When to upload tune? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
When to upload tune?

I just received my Steeda tune, and going on a 600 mile round trip tomorrow and Thursday. Is there any reason to wait until I get back before uploading the tune? Currently only have BBK CAI and throttle body that dont "need" a tune. Been driving without a tune for the last 10,000 miles. 95% highway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT227 View Post
I just received my Steeda tune, and going on a 600 mile round trip tomorrow and Thursday. Is there any reason to wait until I get back before uploading the tune? Currently only have BBK CAI and throttle body that dont "need" a tune. Been driving without a tune for the last 10,000 miles. 95% highway.
I don't see any reason why not, but I would load the tune today and give it a test run for about 10 to 15 minutes to see how you like it. If there's any issues, return your car to stock and deal with the tune when you get back. If you like how the tune feels, it would be a perfect opportunity to try it out on a long run. Just make sure you take your tuner with you just in case. Have fun
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Tune it and drive it for atleast 50 miles. It takes that long for the tune to work its magic into the webbing of your cars computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #4
doyouevenforum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20prima10 View Post
Tune it and drive it for atleast 50 miles. It takes that long for the tune to work its magic into the webbing of your cars computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-09-2015, 06:41 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook

I would tune it before the trip. That 600 miles will be more then enough for your car to adjust. Then you can romp on it all the way back.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Once you load it, the stock tune will be on the tuner so just take it with you if you're concerned. You can switch back anytime but being Steeda, I'd guess you won't go back
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Once you load it, the stock tune will be on the tuner so just take it with you if you're concerned. You can switch back anytime but being Steeda, I'd guess you won't go back
^^+1 on this. I would tune it take it for a spin and if you feel everything is ok then leave it in for the trip, But will take the tuner along just in case. I keep my tuner with me all the time.
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Just got down to Ft. Lauderdale...about 300 miles. Car ran fine. Noticed a little extra pep, but nothing major. Also, my gas mileage went way down. I was getting around 30-31 strictly on highway and now I'm only getting around 26.

Was not beating on the gas either. Just driving like normal. We'll see what happens tomorrow on the way back.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:06 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
I noticed a mpg hit when I loaded up my tune too, but I notice a big difference in my car.

Sent from my XT1064 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Just got down to Ft. Lauderdale...about 300 miles. Car ran fine. Noticed a little extra pep, but nothing major. Also, my gas mileage went way down. I was getting around 30-31 strictly on highway and now I'm only getting around 26.

Was not beating on the gas either. Just driving like normal. We'll see what happens tomorrow on the way back.
If you are in Ft. Lauderdale ... come by our Pompano Beach, FL location & we can check it out! We are right up the street!

Address: 1351 NW Steeda Way, Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Phone - (954) 960-0774
Hours: Open today · 8:00 am – 6:00 pm

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks TJ! I'll stop by next time I'm around.

Coming back home, I wasn't too concerned about mileage anymore and just drove normal. When I filled up and calculated my mpg, it was just over 28.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Lower mpg? Hmm. When I had the Steeda CAI and tune on my 5.0, I gained 1.5 mpg.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:13 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
That was probably the CAI. Those usually give a 1-2 mpg

Sent from my XT1064 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang