an admin on. Ill add you if you PM me your info
Old 06-05-2015, 01:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Glad to hear it's finally opening back up. May see some of you out there!!
Old 06-06-2015, 09:50 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I saw there opening back up need to get out there and run used to run my 89 5.0 out there great track

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Howd it go?
Old 06-08-2015, 11:05 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

So besides this upcoming Test and Tune at the SA raceway, On August 1st San Antonio and Austin Mustangs are hosting a Cyclone event with a bracket for best NA and FI cyclones. Hope to see some of you out there!
Old 06-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbowman88 View Post
So besides this upcoming Test and Tune at the SA raceway, On August 1st San Antonio and Austin Mustangs are hosting a Cyclone event with a bracket for best NA and FI cyclones. Hope to see some of you out there!
More info for this? Is it on that cyclone FB Page? The fiance is a teacher lol so im sure shed like a little getaway before school starts again.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #19
Kevin.Cook

I am not FI, but more then willing to race them so I can see how nice their tail lights look XD
Old 06-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
More info for this? Is it on that cyclone FB Page? The fiance is a teacher lol so im sure shed like a little getaway before school starts again.
Yes its on the FB Cyclone page. Just request to join and all the info is there. Otherwise I can try and post something here. Both events are there, but I dont think there is too much specs for the Aug 1 meeting yet other than it being approved and set up.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote:
I am not FI, but more then willing to race them so I can see how nice their tail lights look XD
Lol for real, ill be looking to take that NA crown for sure though!
Old 06-08-2015, 11:33 AM   #21
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Yes its on the FB Cyclone page. Just request to join and all the info is there. Otherwise I can try and post something here. Both events are there, but I dont think there is too much specs for the Aug 1 meeting yet other than it being approved and set up.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Lol for real, ill be looking to take that NA crown for sure though!
If I am able to make it, I will accept that as a challenge. I will be switching to MPT before August so hopefully that helps a little.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I am able to make it, I will accept that as a challenge. I will be switching to MPT before August so hopefully that helps a little.
Ill challenge anyone lol I just like to race! I have a few 2015 ecoboosts wanting to run against me and a few 3.7s NA so well see. Ive had nothing but good things to say about my MPT tunes. Supposedly the best if not the better ones you can get besides going to a shop.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #23
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Ill challenge anyone lol I just like to race! I have a few 2015 ecoboosts wanting to run against me and a few 3.7s NA so well see. Ive had nothing but good things to say about my MPT tunes. Supposedly the best if not the better ones you can get besides going to a shop.
Bro, did you just go update your signature? Because half of those mods weren't there a second ago. Which is why I was feeling confident. LOL!!!!
Old 06-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bro, did you just go update your signature? Because half of those mods weren't there a second ago. Which is why I was feeling confident. LOL!!!!
HAHA yeah I got my lowering kit put on about two days ago, and ive been sitting on my DS and gears for about two months trying to get those installed. I am pretty much complete with performance mods for now, looking at getting some stripes put on and ill have my seats switched out within the months. I wont be running with the ds or gears this Friday, but they will be there by August 1st lol.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:02 PM   #25
Kevin.Cook

Well poo. Now you just need a ported manifolds and a big brake kit if you are staying N/A
Old 06-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well poo. Now you just need a ported manifolds and a big brake kit if you are staying N/A
Yeah we aren't too far off from mods, besides a few brand differences the Headers and Tune are the only real difference. I think it will be close for sure. But im more than likely putting turbos later on when I can drop that kind of cash...
Old 06-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #27
Kevin.Cook

I will have to sell an organ to afford that! Lol. The way I see it, once I finish my N/A setup, I am done. If I have 6-10k to drop on a Procharger kit, I am upgrading to a 5.0. LOL! Oh and don't forget your BBK TB!!!!

You see, my idea (before you updated your mod list -_-), was that my 3.73s and TB would offset your LTHs and any other small items. Because I would have switched to MPT by August. But no, you got a more complete suspension then me. So you will stay level the entire time while I hop like a bunny the entire way down. LOL!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will have to sell an organ to afford that! Lol. The way I see it, once I finish my N/A setup, I am done. If I have 6-10k to drop on a Procharger kit, I am upgrading to a 5.0. LOL! Oh and don't forget your BBK TB!!!!

You see, my idea (before you updated your mod list -_-), was that my 3.73s and TB would offset your LTHs and any other small items. Because I would have switched to MPT by August. But no, you got a more complete suspension then me. So you will stay level the entire time while I hop like a bunny the entire way down. LOL!
Oh its either turbo or 5.0! More than likely keeping my car NA for a while then either of the two when I get to that point. Does the TB make a difference? Ive heard that if you have a tune that opens the throttle its kind of the same... but I haven't looked into it. Ill def get one if so lol.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #29
Kevin.Cook

Well from what I noticed after getting mine (and it was one of my first performance items), was the initial throttle response increased, and it pulled a tad harder after 3K RPM. Which would be normal since it is going to have a bigger opening at higher throttle then the stock one. Even if it only freed up 1 pony, it is 1 more then I had before. LOL

Because what I notice with N/A, is the HP to $$ ratio is slim. So if you want EVERY little item that can free up a pony or two, this would be on that extensive list to get. Plus, if you went FI later this would help set the way for that.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well from what I noticed after getting mine (and it was one of my first performance items), was the initial throttle response increased, and it pulled a tad harder after 3K RPM. Which would be normal since it is going to have a bigger opening at higher throttle then the stock one. Even if it only freed up 1 pony, it is 1 more then I had before. LOL

Because what I notice with N/A, is the HP to $$ ratio is slim. So if you want EVERY little item that can free up a pony or two, this would be on that extensive list to get. Plus, if you went FI later this would help set the way for that.
Yeah I hate the stock 2.7 something gears it comes with. And I can always spare an extra HP anywhere I can! And yeah I haven't had any wheel hop at all, such a great feeling lol.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:24 PM   #31
Kevin.Cook

yup, and if you aren't spinning during launch, no hp is being wasted in to smoke. lol. I mean, if you got $380 to spare, I would say get it. Seeing as you are nearing the end of the N/A build. I mean, why not? With a good tune, it's not going to hurt you. You have the intake and exhaust, so it will flow ok still.

and I mean $380 with the forum code. Some people sell them on here for 250-300. So it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yup, and if you aren't spinning during launch, no hp is being wasted in to smoke. lol. I mean, if you got $380 to spare, I would say get it. Seeing as you are nearing the end of the N/A build. I mean, why not? With a good tune, it's not going to hurt you. You have the intake and exhaust, so it will flow ok still.

and I mean $380 with the forum code. Some people sell them on here for 250-300. So it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Yep Exactly. Im going to get my gears and DS installed, then any money I have left is going to the stripes. But after all is said ill probably get all the little things to complete everything.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #33
Kevin.Cook

I have been on the fence about stripes myself. Because my car unfortunately came with the rocker stripe delete, idk if the car would like good with over the top stripes without rocker stripes....
Old 06-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have been on the fence about stripes myself. Because my car unfortunately came with the rocker stripe delete, idk if the car would like good with over the top stripes without rocker stripes....
Yeah I don't have rockers either, but I have a buddy with some nice stripes and look really good. I want to go with two black stripes, with a thin yellow or red one on the outer edges of those just to be a bit different. A new hood would be great lol possibly the RAM air hood
Old 06-09-2015, 10:30 PM   #35

Dont mean to thread jack but do you guys go to any meets here around sa?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
specvjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang