Throttle is non responsive - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-10-2015, 07:38 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You can hold the button and it will somewhat disable it, but it will not be fully disabled and has the ability to step back in - ask anyone who tracks their car what their rear brake pads look like after a few sessions if they use the above method. All the nannies can only fully be turned off in the tune itself, and your dash lights up like a Christmas tree. However, thats not really the point of this thread, i just wanted to clear things up.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 07:42 AM   #37
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I wouldn't think it would make a difference but I look forward to mpts response
Well, since you have an MPT tune as well, you can check with them too and we can compare responses. Always good to have a backup
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
You can hold the button and it will somewhat disable it, but it will not be fully disabled and has the ability to step back in - ask anyone who tracks their car what their rear brake pads look like after a few sessions if they use the above method. All the nannies can only fully be turned off in the tune itself, and your dash lights up like a Christmas tree. However, thats not really the point of this thread, i just wanted to clear things up.
How about disabling it by pulling fuse to Electronic stability control?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 10:45 AM   #39
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
What about Diehard's post #26 concerning the instructions in the Owners Manual? Just curious, thanks.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 06-10-2015, 10:45 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I guess that could work?
Old 06-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #41
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

MPT Response to adaptive shifting.

OK, here's the skinny from Ken the lead calibrator at MPT:

"All of our tunes already have this function built in. I can't/won't go into detail as to the "problem" that this 47 fuse pull is supposed to resolve, and how we have fixed it. But pulling the fuse is unnecessary on any of our tunes, and is largely just internet bench racing."

I'm good to go
Old 06-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #42
Kevin.Cook

Voltwings - We are still waiting for PM's of your feet on your Sale thread. LOL just kidding :O
Old 06-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Haha one of my buddies, Jeff, calls me Huck Finn, says i got nasty homeless people feet since im always working on the car barefoot. Unless its like a big job where there's risk of stepping on or dropping something, im barefoot. Too damn hot in south Texas to waste time with shoes.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #44
Kevin.Cook

I hear ya. Was about 100 here all weekend. I would be barefoot but I got baby feet and even the smallest rock hurts. LMAO!
Old 06-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Hey guys just an update, after pressing the traction control button to turn it off, the car definitely feels more responsive when gunning from coming out a corner ect.

It does feel somewhat still restricted, slightly.

I will be contacting MpT, hopefully they can change that option for me so the traction is entirely off.

I originally had on a 93/race tune on when i felt this problem. I switched it to stock and change it to an 87/street tune but still felt the problem.

It doesnt feel like a mechanical issue whatsoever, no odd transmission shift ect. Felt computer related.

Thank you guys for the help. Solution was all in the push a button.
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #46
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanG View Post
Hey guys just an update, after pressing the traction control button to turn it off, the car definitely feels more responsive when gunning from coming out a corner ect.

I will be contacting MpT, hopefully they can change that option for me so the traction is entirely off.

I originally had on a 93/race tune on when i felt this problem. I switched it to stock and change it to an 87/street tune but still felt the problem.

It doesnt feel like a mechanical issue whatsoever, no odd transmission shift ect. Felt computer related.

Now if only everything else was this easy....
Old 06-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Move the carpet from behind your gas pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:06 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The lights on your dash will be on 24/7, it looks like a christmas tree. They may not do it, they were even hesitant to remove it on our (road) race tune, i had to call Mike and explain our situation and what was going on.

_shameless plug_ it was at that time I asked Mike about E85 and he offered their 50/50 tune which is pretty nice, i recommend checking it out for those with access to E85.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
Move the carpet from behind your gas pedal

Ohh let me double check
Old 06-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Or just get better tires so you dont slip and kick the TC on
Old 06-10-2015, 01:20 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The lights on your dash will be on 24/7, it looks like a christmas tree. They may not do it, they were even hesitant to remove it on our (road) race tune, i had to call Mike and explain our situation and what was going on.

_shameless plug_ it was at that time I asked Mike about E85 and he offered their 50/50 tune which is pretty nice, i recommend checking it out for those with access to E85.
How did you like that tune? theirs one gas station in my city that has it, right down the street from me
Old 06-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

You wont notice a big increase in peak power, but off the line and mid range are a LOT fatter for sure.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

"Throttle is unresponsive" = Your car thinks its a Camaro.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:30 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ohh let me double check

This has happened to me on every car I've owned that's why I said it lol

Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I thought if you were at a stop with your foot on the brake and the button pressed for 5 seconds, completely turns off everything? If not is the tuner able to disable it or the tune itself?

Sent from LG G3.
I wish that it were so simple to eradicate advancetrac as installing a tune. The stability control and traction control live in the ABS module, and it has to be replaced with the race car module to get rid of it. You can turn it off, but it can turn itself back on for no good reason.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:24 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
I wish that it were so simple to eradicate advancetrac as installing a tune. The stability control and traction control live in the ABS module, and it has to be replaced with the race car module to get rid of it. You can turn it off, but it can turn itself back on for no good reason.
Well with this method (hold down the button for 5 seconds at a stop with my foot on the brake) I can light up the tires anytime no problem and potentially wrap my car around a tree, so that's good enough for me lol.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:04 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Well with this method (hold down the button for 5 seconds at a stop with my foot on the brake) I can light up the tires anytime no problem and potentially wrap my car around a tree, so that's good enough for me lol.

Sent from LG G3.
This is part of my startup every time I get in the car (turning off AdvanceTrac, not wrapping the car around the tree). Start car, Turn on Radar Detector & CB, then disable traction control and AdvanceTrac. Now, I realize that AdvanceTrac can do things that I as a driver cannot (such as torque vectoring) and can react quicker than my middle aged reflexes allow. However, after learning in and driving old-fashioned front engine, rear wheel drive vehicles for the better part of three decades, I find the nannie electronics irritating and intrusive. It is the one thing that I don't like about my Mustang. Shoot, my Ducati even lets me turn the ABS completely off if I so desire! However, I will give this to Ford - AdvanceTrac does work better and smoother than that goofy Stabilitrak in my '09 half-ton... and the Stabilitrak "off" button is just for looks, since it only stays inactive for a minute or so and then it's right back making the truck do things that I do not want it to do. OK, sorry about the "Back in my day we didn't have nannie electronics - and we liked it!" rant...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang