Installed Eibach Sportlines! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2015, 09:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Installed Eibach Sportlines!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434162323.737093.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	184703Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434162349.195975.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	184704Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434162417.082799.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	184705Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434162435.672179.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	184706

I am extremely pleased with the results! And it should drop a bit more once all settled in. I also installed a set of Ford Racing shocks/struts. Took me about 4 hours on jack stands and I took my time. About an hour was spent wrenching on and off the spring compressors cause they were some old ones my dad had laying around lol.

The ride quality is pretty firm over stock. Got rid of that floaty boat like feel. Handles like a dream too. I'm going to install LCAs and relocation brackets tomrw/Sunday.

Also, after installing my one piece driveshaft, i noticed pretty bad vibrations around 2-3k. I thought this was because of the dual mass flywheel.. But after I lowered it, it just about eliminated the vibrations and it's really smooth. So this tells me that the pinion angle was off from the factory. Thought that was kind of weird. I'm going to check my pinion angle tomorrow and if it's on spot, then I might not even install the adj UCA.

By the way.. Anyone looking for stock suspension?

My back hurts.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
That's one sick looking ride!!! Great job.
Btw if you not going to use that adj uca how much u want for it lol?

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
That's one sick looking ride!!! Great job.
Btw if you not going to use that adj uca how much u want for it lol?

Sent from LG G3.

Thank you! I'm not sure if I'm going to sell it yet, but if I do, you will be the first dibs.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2015, 10:47 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
The one pc drive shaft changes how the pinion angle would need to be adjusted. The angle is now from the trans and not the carrier bearing like it is with a 2 pc drive shaft. Also, you will most likely need the adjustable UCA and the bracket since you have the one pc drive shaft.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
The one pc drive shaft changes how the pinion angle would need to be adjusted. The angle is now from the trans and not the carrier bearing like it is with a 2 pc drive shaft. Also, you will most likely need the adjustable UCA and the bracket since you have the one pc drive shaft.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

Right. I understand. I just find it weird how after I lowered it, it smoothed out the driveline.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:52 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Looks great. Any scraping yet?

Also, I noticed you don't have any side emblems, there's no holes behind them?
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Looks great. Any scraping yet?

Also, I noticed you don't have any side emblems, there's no holes behind them?
No scraping!... yet. There's actually a good amount of clearance underneath. I think the 20s help out

I never had any side emblems. I believe they only come on the 3.7 pony package.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:03 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
The one pc drive shaft changes how the pinion angle would need to be adjusted. The angle is now from the trans and not the carrier bearing like it is with a 2 pc drive shaft.
3.7s don't have a carrier bearing mid-shaft like the 5.0s. They have a crappy sliding spline connection in the middle of the shaft.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:08 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
3.7s don't have a carrier bearing mid-shaft like the 5.0s. They have a crappy sliding spline connection in the middle of the shaft.

Oh interesting. I figured they were similar. My bad.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-13-2015, 01:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

IG @Oxford5pointoh

He is right about the pinion angle and you need an adjustable upper control arm. I had to go through this like a month ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Harm_3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:02 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Nice stance, great info concerning the pinion angle. Thanks for the views.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #12
Kevin.Cook

They 10s though but you keep them clean?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_Shot_2012-01-06_at_12.16.38_AM.png
Views:	2754
Size:	994.2 KB
ID:	184742  
Old 06-13-2015, 01:11 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Damn this has me thinking now, I have vibrations around 2-3k too and that is the only thing I hate about the car right now. I did add a 1 piece ds so now I'm wondering how bad my pinion angle is off Hmmm thanks!
Lan_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:02 AM   #14
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Looking good brother. Installing the Pro Kit myself this weekend. Rear laat night and front after I finish my coffee.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:51 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan_Evo View Post
Damn this has me thinking now, I have vibrations around 2-3k too and that is the only thing I hate about the car right now. I did add a 1 piece ds so now I'm wondering how bad my pinion angle is off Hmmm thanks!
Are you lowered? If so, your angle may be off.

The 2-3k vibration may be from the dual-mass flywheel.

Which shaft do you have? The DSS shaft has a CV joint at the rear, which helps if the pinion angle is off.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 06-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you lowered? If so, your angle may be off.

The 2-3k vibration may be from the dual-mass flywheel.

Which shaft do you have? The DSS shaft has a CV joint at the rear, which helps if the pinion angle is off.

Did you read the last part of my post?

Old 06-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

I did. You didn't say which shaft you have. AE, DSS, or somebody else?
Old 06-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did. You didn't say which shaft you have. AE, DSS, or somebody else?

Dynotech

Old 06-14-2015, 09:30 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

So I checked my pinion angle today after installing my springs, shocks/struts, LCAs + relocation brackets, and it was right on the money. -2 degrees. I kept the aftermarket LCAs at stock length.

Front trans measurement was 2 degrees less than the rear pinion. I find this extremely odd that it was off from the factory. Makes me wonder how many others are like this and putting strain on their drivetrain. Just another reason to run a crappy 2 piece shaft. No wonder why they're exploding lol

Old 06-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
So I checked my pinion angle today after installing my springs, shocks/struts, LCAs + relocation brackets, and it was right on the money. -2 degrees. I kept the aftermarket LCAs at stock length.

Front trans measurement was 2 degrees less than the rear pinion. I find this extremely odd that it was off from the factory. Makes me wonder how many others are like this and putting strain on their drivetrain. Just another reason to run a crappy 2 piece shaft. No wonder why they're exploding lol

-2 is the setting when you are running poly bushings. -3 to -4 for rubber just FYI

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-14-2015, 09:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
-2 is the setting when you are running poly bushings. -3 to -4 for rubber just FYI

IG @Oxford5pointoh
"If you have a fully aftermarket rear end, you could run about 1 to 1.5 degrees. If you are running a common street setup with one set of control arms only, then 2 degrees or so is more appropriate."

-Taken right for this link which explains pinion angle: http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA%20_adj.htm

Old 06-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
"If you have a fully aftermarket rear end, you could run about 1 to 1.5 degrees. If you are running a common street setup with one set of control arms only, then 2 degrees or so is more appropriate."

-Taken right for this link which explains pinion angle: http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA%20_adj.htm

Right. But my point is that ford most likely had it set -3 or -4 before he dropped it.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Right. But my point is that ford most likely had it set -3 or -4 before he dropped it.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Ah, makes sense.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:17 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah, makes sense.
Wait, no. I take that back. Wouldn't that put it a 0 degree angle at factory height?

Old 06-14-2015, 11:07 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Wait, no. I take that back. Wouldn't that put it a 0 degree angle at factory height?

No it's the opposite. Lowering it pushes the angle or the front of the diff down which takes away negative pinion angle. Pull it up and it adds to the pinion angle.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-14-2015, 11:41 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No it's the opposite. Lowering it pushes the angle or the front of the diff down which takes away negative pinion angle. Pull it up and it adds to the pinion angle.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
How does it push the front down? Doesn't it lower the trans flange, therefor "pushing" the diff up

Old 06-14-2015, 11:57 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
How does it push the front down? Doesn't it lower the trans flange, therefor "pushing" the diff up

Hmm. Well when I did mine the front was down. But maybe it's because I changed out so much at once that I had that result. You might be right. But I still don't think your pinion angle was off from the factory. It's because you started changing things like the drive shaft without checking the pinion angle after. I am sure if you swapped your factory drive shaft back in now that your lowered it wouldn't have the same result.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-15-2015, 12:03 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmm. Well when I did mine the front was down. But maybe it's because I changed out so much at once that I had that result. You might be right. But I still don't think your pinion angle was off from the factory. It's because you started changing things like the drive shaft without checking the pinion angle after. I am sure if you swapped your factory drive shaft back in now that your lowered it wouldn't have the same result.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
I know I'm right. When I changed to my one piece, I was at a neutral setting 0 (factory), therefor causing vibrations under acceleration. After lowering, it put the trans flange lower than the pinion flange causing it to line up during acceleration, hence the -2 degree angle. If I swapped my factory shaft back in, it wouldn't make much of a difference because the two piece shafts are a lot more forgiving to misaligned pinion angles.

Also, you're running an auto which is different than standard trans when it comes to pinion angles.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:59 AM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I know I'm right. When I changed to my one piece, I was at a neutral setting 0 (factory), therefor causing vibrations under acceleration. After lowering, it put the trans flange lower than the pinion flange causing it to line up during acceleration, hence the -2 degree angle. If I swapped my factory shaft back in, it wouldn't make much of a difference because the two piece shafts are a lot more forgiving to misaligned pinion angles.

Also, you're running an auto which is different than standard trans when it comes to pinion angles.

Well first, two pc drive shaft pinion angle is measured not by the trans and diff but by the post carrier bearing part of the drive shaft and the diff. The trans isn't a factor with a 2 pc drive shaft

Second I have a manual. Not sure how you decided I have an auto.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-15-2015, 07:54 AM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

The V6 shaft doesn't have a center carrier bearing.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:59 AM   #31
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
The V6 shaft doesn't have a center carrier bearing.

Yeah I know, I keep forgetting he has a v6

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-15-2015, 08:33 AM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

But you raise a great point about differences in measuring the pinion angle between the stock V6 and V8 setups!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well first, two pc drive shaft pinion angle is measured not by the trans and diff but by the post carrier bearing part of the drive shaft and the diff. The trans isn't a factor with a 2 pc drive shaft

Second I have a manual. Not sure how you decided I have an auto.

IG @Oxford5pointoh

My bad I got you confused with someone from a different post.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang