Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs

This was no two hour install. More like four and a half. Not a significant drop but after reading about the Sportlines being "extreme" I got a bit nervous as I didn't want the car slammed. Much firmer ride and more sporty feel with a subtle drop. All in all, pleased with the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0605151309b.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	184888   Click image for larger version

Name:	0614151804.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	184889  

Name:	0614150713.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	995.0 KB
ID:	184890   Click image for larger version

Name:	0614151206.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	184891  

2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2015, 05:35 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
Looks good man! These are the springs I am probably Going to go with my self!
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Thanks brother. The reason I'm happiest about changing from the Sportlines to the Pro Kit is looking at the rear; dropping that down another half inch would look odd (to me.) Also, with the subtle drop, the option of camber plates became a maybe from the decided several hundred dollar definitely (after the price of the springs.)
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
Are you going to go with the Ground Control Caster camber plates, if you decide to get them? That is who I plan on going with, when I get my springs.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
It looks great. I like my Pro kit. For a DD it's a good drop and doesn't cause many other issues with scraping or other suspension issues. I'm thinking I want to go a little lower though...I'll have to wait and see.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Going to get a local shop to do an alignment in a week or so after they settle. From there I'll know if I need camber plates. I have a feeling I'm not though alucard. Stangman, I'm with you there. If there was something out there where the rear would have ended up this way and the front just a wee bit more, it would have been perfect. Like you said, this is my DD and I do have to content with a few speed bumps each day.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

You won't need any camber plates. I took mine in for an alignment after a week or so and I didn't even really need one. They put it on the rack and it was so close they didn't even really mess with it.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Installed Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Looks good man!

I just installed a set of Sportlines, and they actually dropped it perfect for my taste.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1434332928.405073.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	184899

We have a pretty similar looking ride lol. I have the fp6 package as well. Agreed on the 4hour install. I changed shocks/struts too. But it was well worth it!

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Looks great indeed. Nicely done
Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
wow, that looks great. I am thinking about the pro also but have been told that the spotline provides better performance. I am not knowing which to go with and if I would have to use camber plates. I would like to hear from both, with pro springs and sportline springs. I don't want a really slammed ride that will scrape everything but want to really hug in and out of corners.
kanas27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanas27 View Post
wow, that looks great. I am thinking about the pro also but have been told that the spotline provides better performance. I am not knowing which to go with and if I would have to use camber plates. I would like to hear from both, with pro springs and sportline springs. I don't want a really slammed ride that will scrape everything but want to really hug in and out of corners.
Sportlines= slammed and need other suspension upgrades

Pro Kit= mild drop for a DD. you can use all of your stock stuff with these. No CC plates.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanas27 View Post

I'm running Sportlines w 20" wheels and no issues. Really hugs the corners Whatever you choose to do, add a set of sway bars and you'll be surprised how much of a difference it'll make

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Old 06-15-2015, 08:52 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Kanas, I feel your pain. Those were exactly my thought processes. Something told me the Sportlines would be too low on my car. My rear always sat a little lower and looking at the Pro Kit on the back after my install, another inch lower would have been too much. But on the front, I wish I had another half inch drop. Mean14's ride is exactly what I was looking for but his rear and my car's rear looks to be close to same drop (his is a bit lower). Prior to my ordering these springs, in addition to the fear of being slammed was costs for C&C plates etc to get it done. In the end, we each have to make some ballpark guess work.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I'm pretty close to slammed, maybe a half inch of wheel gap on the rears, none on front. This is with SR springs and 19 inch wheels. Said it would drop 1.25-1.5, was more like 2 lol

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1434498430248.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	185064  
Old 06-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
They look great. One question please. This is from AM's website (I have a 14 v6 vert)

Lowers 2011-2014 V6 Convertible: Front - 0.8”, Rear - 1.2”

Do I need an adjustable Panhard bar for 1.2"?
What about adj upper control arm? Rear LCA relocate brackets.
I don't race/track so for my use stock drive shaft will do.
Thanks & best regards,
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I'm pretty close to slammed, maybe a half inch of wheel gap on the rears, none on front. This is with SR springs and 19 inch wheels. Said it would drop 1.25-1.5, was more like 2 lol

There's def gap on the front man. And the rears. I'd say you're probably just short of a 1.5" drop. Keep in mind you have a taller sidewall. What's your tire size?

Old 06-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
There's def gap on the front man. And the rears. I'd say you're probably just short of a 1.5" drop. Keep in mind you have a taller sidewall. What's your tire size?
That's way more than a 1.5, I measured stock to the drop it was 2"

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1434501776096.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	185067  
Old 06-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
SR springs 1.5" drop with 245/45/19s. Top picture is rear and bottom pic is the front. They have been on the car well over a year now and every 3rd week i car pool with two other people in the car. For me its a perfect drop and doesn't slam, even when loaded.

Sent from LG G3.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1434504745367.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	185074   Click image for larger version

Name:	1434504771342.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	185076  

FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
SR springs 1.5" drop with 245/45/19s. Top picture is rear and bottom pic is the front. They have been on the car well over a year now and every 3rd week i car pool with two other people in the car. For me its a perfect drop and doesn't slam, even when loaded.

Sent from LG G3.
Any other suspension mods?
Old 06-16-2015, 09:00 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Adjustable panhard bar and camber bolts.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:34 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Thanks guys....these have been very good options, still not sure which way to go, ugh...lol.

Time to weigh out overall look, ride difference; and cost of each setup and overall mods.
kanas27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #22
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree43 View Post
They look great. One question please. This is from AM's website (I have a 14 v6 vert)

Lowers 2011-2014 V6 Convertible: Front - 0.8”, Rear - 1.2”

Do I need an adjustable Panhard bar for 1.2"?
What about adj upper control arm? Rear LCA relocate brackets.
I don't race/track so for my use stock drive shaft will do.
Thanks & best regards,
I did do an adjustable panhard bar. (Went with BMR and installed before the springs.) Here's the weird thing. I measured before the spring install and the under-carrage was actually about .25" left of center of the body. After install of the kit, the car was centered. Lowering made the car very close to centered. You don't need the UCA for this spring kit. LCA brackets would be good but not really necessary either as the drop is moderate. I'll likely do brackets as the next weekend project however. Your stock drive shaft will be fine. Looks to me like you're another over-thinker like me brother.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Thank you, Just wanted to be sure, I need a few more posts before I can contact AM for code. Wanted to have all thoughts together by then. Only want to do the work once as well. I don't want to go to far, but this mod one looks good.
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang