about to bite bullet on supercharger - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2015, 03:14 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
If he's just bolting on a pro charger and that's it, I wouldn't recommend anything more than 3.73; especially with a manual. You know what youre doing and can fine tune it exactly how you like it, for the average Joe they just pop it on and go. If you're DDing the 3.7 with a pro charger with 4.10s first is gone pretty much and could be pretty annoying.... But if you want a track beast, then yeah you could work around it for sure. What size bottle are you running now? I haven't been on here a lot I missed your build updates I know you said you were changing them

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Here...
Getting ready for 8100-8200 rpms
That's current project...

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 06:47 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Update: just purchased it procharger supercharger +Plus aluminum driveshaft from American muscle!!! Can't wait!!!

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #38
Kevin.Cook

Dang! Someone is loaded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 07:36 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Wish I cud get the wife to let me do that lol. Hell I can't even get my tuner of my hood or my lowering springs or all the other 15000$ list I have lol. She says I have to pay it off first.

20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #40
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Update: just purchased it procharger supercharger +Plus aluminum driveshaft from American muscle!!! Can't wait!!!

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Old 07-02-2015, 12:13 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I have my driveshaft, New pulley and belt, full suspension, New mid pipe waiting to go in. Gonna pick up some drag radials too. Gonna love the procharger just don't red line it!!!

Old 07-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Why so much confusion with am? I placed my order for the sc kit on tues. We'd I filled out the form for the tune procharger does. Thurs I sent an email confirming that they received my email and that they are having helical gears and cai upgrades attached. I got a response from someone saying they are directly in contact w procharger. This morning I get an email to fill out (the same form). I call am and (cuz of the holiday weekend) one person is there but he is not able to give me an appropriate answer. So frustrating that this piece takes a while to be processed normally and now by the time Monday comes it'll add on an additional week.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Chances are they dont keep them in stock and just drop ship them from Procharger.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

This waiting game for the sc is killing me!!!

Old 07-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

At least you get to play that game. That's one step ahead of everyone else without one! Lol

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #46
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
At least you get to play that game. That's one step ahead of everyone else without one! Lol

I thought the same thing
Old 07-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Whos doing the install?
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:22 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Izzy performance in South Bay

Old 07-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #49
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
#firstworldproblems
Old 07-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
So

Sent from the Bathroom

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:01 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Ordered last tues al ds and kit but build time is "2 weeks" or sooner so I should get it next week

Old 07-08-2015, 08:02 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1436403754.119025.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	186728

Old 07-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What all upgrades or aftermarket parts would you need to install a super charger?

Ryan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #54
Kevin.Cook

Cant wait to see how your install experience is.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Aftermarket parts? I'm not sure I bought the supercharger complete kit so everything is there for install. I might get boost gauge that's probably it. Hopefully everything comes in this Friday.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Damn waiting game made me wake up at 330am and been up since already 902pm!!! I wanna get this over with!!!

Old 07-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #57
Kevin.Cook

Are you swapping the spark plugs? I was told you need a colder plug. Also, it is recommended in their instructions to change them if you already have over 10k miles on your existing ones.

Does the kit come with oil for the Procharger?
Old 07-15-2015, 10:06 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think so unless the kit provides new ones. It comes with three oil supplies: one for the initial 500 and two more for 6000 I'm going to get the 3 year warranty for 50 bucks which includes more oil than needed

Old 07-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #59
Kevin.Cook

I would probably pick some up just in case. Especially if you have a good amount of miles already.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:31 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Package arrived ups distribution center in la yesterday yet it had to go to another one so pissed lol I love like a few miles from the first one. I bet it even traveled further. Anyway getting kit today

Old 07-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

U mean open up packaging and take pics of items? Or what papers?

Old 07-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #62
Kevin.Cook

Should be a sheet that is included with a list of everything you received in the kit. Just the sheet should suffice.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:54 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Ahh I c will do the box is 5'x2'x1' plus I also have the ds don't think it'll all fit in the mustang. Will probably end up taking items out of box and just placing them back and trunk I guess

Old 07-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #64
Kevin.Cook

Passenger seat area, and fold the back seats down. It will work!!!
Old 07-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

How much is your shop charging for installation?

Fariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:59 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Close to 2k w full install both ds and kit and custom tune

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Only reason I bought complete kit was to get the carb sticker when it will be approved or when it gets approved I guess.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
U need new spark plugs

Old 07-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I envy you guys doing this, I read all the threads and I'm thinking to myself what did i do wrong, I can afford it but the wife would kill me, I guess that's where the culprit is lol.. Subscribed, keep it coming I might make an impulse getting one.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:23 PM   #69
Kevin.Cook

shunc01 - You just gotta give what your wife wants and tell her (not ask), that you are getting a Procharger in return. This is what I did.

Just offer anything. A puppy, a kid, your left arm, etc.

Don't worry, I was in your same situation. I make 75k a year and wondered how the hell people afforded this. Then a once in a lifetime type deal came to me. Your time will come soon. If you really want it.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Okay install shop will install spar plugs accordingly. Yeah I was really thinking about doing this for some time now. Did my research and I am still learning at the same time.

Package arrived today. Will be dropping off car tomorrow with kit and ds. Hopefully ready by tues or wed of next week.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang