creaky drivers seat - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
creaky drivers seat

so, i'll be the first to admit that i'm a bit portley myself lol, and this is the first car i've ever had with automatic seats and whatnot.

i've recently begun to notice my drivers seat is getting a bit more creaky...and i've only had the car for a year now. i also noticed that when moving it backwards on the rail, it shudders a bit when it hits a certain part of the rail. it doesn't do this going forward though.

now i mean, i can chalk it up to my fatass weighing down on the mechanics of the seat lol but has anyone else noticed any creakiness or any shuddering/shaking when moving the mechanism back and forth? i keep my seat rather flat..i don't do the angle backwards at all. i have it so the lip is all the way down, and i just raise the *** up slightly so i'm not too low to not see over that hood bump.

just hope the power seats don't crap out or anything..maybe the cars just telling me to lose some weight? lol
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I have the same problem. I'm not skinny 240lbs 6'; however, I have some of this also. It's not too bad. I don't hear much of anything really when I have the stereo on combined with intake and exhaust noise, not to mention the other little quirks lol. I for the most part don't have to adjust my seat since I don't use the back seats and nobody else drivers her but me. My boss has a v6 and his heaters went out pretty quick, but the adjustment is still going strong.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
I have the same problem. I'm not skinny 240lbs 6'; however, I have some of this also. It's not too bad. I don't hear much of anything really when I have the stereo on combined with intake and exhaust noise, not to mention the other little quirks lol. I for the most part don't have to adjust my seat since I don't use the back seats and nobody else drivers her but me. My boss has a v6 and his heaters went out pretty quick, but the adjustment is still going strong.
hmm ok cool. yeah, i only noticed it recently with the stereo off, and was like, hmm, that's new. i hardly ever adjust back and forth, but i had to for some reason and noticed it started after that..maybe it molded into a groove fromw here i always sat or soemthign? either way, i hope it doesn't crap out! lol
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
You should be able to see grease on the tracks. If not, get the dealer to do it. Or alternately try adding some of your own silicone grease or something similar.

Another thought...get a 160+/- lb. person to try it to see if it makes the noise before visiting your friendly dealer.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:27 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook

I got a good laugh from this. Lol. Yea you will need to regrease the components. The perks of having moving parts.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

lol its my seats plea for me to get to the gym again 😂

but ok so it may need regreasing? and the dealer does that? hmm ok. guess I'll add that to the list of things to do when I finally bring it in for that water sloshing lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
also, I've got some on you.. 5'11, 280 lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang